*Spoilers* Pop goes the Weasel Achievement Guide (2 Players)

Sup, guys? Mob of the Dead has been out for a day and I'm absolutely loving it. Now, the enjoyment of the first days playing a new map is to get to discover the side missions and easter egg related stuff, we all know that right? A lot of us had in mind that the 75G achievements was going to be fairly easy to get this time around, because it's the first side quest to Mob of the Dead and that is building the plane. But it's not the only one... There are few more hidden steps that hint out there is a way to end the game, "breaking the cycle".

Can't watch the full video? Sure, I'll break down the steps for you guys. But before you wanna start, make sure you have a friend that has the patience to do all this with you. And you wanna make sure either you or your friend is the character Weasel. That's it. Now follow these steps carefully:

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Step 1.

Obtain the Hell's Retriever. To get this awesome fiery tomahawk that we need in order to obtain the crystal skulls, you will need to feed the Beast (Fluffy, whatever you wanna call it) in 3 different locations. In the Infirmary, at the docks and around the Cell Blocks. After you've done that, the room for the Tomahawk will open. It's near the tunnels heading towards Double Tap and the Showers. You can't miss it.

Step 2.

Complete the side-quest once. You need the build the plane and work together with your teammate(s). It's an annoying task, but there's 5 parts for the plane and you can only carry one each at the time. If you wanna know how to get to all of the parts, and you really don't feel like discovering this by yourself, then click on the Youtube link down below. After building the plane on the rooftop, get on it, and you will arrive at the Golden Gate bridge. From there, you will have to repeat the cycle if you want to go back to Alcatraz by getting on the electrical chairs. This is the first cycle you're gonna have complete during your game.

Step 3.

Obtain 5 Crystal Skulls. There are skulls hidden around the map that you can only see in Purgatory vision. This is what we have our fiery tomahawk for. I'll write down all five locations, but if you want more details, you should just watch the video...

-1st Skull is right around the respawn. When you come back from your trip to the GG Bridge, head to where the Olympia is then turn left and it will be on one of the prison cell's toilets. You should be able to check it out before reviving yourself in Purgatory mode. Now, you wanna throw you Hell's Retriever on it so the skull attaches to it and brings it back to you. Easy.

-2nd Skull is the Warden's Office, close to Speed Cola. Go up to the window next to Speed Cola and look at the second from the right Post. It's also the only one sparking, so that should give you a clue. The skull is right on top of that post, just hold down your Tactical button and charge up the Hell's Retriever to get it.

-3rd Skull is on the roof. All the way to the back, right behind the shed is another part of the roof visible. The skull is right on the corner of it.

-4th Skull is by the docks. If you know the boat where the unreachable Mule Kick and PHD is on, it's sitting on one of the posts. If you can't make out which one just go to Purgatory mode and look for it.

-5th Skull is close to Juggernog. There is a lamp post and it's sitting on top of it, but so far, I've only got to reach it by using the Gondola. Again, for more details, just watch the video.

Step 4.

Obtain the free Blundergat from the Warden's Office. After you've collected these skulls and head to where Speed Cola is, you will see a weapon spawn on the desk. Take it, it's all yours. The Warden will hint out some of the numbers we need for later.

Step 5.

Near the Warden's Office, there will be a cell with a poster on it. (Close to the stairs. The poster looks like... Buzz Lightyear) You will need to throw your tomahawk at it and it will reveal a secret path. Go to the nearest electric switch close to the Fan Trap and enter afterlife mode. Now, you will see a hole in the wall right next to where your body is. Go in it and stop halfway. There is a spoon on the floor right next to the Purgatory symbol. Zap it, and it will teleport to the Cafeteria. In there, it will be in a window/barricade all the way at the back right next to a workbench. Throw your tomahawk at it and The Warden will hint out more numbers. (This isn't included in the video, because we weren't sure if this was really part of the Easter Egg, but we will update it later)

Step 6.

Repeat the cycle 3 times. This means you have to go back and forth from the Golden Gate bridge a total of 3 times. This is necessarily for the next step, otherwise it won't work. After your first trip with the plane, fuel tanks will be replaced on the locations you picked up the plane parts. Only after the round has ended, though, so make sure you do this as early as possible because after this, you will still need to refuel the plane another time.

