Is it me or is the shield useless in this map?

Tridalo

• Administrators

It's you.

*Can go prone with it on your back for complete immunity to robot stomp (actually I made that last one up it would be cool but don't try it hahaha :lol: )

Wow that was like learning about Christmas for the first time, and then two seconds later being told Santa isn't real. You should of seen my eyes light up.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's you.

*Can go prone with it on your back for complete immunity to robot stomp (actually I made that last one up it would be cool but don't try it hahaha :lol: )

Wow that was like learning about Christmas for the first time, and then two seconds later being told Santa isn't real. You should of seen my eyes light up.

This would have been awesome, well it works if you have a helmet

It's you.

The shield is more useful in this map than any other, and I personally prioritize getting it first thing. Apart from basic protection it provides from zombie slaps from behind while worn on your back here are some uses for it:

*Can be held out in front of you while training around generators you are powering up for almost complete protection in early rounds

*Can be used as a decoy when planted to distract last zombie while standing under robot foot to get teleported without killing zombie

*Can be used to easily melee kill zombies at holy water and tank station to get G-Strike grenades as early as round 6

*Can be used to block Panzer Soldat's claw of death

I was wondering when someone would say 'It's you!" I think the OP title should be changed...

It can also be planted to delay zombies if you get downed and are running for jug or right before you purchase jug.

it has many uses. of course the most useful aspect is wearing it on your back. can buy you time when reviving teammates, running small trains can keep you from double swipes from the back... also useful in powering the slates in early rounds to get the airstrike grenades as well. very very useful. if you think it is useless you just aren't doing it right

I don't know about you, but it has actually helped me out in some tight situations when reviving my team mates.

this^

it also blocks the panzer soldats claw ;)

later rounds if you've been down and cant afford jug, this is a real game saver,

It never blocks the claw for me. I thought it would when I first played the game. A friend went down and a panzer was right behind me. There wasn't many zombies left so I was going to quickly revive him and just keep running forward. At least that is what I thought. Halfway done reviving him and that panzer latched his claw on me, pulled me in and killed me. This happened at least one other time. Since it was early round, I went back and checked the video, it was definitely right behind me and I had my shield but no protection from the claw :(.

You can put the shield in the mud too. When i first played, you could not cart both the shield and drone, that changed.

The shield is a baby-sitter: run to a giants foot or fallen comrade, drop shield next to you (or they ignore it), run under foot or revive friend.

The game is very buggy...thank you theater mode for preserving my sanity when this game errs.

ok, so I tried placing the shield in a few spots on the tank path in the mud and it wouldn't place, but I could place it on the pallets on the tank tracks,

I think the muds about the only place you cant plant it,

You can put the shield in the mud too. When i first played, you could not cart both the shield and drone, that changed.

The shield is a baby-sitter: run to a giants foot or fallen comrade, drop shield next to you (or they ignore it), run under foot or revive friend.

The game is very buggy...thank you theater mode for preserving my sanity when this game errs.

yep, yep you can, I only realy tried round front of jug was probs glitchy, since ive placed it just bout everywhere ( haven't tried the tank yet, would be 8-) )

It's really useful to me. It was an important part for me in Completing the Achievement just a few minutes ago. (SOLO)

It's useful for getting the souls needed to purify the Tablet at the Church at a early round, say 7.

It's good when to have on you back. It was for me that is.

It's good to plant and let a Zombie destroy while you run to the Center Robot's left Foot to push the Damn Button (God that was a pain in my ass)

It was a big help for me at the end, in Crazy place while getting the Portal activated.

So yeah, Riot Shield. IMPORTANT