Mob of the Dead: HUGE Solo Run—Ask Me Questions!

Hi everyone, first off I'd like to say that I am NOT trying to "show off" this solo run I'm in right now on Mob of the Dead—this is merely to answer some immediate questions you guys may have about the map as well as get a general idea of what you guys struggle with as I begin work on my solo guide (which will be epic beyond words—the video is already done, but the written part itself is still a work in progress).

I'll be adding a poll with some options so I can get a general feel for what people need help with.

So, yeah, that's about it. Ask away! I know this map like the back of my hand now, and I hope to help you guys with your aspirations with Mob of the Dead!

Be on the lookout for my Complete Solo Guide: Mob of the Dead dropping sometime in the next few weeks. 8-)

Okay, PEACE!

-perfect

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your a Beast Perfect!

You even trolled me with the video. I was waiting for it to change to Round 1.1.5. & you ..........

I would like you to list your early strategy in getting setup & at what round you obtain different Perks & Weapons etc. And at what round/time do you start your Acid Trap strategy

Can't wait to see your full guide. Thanks again.

Sorry about my comment about the H*ll's Redeemer. Guess I was wrong.

So how effective is it?

Why did you shoot the zombies' feet with it?

Did you have the Golden Spork?

With all the things to do in Mob of the Dead, when did you get what?

Do you always keep the MP5?

Ever run out of ammo for the Blundergat/variants?

Why not have 2 Blundergats?

How did you deal with Brutus?

Does Brutus's health cap?

1)So how effective is it?

2)Why did you shoot the zombies' feet with it?

3)Did you have the Golden Spork?

4)With all the things to do in Mob of the Dead, when did you get what?

5)Do you always keep the MP5?

6)Ever run out of ammo for the Blundergat/variants?

7)Why not have 2 Blundergats?

8)How did you deal with Brutus?

9)Does Brutus's health cap?

1) Extremely. It kills a max of six zombies at once, though you have to charge it up (you only have to do that once). Using this constantly with this strategy means you are always killing zombies, and that means insane speed.

2) It's just something I do. Just a habit.

3) Nope. It's a matter of personal preference, really. It helps for early rounds, but it loses its effectiveness by the mid-50's.

4) I go into this in depth in my guide. But I'll give you a brief overview:

Open up everything in the cell block by round one (you need 2k for this—you can do so by using the Double Points)
    Use the washing machine on round one to rack up insane amounts of points
    Feed the dogs
    Get perks
    Get x2 Blundergats
    Get Hell's Redeemer

This can all be achieved by round 15. Again, though, I'll talk all about prioritizing in the thread.

5) Yep. It's good for Insta Kill and I like how it has a really fast running speed.

6) I think the lowest I ever got was like 3/45. Since the Hell's Redeemer gives drops, though, you will get Max Ammo's quite often, and if you don't activate the Fire Sale (you need to get the Blundergat on the first box spawn if you want to do this, but I'm sure you know that), you're guaranteed a Max Ammo every round. If you do run out of ammo though, it's really simple to just clutch a round with the Hell's Redeemer exclusively. My boy IraqemUp shows this strategy in full:

It's by far the easiest high round strategy out there, though I, personally, would only use it if I were to run out of Blundergat ammo. It's a bit too boring and slow for my tastes. :lol:

7) Again, I like the MP5's running speed. Plus, it's better for Insta Kill (in my experience, at least).

8) I have a Claymore pit maxed out in a corner somewhere, so I always have two that explode instantly on me. Once you get to a round high enough where Claymores do nothing to zombies, Brutus is the only one affected by them.

9) Yes. I'm not sure exactly what it is, but he seems relatively weak. Two Claymores will always kill him.

1)So how effective is it?

2)Why did you shoot the zombies' feet with it?

3)Did you have the Golden Spork?

4)With all the things to do in Mob of the Dead, when did you get what?

5)Do you always keep the MP5?

6)Ever run out of ammo for the Blundergat/variants?

7)Why not have 2 Blundergats?

8)How did you deal with Brutus?

9)Does Brutus's health cap?

1) Extremely. It kills a max of six zombies at once, though you have to charge it up (you only have to do that once). Using this constantly with this strategy means you are always killing zombies, and that means insane speed.

2) It's just something I do. Just a habit.

3) Nope. It's a matter of personal preference, really. It helps for early rounds, but it loses its effectiveness by the mid-50's.

4) I go into this in depth in my guide. But I'll give you a brief overview:

Open up everything in the cell block by round one (you need 2k for this—you can do so by using the Double Points)
    Use the washing machine on round one to rack up insane amounts of points
    Feed the dogs
    Get perks
    Get x2 Blundergats
    Get Hell's Redeemer

This can all be achieved by round 15. Again, though, I'll talk all about prioritizing in the thread.

5) Yep. It's good for Insta Kill and I like how it has a really fast running speed.

