Letters from the Field - Photos & Videos from Pre-Origins

GRILL

I'm just gonna guess that if we do see a letter from Dempsey it will directed towards his Girlfriend and Daughter. I think that would be nice. I mean he only has one quote about his daughter and it's always nice to get more background info on the O4

And it would be nice to see the softer side of Tank.

• Replies 922
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm just gonna guess that if we do see a letter from Dempsey it will directed towards his Girlfriend and Daughter. I think that would be nice. I mean he only has one quote about his daughter and it's always nice to get more background info on the O4

I'm guessing that Nikolais one will involve vodka. Seeing as the 1st was science, Takeo's was honour

Yeah definitely. I can't help but wonder what Nikolai's would be..Maybe drunken hatemail towards his wife at the time? That would be fun to read... It would be quite interesting if we saw a note from Samantha talking about Maxis being away so much. I can imagine the handwriting wouldn't be all that great but it would be cool at least.

I'm guessing that Nikolais one will involve vodka. Seeing as the 1st was science, Takeo's was honour

Watch, he'll actually talk about sobering up.

Watch, he'll actually talk about sobering up.

:lol: I'll believe that once the apocalypse causes a zombie outbreak.

Oh wait....

Yeah definitely. I can't help but wonder what Nikolai's would be..Maybe drunken hatemail towards his wife at the time? That would be fun to read... It would be quite interesting if we saw a note from Samantha talking about Maxis being away so much. I can imagine the handwriting wouldn't be all that great but it would be cool at least.

That would be amazing. Maybe they'll do letters for all the O4 and the N4. I'd like to see some background on the new guys.

Wow Treyarch, thank for this wonderful birthday present! :D

The first note definitely has some links to Richtofen, and the second is Takeo's. I wonder if the other two will have some?

Perhaps DLC 4 will be a true prequel. ;)

Oh my god, if this turns out to be a prequel... :mrgreen:

The first note definitely has some links to Richtofen, and the second is Takeo's. I wonder if the other two will have some?

Happy birthday to you

Happy birthday to you

Happy BIRTHDAY Mr. President

Happy birthday to you

Why does everyone assume it's takeo? I'm not necessarily sold on either of them being a known character yet. But I would really like for them to be. :mrgreen: if so, we should expect another in a few hours, and maybe another after that. If they stop at 4, and I hear one mention of vodka, I will literally drop a massive load in the lederhosen.

Honestly I want the O4, but I don't want a prequel map. Imagine everything we've come to adore about the O4, then turn back time so none of that has happened. None of the events and quotes that have shaped their personality exists, so they could be totally different people essentially.

Also I want some PROGRESSION! Flashing back to explain stuff only carries us so far until the next game. Those who look only to the past, or the present, are certain to miss the future!

Interesting.

Real life fun fact: The Emperor actually had the capability to build an atomic bomb just like the U.S. and Germany were working on, but he chose not to do it because he believed in the long run such technology would end humanity, not just the war.

(Germany tried to do it, but they never came close to beating the far-ahead U.S.)

EDIT: I agree, Electric. A prequel is just plain dumb. Treyarch won't have developed this complex story just to leave the end hanging. They're going to do like they did in Moon. They will have a huge development explain where things are going (blowing up the world) but at the same time dig a lot into the past (MPD).

Well, if the rockets displaced not only the plate tectonics, but also time itself, perhaps it is possible that our younger O4 will meet up while doing their respective "tasks". Heck, this map could be the reason Richtofen eventually chose them as test subjects some thirty years into the future.

Fate has a weird way of working, sometimes. ;)

Happy birthday to you

Happy birthday to you

Happy BIRTHDAY Mr. President

Happy birthday to you

Why does everyone assume it's takeo? I'm not necessarily sold on either of them being a known character yet. But I would really like for them to be. :mrgreen: if so, we should expect another in a few hours, and maybe another after that. If they stop at 4, and I hear one mention of vodka, I will literally drop a massive load in the lederhosen.

Honestly I want the O4, but I don't want a prequel map. Imagine everything we've come to adore about the O4, then turn back time so none of that has happened. None of the events and quotes that have shaped their personality exists, so they could be totally different people essentially.

