Poll: Which DLC was the best for Black ops 2?

This is a pretty strait-forward topic, tell me what YOUR favorite DLC is and why...

Personally I think it all depends on the Type of player you are:

Multiplayer Fanatic: Revoution: The Peacekeeper SMG is an amazing weapon, I would know it's all I use, the maps aren't bad and defiantly original. :D , the zombies map isn't much to look at however IMO...

All around easy player: Uprising: MOTD is an easy map, and fun, and the Multiplayer maps are my personal favorites!

Zombies Fanatic: Vengeance: If you can't afford all the DLCs the main one zombies fans should get is THIS one, it grants you a fantastic and fun map, a grief map, a turned map, and brilliant new zombies weapon, however these multiplayer maps are the worst of the 16 IMO....

All around Hardcore players: Apocalypse: A challenging, but fun map, (despite my hatred of it's storyline) and again, challenging and fun multiplayer maps....

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

I absolutely loved Vengeance's Multiplayer maps. Definitely the better of the four because of how the layout was structured so well. I was a sucker for the remake of Summit, haha.

Zombies-wise, I couldn't go wrong with Uprising. I love the other DLCs for their Zombies maps, but Uprising gave us a brilliant Mob of the Dead and Cell Block Grief. Now those are two modes to be damn proud of.

Apocalypse.

It has the (imo) best Zombie map for BO2. On the side, Frost is a really good MP map, Pod is decent and the other two (Takeoff and Dig) are average maps.

If not that, then Uprising. Mob is the other really good Zombies map for BO2, while on the MP side, I love Encore and I think most players really like Studio. Vertigo and Magma are nothing special though.

The other two both have side bonuses (guns for MP and Zombies) so you kinda want those too. I dislike all the Vengeance maps but I do like that Mark II.

They all had great things. First map pack comes with die rise, my favorite zombies map plus the peacekeeper

Second map came with motd. A map I got my first round 100.

Third map pack came out with buried, the worst map on bo2. But it did come with the rgm2 which made it playable.

And then the fourth map pack was amazing with origins.

So i picked the second map pack because of how great the zombie map was.

Uprising. Mob of the Dead was (in my opinion) the only great zombie map that came out for BO2.

Die Rise was an amazing solo map, but awful to play on co-op due to the poor spawn ratio per player and the fact that reviving could potentially be impossible at times.

Buried is the poorest zombie map on BO2. I have never been a fan of it. The fact that the end game box needs to be used on this map makes me hate it even more.

Origins is also rather poor imo. I think it was a letdown of epic proportions, but don't want to get in to the list of reasons why I hate it though as I do not want to turn the thread into a debate on this one particular map.

So... Uprising for me.

Eh, not to seem like a drag, but it's essentially another "what's your favourite map" thread, since it looks like people aren't taking MP into consideration.

Revolution for me. Multiplayer maps were fun and memorable, introduced Turned and a new DLC weapon, and Die Rise wasn't that bad

Uprising probably next, some okay maps. Mob was good, Grief Cell Block even more.

Vengeance probably next. Forgettable maps, but Zombies even it out. 3 game modes added. Paralyser. Buried was a super fun map that will never bore me because its challenge heaven.

Apocalypse last. Again, forgettable maps, but Origins is just a crazy, odd, frustratingly good map. But that's just it. It's only Origins, no Grief/Turned/No Mans Land. No extras like the others.

Just FYI in the poll you have it as "Resolution" when it is "Revolution"

which coincidentally was my favorite pack. Die Rise was a very interesting zombies map which in my opinion probably offers the best replay value.

But moreso than zombies which overall was rather underwhelming this time around, the multiplayer maps from this pack were very nice, and above all the first ever DLC weapon the Peacekeeper. I hope they continue that trend with Ghosts and the next treyarch installment as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Apocalypse, best map layout I've ever seen in Origins, so much work went into that. I'm not much of a MP, Ive had the game since launch and made it to third prestige on the mostly on double xp weekends.

I go all in zombie mode when I buy COD now, so Tranzit was fun, but wasn't a map pack, Nuketown was great, but wasn't really a map pack either...kinda but not really.

Die Rise was ok for about a month, I just don't think vertical structures worked well enough and falling is always fun when you are good and set up.

MOTD was pure genius, scary looking, scary sounding, a side or mirror view of the storyline (was setting us up to accept time loops IMO) and had great weapons and mini EEs, I was not a fan of ending the game with a win though.

Buried was a disaster, to this day I can't bring myself to play it because if its shear easiness, that and Ascension are maps I cannot lose to (although oddly Ascension is one of my fav maps) The town looked more like a themed western town, rather than a real western town, just felt like a piece in an amusement park.

Origins is still kicking my ass, I took a break from COD once a couple of new titles came out, so coming back to this map it still feels great and I have lots to learn still. I for one, do not buy into the obvious and think the ending will make more sense once we see BO3 or whatever variant of that, so I always love a good cliff hanger. Definitely didn't top blowing up the earth, but still good.

What lacked the most in all the maps to me were, the actual steps in the easter eggs, Tranzit was pretty fun to do, and Origins looks fun to finish too, but the rest were tedious, not at all fun. And also, the music was pretty bad in these map packs, some have grown on me a little but I still rock out to the BO1 soundtrack all this time later, I feel the tracks on BO2 will be forgotten about the moment we get our next 3arc game.

I can honestly say I enjoyed all the Dlc's except for Mob of the Dead. For some reason this map just didn't do anything for me I did the EE played it a few times and had no urge to play it ever again. Favorite I would have to say Orgins I know it wasn't as good as a finale as Moon but it felt like something from waw which is something I really wanted.