What they could have, and should have, done with origins

TheBSZombie

So the map has been out for a while now and I think its probably one of the top 5 maps of all time. But that doesn't mean it couldn't be better. So I was thinking why not make a list of things that they could have done to make this map the best ever.

I'll go ahead and name some of the ideas I have been thinking of.

-When you spawn in, one of the spawn points would be inside the first robot. This would give you the opportunity to pick up the wind staff piece and I think it would just add to the overall wow factor of the spawn.

-When you enter the robot, you can stay in there until you get to the end of the robot's path. When you get there you will meet a panzer soldat but you will also see some of the futuristic weapons along the wall. Think of it as the armory in buried. You will have a limited time, probably 30 seconds, to get ammo or a new gun while being chased by a panzer. Maybe DT 2.0 could be here.

Any other ideas are welcomed. Maybe someone important will see this and some of the ideas could be implemented into bo3.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

-It would have been cool if some how destroying the Giants was part of the side quest.

-A Side quest reward that benefited you in game if you chose to not start the cut scene.

-Actually have the melees they tease in the cinematic for once.

-I want to say answers; but they answered some but raised so many more.

That's all I can really think of. This map is already spectacular and I think they really out did themselves. It's always fun to imagine if things were done differently though.

Oh don't tell me the ways origins should have gone down...

The storyline is rubbish and pointless... Pity as well they could have done SO much more with it...

They could have tied future richtofen back with past richtofen, they could have ended it with Nikolai and takeo being taken prisoner by the Germans... They could have made the characters act like their future selves while under the influence of zombie blood... Samantha's presence in the map is a flipping disaster... If anything an aethieric grand-evil like in MOTD or something other then the child that doesnt exist yet.... The maxis drone was nice, but purhaps we could have built a new actual body for him rather then a pointless drone... And the big "cross to argartha" thing was horrible... That made little to no point, as we KNOW these characters become a dunk, a psycho, a silent warrior, and an angry solider, they don't go to argartha... They go to the moon, the EXACT opposite of argartha.... We KNOW this... It happens...

Oh and the Remington new model army should have been on this map,,.

• Administrators

-Actually have the melees they tease in the cinematic for once.

-I want to say answers; but they answered some but raised so many more.

I cannot agree with this more. In fact, let's throw in all the weapons that we see, whether in a trailer/cutscene or loading screen. We get so pumped when watching scenes from Call of the Dead and Origins because of the badass kills from each character. I don't care if they are deemed "special weapons" and would only be used in a limited time; just give it to us so we can die happy.

Get some more creepy ambiance s---t in there.

The map is great, but the atmosphere is still lacking.

Let's hear some voices of people that aren't necessarily there anymore. Indicating that even in death, the horrors of war still live on.

Sounds of the past; like what this place was before the war. People going to church, children playing. French gibberish on the streets.

And then throw in some player-specific ones, like russian bar chatter for Nikolai or Japanese proverbs for Takeo. That way it can be speculated if anything abnormal the characters hear could just be them slowly losing their sanity.

You know, Verruckt-style.

Get some more creepy ambiance s---t in there. The map is great, but the atmosphere is still lacking.

Yeah, one of my biggest letdowns with Origins was the complete lack of atmosphere. For what was supposed to be a WWII setting, it was too Blue and cartoonish for my liking.

It was not even remotely dark or sinister enough.

this.

they should also made it bigger. oh and the ability to ascess the zeppelins.

origins wasnt nessarcy bad. but it was still a letdown.

• 2 weeks later...

The plethora of bugs/glitched deaths really hurt this map.

If they cleaned up the functionality, my only real complaint is that the stab/punch weapon is either: 1. Too frustrating to get early enough, or 2. It needs to last longer/more rounds for all of the annoyance factor of getting it.

Also, there is just too much overall annoyance. Take filling the boxes for example: having the robots come randomly, not even predictably while trying to fill them, and having them need more souls than you can get in a round before 10 is either bad (intentional) programming or bad (sloppy) programming.

I honestly think Origins in a near perfect map.

That being said, the Melee and the Airstrike Beacon are too difficult to obtain reasonably.

I would have liked an easier to obtain, but weaker version, or even just a purchasable bowie knife or bayonet or something.

You can get the airstrikes quickly if you're willing to waste points using the shield to get kills. Or you can usually get the melee just in time to get the airstrikes before the melee becomes a two hit kill (due to the way it sucks you forward with each punch, it becomes a massive hazard when it is no long a OHK).

I also thought the Airstrikes were a rather boring tactical grenade. I would have loved to see a return of any if the BO1 tacticals, or the retriever, or something along the lines of those.

The tacticals feel like overpowered Monkey bombs to me.

Even the Gersh Device still had it's random teleport ability to differentiate it from the Monkey.

I loved the staves for the balance for four players to each have a WW, and for one player to have the aspect of choice (granted they really shouldn't have made the staves do different damage.)

I wish there was MORE of an aspect of choice. Like different buildables or tacticals.

Because in most zombies maps, there is without a doubt an IDEAL setup. one that is the only setup useful past round 50 or 60, and one that will probably make gameplay the easiest from 0-50.

I'd like to see there be 3 or 4 different setups that play differently. One is more useful for camping. One for full map or large loops. One for small trains. etc. But have all of them be comparable in different ways and not have one massively out perform the others.

Yea the atmosphere is spot on for me, the blue grey wash is to represent that period, if you remember Der Riese used a lot of the same muted colors. I still catch myself looking at the giants, they just look so cool coming towards you.

IF I had to improve one thing, it would be to have double tap as a buyable, it's pretty much needed these days and I have the hardest time getting it to give me one out of the wunderfizz.

That, and they could have made Nikolia a little better, I get that later on he gets fat, and becomes drunk and that's what makes him funny, but not one.single.mention of vodka from the guy, it's nit picky I know but it let me down.

And I agree with whoever said it would have been cool to destroy the machines, someone eventually will have to or they would have been explained (unless you're on the It's all a game side of the fence). I was kind of hoping to see the Aliens finally emerge from being in the background of the story for so long, to see them blow up the robots Independence day style would have been sweet.

I really like orgins but just a few things I wished would of been a little better done. The Easter Egg is something that you don't want to do more than once because it's time consuming and not worth the reward. If the reward was no more panzer/giant robots,walls in crazy place and all perks I would of loved it since it was rewarding but sadly that's not the case.Also they give up PHD flopper back as a buyable perk(after trolling us over and over) but take out the m1911??!! The upgraded war machine is just not the same. Last the one thing that makes orgins unplayable with randoms just like all bo2 maps for that mater is the rage quitters. I enjoy a good match with randoms from time to time but it's a constant thing with this map around 8-14 someone goes down and instantly backs out.Then leaderboards don't count so the other 2 randoms leave by round 15 I am playing a solo game. Solo though I got no issues with this map its a blast.