Also I want some PROGRESSION! Flashing back to explain stuff only carries us so far until the next game. Those who look only to the past, or the present, are certain to miss the future!

I'll be very dissapointed if this is a prequel map. I do not want a prequel map at all whether it's the O4 or not. MotD was fine since we were playing as Mobsters in their own little personal hell.

I want a map with the O4 that advances our current story.

I'll be very dissapointed if this is a prequel map. I do not want a prequel map at all whether it's the O4 or not. MotD was fine since we were playing as Mobsters in their own little personal hell.

Even if it does turn out to be a prequel, there's always a chance it will advance the story.

Interesting.

Real life fun fact: The Emperor actually had the capability to build an atomic bomb just like the U.S. and Germany were working on, but he chose not to do it because he believed in the long run such technology would end humanity, not just the war.

(Germany tried to do it, but they never came close to beating the far-ahead U.S.)

EDIT: I agree, Electric. A prequel is just plain dumb. Treyarch won't have developed this complex story just to leave the end hanging. They're going to do like they did in Moon. They will have a huge development explain where things are going (blowing up the world) but at the same time dig a lot into the past (MPD).

if indicating a full on prequel, they have GOT to releasing at leasst one more zombie map right?? they cant initiate a 1-2 year zombies hiatus with a prequel!@ there has to be some sort of end/cliffhanger!

Interesting.

I usually believe the stuff you say mmx, but I have never heard of the emperor saying that. Where did you hear it?

I would also be pissed if it were a prequel map. Leaving us hanging with TWO possible cliffhanger endings would not be cool.

With Takeo's note, I'm starting to see a pattern with the letters, and although I thought the first letter may have been from Maxis, I can now see it being (pre-insanity) Richtofen. My biggest problem is, how old were these characters in 1917? We know that they all fought in WWII, almost 30 years later. Takeo, I can see being that old. The other three? Ehh, maybe. Would a young Richtofen be let in on something that top-secret though? Things just don't make sense to me yet.

We have confirmation that we may see Richtofen's body....

That seems to be contradictory. ;)

They've done studies you know. 60% of the time, it works every time. 8-)

If they did a prequel (like a real prequel, not just a map that is chronologically in the past) I wouldn't want them to blow an O4 appearance with it. It would be cool to see an older 935 facility and play as scientists, while further explaining their research and such, but showing the 04 as strapping young lads is a bit of a desecration of their image.

Also if the map did take place in 1917 and feature the O4, they would likely be in their teens (give or take a few years.) we don't know their actual ages but we can at least assume that -30 years would take its toll on them.

Imagine the children O4. Two words: Sober Nikolai. Not happening. Case closed. :mrgreen: (he might have had a moment of clarity in CotD, but we promptly fixed that.)

Edit:

Time Travel Will Tell, after all. ;)

It hurts to think of all of the possible locations at which our characters could arrive, or their motives for doing so, when you consider teleportation and time travel.

Guess what? I just thought of a new thing. The CoDz fan base catchphrase should be "start thinking with MTDs."

Even if it does turn out to be a prequel, there's always a chance it will advance the story.

Hmm good point. Maybe, just maybe, the EE will be like MotD were if we do a certain action then the story continues as we know it. But if we do something else it stops everything we know from ever happening and zombies doesn't even exist.

This would make it so that the endings we got in buried are actually the endings. The N4 die there. Maxis destroys the world and re-unites with Samantha and on the other side Richtofen get's full control and the world is his plaything. Changed my mind, now I'm hoping more than anything this is a prequel :D

This would make sense of the reasoning for all our EE's being reset once we hit that button.

Hmm good point. Maybe, just maybe, the EE will be like MotD were if we do a certain action then the story continues as we know it. But if we do something else it stops everything we know from ever happening and zombies doesn't even exist.

This would make it so that the endings we got in buried are actually the endings. The N4 die there. Maxis destroys the world and re-unites with Samantha and on the other side Richtofen get's full control and the world is his plaything. Changed my mind, now I'm hoping more than anything this is a prequel :D

I really hope THIS does NOT happen because I want more than just "Maxis wins, the world is doomed and you will never find out what happened to the O4" or "Richtofen wins, world is restored with zombies, and you will never find out what happened to the O4."

Just my opinion though.