You Can "Gain" Persistent Upgrades in MOTD, but...

Alright, here's the deal. I was playing Mob of the Dead a couple nights ago. The game was pretty bad, seeing as how my lobby was full of new players. I had to keep reviving them, over and over again. I didn't think much of it at the time.

However, today, I played Die Rise for the first time since Uprising came out. It was my first game since the aforementioned MotD game; I hadn't played any other map after it. While playing Die Rise, a teammate went down, so naturally, I went to revive him. Except, somehow, I gained the Quick Revive "upgrade." I thought this was strange, seeing as how I hadn't played Die Rise nor TranZit for quite some time, and I know I didn't revive much in my last games before Uprising. This was also my first time having the Quick Revive upgrade.

The only thing I could think of was that I had somehow gained it in my last match of Mob of the Dead. Has this happened to anyone else? It's a known fact that you can't use any persistent upgrades in MotD, but the "fact" that you can still gain them interests me.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

So basically, we can still gain Persistant Upgrades, but they're just disabled?

Makes sense. I wouldn't be surprised at all, because we can still see NavCards even though they have nothing to do with the map. Those are joined to our profile, and so are Persistant Upgrades. So they may have just disabled the green light animation and its effects.

Easy way to check is to not have Faster Revive, revive 17 times in MotD, quit and than check Tranzit or Die Rise.

So basically, we can still gain Persistant Upgrades, but they're just disabled?

Yes. Quick Revive, Deadshot and the likes, can all be obtained in MotD and carried over to Die Rise or Tranzit, but they are just not usable on MotD.

This has been the case with NTZ also. I got 24 revives on a game of NTZ, and the next time I played Tranzit, I had QR, even though I KNOW I did not have it previously.

Last time I played Die Rise, after a week of MotD, I lost TWO persistant perks on round 4. Not sure what they were, but got the sound twice during round 4 to let me know of my loss.

I assume one was Deadshot, but unsure of the other.

Alright, here's the deal. I was playing Mob of the Dead a couple nights ago. The game was pretty bad, seeing as how my lobby was full of new players. I had to keep reviving them, over and over again. I didn't think much of it at the time.

However, today, I played Die Rise for the first time since Uprising came out. It was my first game since the aforementioned MotD game; I hadn't played any other map after it. While playing Die Rise, a teammate went down, so naturally, I went to revive him. Except, somehow, I gained the Quick Revive "upgrade." I thought this was strange, seeing as how I hadn't played Die Rise nor TranZit for quite some time, and I know I didn't revive much in my last games before Uprising. This was also my first time having the Quick Revive upgrade.

The only thing I could think of was that I had somehow gained it in my last match of Mob of the Dead. Has this happened to anyone else? It's a known fact that you can't use any persistent upgrades in MotD, but the "fact" that you can still gain them interests me.

this does make sense. the game on the back end is probably programmed for x to happen after y, and although the effects are disabled for this specific map and there obviously is no "indicator" or character quote signaling it, once x has in fact happened, y is in effect once you play a game map/mode where it is not disabled.

you are definitely correct about that I got 15 revives in motd and after that it start reviing people more quickly in motd and then I played die rise and had the purple quick revive

I'll disagree with this. I think they can be 'gained' in MotD, but only used (or seen) in Tranzit or Die Rise. It just keeps track of your revives or other Perma perk stats while playing MotD for use in the earlier maps, IMHO.

I'll disagree with this. I think they can be 'gained' in MotD, but only used (or seen) in Tranzit or Die Rise. It just keeps track of your revives or other Perma perk stats while playing MotD for use in the earlier maps, IMHO.

Actually mate... He might be right on this one.

I was able to revive quicker in one of my last MotD co-op matches, and I just assumed they had added a hotfix to make reviving faster on this map.

I only remembered it happened after reading that comment. I am going into a game soon. If I get a chance to revive I will try to take note, but I definitely think the persistant QR does work on MotD!

Cool if so. What about steel (4 tug to remove if still wood then) barriers, head popper, etc? Let us know what you determine.

Today while playing I recall getting a double headshot with my M14. Later in that same game at the docks during an insta kill, my stabs are taking off heads! I then test it with shooting in the chest, both with and without insta kill. Both caused heads to pop off. However, I never heard a quote or saw green smoke.