Step 7.

Completing the number sequence at the bottom of the stairwell. You remember how you got the rope part for the plane? If the machine that shows 3 digits is making random noises and changes it's numbers, it means you're ready for the "truth". You will need to enter all 4 prisoner's inmates numbers. To set them free, so you can say. To do this; go into afterlife mode and run all the way to the bottom and enter these digits:

(There's no real order to what number goes first, so far as I know. But that's the order that has always worked so far) After doing that, your screen will go black & white and you will hear some dialogue about the character's past. Make your way up to the Infirmary, and pick up the Headphone power drops one by one along your way up.

Final Step

Breaking the cycle. Make sure you have refilled the plane with fuel. Then both go into Purgatory at the same time, head to the plane and hold "X" behind it. (Make sure your friend is close to you as you do just that so the game doesn't glitch out) You will take the plane in ghost-form to the Golden Gate bridge and revive yourself off from the electric chairs. Now for the final showdown... you will go against your friend that plays as Weasel (along with two bosses that spawn next to you) and try to kill him. It doesn't who wins in it the end, the achievement will be unlocked and your Life will be Over. This is the true ending of the map.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

That's about it. I had fun doing this achievement, but I guess I'm just not used to an easter egg that ends the game entirely. It fits, but it's just not that convenient if you ask me. Give me your thoughts about the EE and I hope this guide helps you and your friends out. Later, doods.

Here's the video to all the plane parts if you haven't figured this out already:

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome guide, and thanks for listing the steps and not just view whoring by only posting the vid.

I had a hell of a time getting the skull down by Jugg and the gondola. In fact, I was sure I had thrown it at the right spot from the gondola multiple times, but it never registered. I did, however, successfully get it from the ground. I might make a vid showing the exact spot to get it from the ground since I couldn't find one anywhere.... in fact, I couldn't find any vids actually showing someone getting it. Even in your video the game seems to have glitched and doesn't show the skull. But at least you actually show when you get it... every other one I found just says "Yeah it's right there". [Edit- I was wrong, the NGT vid also shows how to get it from the gondola, but he only says you can get it from the ground, not showing exactly where].

Edit- Here's how to get it from the ground. You can't see the skull because it's Theater mode, but you can hear the laughing since it was the last one we needed.

0eP7I2gZ5Cs

Hold on, can someone clear this up for me? I've seen quite a few people say that killing Weasel makes the end screen say "The cycle continues..." and he killing everyone else makes it say "The cycle is broken." and that we actually have a choice to make with this EE. Can anyone confirm?

@Megaton A - No problem. I hate it myself when there's a post with only a video on it. And thanks for showing me you can get the skull from the ground, I couldn't do it myself so.. I guess that skull location is just a bit messed up, really.

@bagel_ - Yeah, that's how it goes. It's a bit unfair for the ones going against Weasel too because for some reason the zombies don't attack him and bosses appear right in front of the remaining crew. I got hammered instantly when I tried to kill my friend. Anyway, it doesn't matter who's the last one standing. Both ways end the game and I haven't seen anything game-changing after I got the achievement yet.

Hey just a heads up for the skull next to jug.

Stay in the area right next to jug (with the 2000$ gate)

Then look at lamppost where it is located and stay as close as you can from the wall with the window. Now prepare your tomahawk, jump and as your jumping throw it. i think it's the best way to get it without wasting money and time

Edit: nevermind seems like someone already pointed that out !

Also: step 5: the poster is not near the cafeteria, it's right next to the warden's office

Can you complete the EE in custom game? Also, can you only complete it with 2-4 players?

Yes you are able to complete it in a custom game on original only. It must have atleast 2 players to complete and one of the characters must be the weasel.

yo maxi, do you think you can help me out with this tonight if i can't get any other players? just msg me on XBL :D

Sure, man. I'm always up for an EE. (although... on this one, it ends the game) You're just gonna have to message me whenever.

Also: step 5: the poster is not near the cafeteria, it's right next to the warden's office

Thanks. I edited it.