so how many controlers have you went through?

I have 3 kids and a wife that all play (multiplayer only) and so had to get 2 more playstations to keep the peace and so i also got some zombies in.

In the past 6 months we have went through 3 from me 2 from my wife and 4 from my kids thats 9 including the ones we still have that are starting to get worn out as well.

All have been joystick issues sprinting and knifing is nearly impossible has anyone else had the same problem and had to take apart to try n fix or buy a new 30 to 50 dollar controller only to turn around n buy another 2 months later really sucks does anyone have a fix for this or know much bout the warrenty for playstation brand controlers

Also gets stuck in up or down position thanks.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you know alil bit bout electronics before you blow the 50 bucks on a new one turn the controler off and then (DO NOT LET IT TURN BACK ON WHILE DOING THIS)take the case off its 5 small Phillips head screws. depending on what its doing it may just need to be cleaned out, after the case is off dicone ct the battery very carefully doing so then take joystick nob off and see what may be broken i fixed one of mine with a very small rubber band . Was easy to do just have ro be careful doing this so not to fry the controler or buy a cheap one but most suck really bad .

I have three controllers, two from the PS3 I got in 2010 and a pink one my sister got. All of them are in really good condition, only one of them has a minor problem on L2. It doesn't really snap back after pushing it as much as it should, but I'm fine with it.

I'm usually the only one who plays, and if I am REALLY pissed I'll still make sure to throw the controller on my couch. The way the L2 button broke is from throwing it at the couch and having it bounce back to the floor. :lol:

I have had the same 2 controllers for nearly 3 years now, but for quite a while they have both had very different problems, on on the RB button doesn't work and on the other everything works perfectly but you can't use a mic with it.

I have refused to get a new controllers because these two problems have never bothered me much, I use one for online and one for playing by myself, and I'm getting a PC soon so I am happy I have managed to keep the same 2 controllers since I got my xbox, microphones are my main problem, I'm on my 5th and I finally got a wireless on witch works great

Multiplayer has cost me around six pads in total.

Last one I ripped it in two by twisting it so hard... :evil:

NEVER NEVER, will I be playing BO2 Multiplayer again now that I have all the trophies I needed.

I do like Multiplayer, but not with all the problems that come with BO2 online.

Zombies still rules.

I never rage with zombies.

Regards Alpha.

Let's see, my old first Elite Xbox controller broke the LB button.

Second one had an analog stick that broke, and LB gave out again.

Had two Aftershock wired controllers that had crap cords that covered the wires, and soon they wouldn't connect to my Xbox.

Another broken LB bumper on my last controller.

And my current controller that is working perfectly fine.

So I have broken 5 and owned 6.

I've only went through two controllers, putting my total up to owning 5. One finally gave out and had to replace it, the other...met it's demise via tekken tag 2.

I know they have analog and shoulder button extenders that are supposed to make it easier on your hands, and the controller but I've heard it doesn't feel right when playing.

I'm currently using my 7th or 8th controller. lost count.

purchased my Xbox360 when CoD4 came out. it's gotten routine enough now, that i just ask for a new controller each Christmas.

problems I've encurred:

***left joystick quits working correctly (overuse). i can completely let go of it, and my player continues walking. when i go left or right it's real glitchy. i'd say this has happened to at least 5 of my controllers.

*** X button broke. button itself feels real lose. no longer causes any actions to happen onscreen.

*** right trigger (R2) keeps sticking in. so if you are shooting - you empty entire clip without any way to stop.

I have taken a couple apart and tried cleaning controllers, but it just doesn't seem to fix issues. i think maybe just because i play so much, that these buttons that get used excessively just give out.

I've went through 2 or 3. Once, the wire was cut when it fell from behind my TV and I pulled it out. Another one was a dud from the store, and they wouldn't replace it. And one has analog sticks that are pushed in. I'm thinking about buying new sticks and installing them, or pulling mine out and putting them back in.

Prepare to be impressed then.

I bought my ps3 when it first came out, played bo/mw3/bo2 on it. Over the span of the about 3 or 4 years I played it (when I first started cod I sucked ass in mp and ragethrew my controller in the couch all the time). After about 5-6 months of playing mp I finally got good and was done bo1 ready to start mw3 with 1.50 k/d. I logged countless hours in zombies until mw3. When it came out my R1 would get stuck, my sprint would get stuck and my tactical would get stuck all the time. Plus by then I was playing on tactical so my dropshot button also started to fk up. Finished mw3 ready to start bo2 with a 2.30 k/d (game is easy man). Once again zombies till next game. BO2 for 4 months and blu ray drive burns out. Controller still alive (all buttons get stuck, the covers torn off the analog sticks and vet stuck in pretty much every direction) still had 1.50 k.d. And 21k zombie kills to 72 downs, b4 there was any dlc even.