6) I think the lowest I ever got was like 3/45. Since the Hell's Redeemer gives drops, though, you will get Max Ammo's quite often, and if you don't activate the Fire Sale (you need to get the Blundergat on the first box spawn if you want to do this, but I'm sure you know that), you're guaranteed a Max Ammo every round. If you do run out of ammo though, it's really simple to just clutch a round with the Hell's Redeemer exclusively. My boy IraqemUp shows this strategy in full:

It's by far the easiest high round strategy out there, though I, personally, would only use it if I were to run out of Blundergat ammo. It's a bit too boring and slow for my tastes. :lol:

7) Again, I like the MP5's running speed. Plus, it's better for Insta Kill (in my experience, at least).

8) I have a Claymore pit maxed out in a corner somewhere, so I always have two that explode instantly on me. Once you get to a round high enough where Claymores do nothing to zombies, Brutus is the only one affected by them.

9) Yes. I'm not sure exactly what it is, but he seems relatively weak. Two Claymores will always kill him.

Yup I was running almost exactly the same strategy as you yesterday and it was EASY. I ended the game at round 50 because I was really tired and it was now 8am. So I think 2 important points to this are, you need to kill some zombies without the trap or else you get no drops (but brutus coming usually means 2-3 drops at the same time).

You must keep your Vitriolic withering for when you get trapped, with EC and the shield, as we can see at the start of the video you can just jump over the zombies and shoot further away, attracting the zombies away from you. And electric cherry makes sure you don't get hit because you will reload right after you shoot.

Also, I mostly used the Sweeper on walking zombies while running a train in the cafeteria to get a full horde of runners and get the most effect out of the acid trap. At round 49 it took me 2-3 face to face shots to kill 1 or 1-2 headshots. But you went really far so I guess it was just not effective enough right?

1. So you can get 'Power-up Drops' on the bridge when you use the 'Redeemer'? Is that only from Brutus?

2. How long does the Acid Trap spray for?

3. How long does it take to recharge?

4. Where do you start your rounds?

5. What are your escape routes or alternate routes, both in the cafè & in the Cell block?

6. What are the other areas you train before the cafe?

7. What were your round times - 20, 50, 80, 100?

I might think of some more. Thanks Perfect

1. So you can get 'Power-up Drops' on the bridge when you use the 'Redeemer'? Is that only from Brutus?

5. What are your escape routes or alternate routes, both in the cafè & in the Cell block?

1. Only from the very first brutus.

2. I think when i timed it it was around 20-25 seconds

3. Another 20-30 secs

4. Thats for him i like starting mine by riot shield because it makes them spawn inside cafeteria

5. Another for him. When im in cafeteria i grab a new shield run up to infirmary and to the gondola. Get jug and go back to the gondola

The rest are for him. Srry if im stealing your shine perfect :D

And i voted other. I have problems focusing lololol i know the map like the back of my hand. I got one of the best starting and up to 20 strat. I just cant focus past the 40s. I end up going down every round lol. Il find it this weekend. I got all weekend again to do a run. Last weekend was dedicated to coop and a grief tourny....

Are you playing local? I had a game paused at 56 but due to the Xbox live update today, I was signed out and all my work was gone.

Yeah I got home from school and I was signed out. Round 127...

I really want the world record though, and I think I can do it. I am prepared to go full on no-life with it, but I'm going local next time.

And yeah, BSZombie summed it up nicely.

BSZombie has already answered a lot of the questions, but I'll answer 6 and 7.

6) I camp then I go straight to the cafe at 35-40 and do the strat.

7) I can't give exact numbers, but I'd go along the lines of 3 minutes, 8 minutes, 12 minutes, 17 minutes (I know the last one for a fact).

Im aiming for 100 this weekend. Pretty much going to do the lower rounds tonight. 1-40

But I was wondering, how long does it take total to get to round 100?

Camp in the alleyway with the door to Jug and the door to the generator closed until 35. It's fast and easy. Make sure you have Blundergats 2x.

And... eh. I'd say it took like 12 hours or so. For a map with no boss rounds, that's really fast. :lol:

Also, and I'll be covering this in my thread, but if you want to handle boredom, count how many times you pull the trap each round. It gives you something to do—it's kind of like counting sheep. It gets your mind off the boredom.

Im aiming for 100 this weekend. Pretty much going to do the lower rounds tonight. 1-40

But I was wondering, how long does it take total to get to round 100?

Camp in the alleyway with the door to Jug and the door to the generator closed until 35. It's fast and easy. Make sure you have Blundergats 2x.

And... eh. I'd say it took like 12 hours or so. For a map with no boss rounds, that's really fast. :lol:

Also, and I'll be covering this in my thread, but if you want to handle boredom, count how many times you pull the trap each round. It gives you something to do—it's kind of like counting sheep. It gets your mind off the boredom.

thats a good tip. I will not count how many barriers i have repaired, how many tomahawk chops and how many zombies i see using the cell block walkway as a swing. Lol

Im at school now and my game is paused at 50. But i still have the sweeper and vitriolic withering with 3.2k kills. I have 3k+ points and am now just starting to use the acid. Im going to keep the sweeper till i drop below 50k points. For two reasons. I want to test if it for some reason gets better plus i like the one hit kill on brutus. I know its as easy as two claymores but i rather save them for an insta kill