Trayarch! Release the mod tools for black ops 2!

Trayarch, we're begging you...

After black ops one all I could think about were the possibilitys of the custom maps.... Low gravity areas, roaming boss zombies, flinging tools and no-air hazards!

But then you didn't release the map tools... Why? Think of the pure ART a good custom map creator could do with those tools!

It may be a bit late for black ops 1 zombies mod tools, but as for blackops 2... The sky's the limit... Obviously I'm not asking you to disclose these tools anytime soon... We haven't even gotten to the second map pack! But still: That would be awsome if you did...

It's not going to stop people from using those tools though... Just look at spiderbite's recent vids. They have amazing buildable-ish tools, propper solo quick revive, and with some work could create a map grander then tranzit ever could be! I'm not asking you to give us the tools... Im asking you to make getting the tools easier...

Anyone else think this would be a great motion from trayarch?

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After black ops one all I could think about were the possibilitys of the custom maps.... Low gravity areas, roaming boss zombies, flinging tools and no-air hazards!

But then you didn't release the map tools... Why? Think of the pure ART a good custom map creator could do with those tools!

It may be a bit late for black ops 1 zombies mod tools, but as for blackops 2... The sky's the limit... Obviously I'm not asking you to disclose these tools anytime soon... We haven't even gotten to the second map pack! But still: That would be awsome if you did...

It's not going to stop people from using those tools though... Just look at spiderbite's recent vids. They have amazing buildable-ish tools, propper solo quick revive, and with some work could create a map grander then tranzit ever could be! I'm not asking you to give us the tools... Im asking you to make getting the tools easier...

i hope that they give the bo1 mod tools eventually :D :lol:

Clan":1vq5kd88]

i hope that they give the bo1 mod tools eventually :D:lol:

I'd switch to PC :D

I think mod tools would be great. I know PC players love making custom everything in any game, but it just doesn't make too much sense to continuously keep doing it from game to game. Enjoy what you already have.

Can't tell if you're for the mod tools or against... :|

I'm personally all for this. I'm a ps3 player at heart, but I will gladly break out my pc copy of blacks ops or bo2 to play some custom maps with those tools. Or even to create my own maps... awesome...

Clan":1mwyq6zc]
I think mod tools would be great. I know PC players love making custom everything in any game, but it just doesn't make too much sense to continuously keep doing it from game to game. Enjoy what you already have.

Exactly, skip black ops and add them for black ops 2...

naaah bo1 beats bo2

Agreed. By a long shot.

Clan":1x4tphjy]
I believe he meant that they skipped making mod tools for BO1 but they should add them for BO2.

maybe,but bo1 is the better game IMO

BO1 also has all of its DLC considered.

are u agreeing with me?cuz custom maps with george like things astronauts low gravity,pentagon tech similar characters,thundergun etc would be amazing. :D

I say YES to custom maps but not other mod tools/hacks

So basically you have no idea what mod tools are if you count them as some thing harmful and at the same category as hacks. :roll:

No, I do know what they are and they can be harmful even though they are not considered hacks. Mod tools may promote cheating in the long run. That's why I believe they haven't added them yet. Why do I always have to make myself clear with you?

I'm changing my answer to no for custom maps now because the more I think about it, I know it promotes cheaters to use other hacks out there. Not to mention the ranking system with custom games would be too easy for noobs unless they make them not count.

I say YES to custom maps but not other mod tools/hacks

So basically you have no idea what mod tools are if you count them as some thing harmful and at the same category as hacks. :roll:

No, I do know what they are and they can be harmful even though they are not considered hacks. Mod tools may promote cheating in the long run. That's why I believe they haven't added them yet. Why do I always have to make myself clear with you?

I'm changing my answer to no for custom maps now because the more I think about it, I know it promotes cheaters to use other hacks out there. Not to mention the ranking system with custom games would be too easy for noobs unless they make them not count.

Mod tool do not promote cheating! MW2 and MW3 have to say the least 100x more hackers than Black Ops. Black Ops had mod tools MW2 and MW3 didn't.

Giving mod tools doesn't make it easier to hack. They are tools used for people to create more content to the games. I have no idea where you have got the idea of mod tools promoting cheating.

Hackers don't need or use modding tools to create hacks.

Mod tools have nothing to do with hacking... Mod tools would only give players more tools to work with when it comes to creating maps... Like for example:

Say the mod tool for the tramplesteam buildable, equipment, and buildable table, we're released and some one desided to use them...

They take make a map, like say der reise, and add it in, now players can grab the peices and add them to the table, and will eventually get tramplesteams!

This won't count as der reise, it would count as MODDED der reise... Which isn't a legit map, so it's not recorded... And therefore doesn't effect the level or score of anyone....

• 1 month later...

Agreed!!! Treyarch you Have to release the mod tools and map editor for Black Ops II, you screwed us over on BO1, you said that you would give them to us but only gave us mods and skipped on the map editor. we had so many ideas and plans. imagine a map where you could ride the rocket from Ascension to Moon. its hard to make good maps when there are only two types of zombies. I have a brilliant idea for a truly professional map but I need the the zombie and player profiles from Nuketown zombies, I need a revamped version of the napalm zombie from Shangri-La, I need the radioactive waste from Nuketown, it would also help to have the zombie profiles from COTD and the weapons from BO1. this map is stuck in my head and I need to see it come alive. give us the ability to see our ideas come alive and to share them with other Zombie enthusiasts. And who knows this may help you find a few people worth recruiting for you design teams. just saying win win.

Oh beleive everyone! Everyone and their sister could create maps 9001 times more epic then anything seen yet if we got the tools for a DAY! (Loving your ideas about the rocket, purhaps the rocket is a giant lunar lander just skinned to be a rockets!)

Also, trayarch, we don't need ALL the files, like the characters in MOTD (I'm sure there's some type of copyright) , just simple ones like the buildables, the boss zombies, maybe low gravity, new perks, I personally could care less about the weapons, double upgrading, purhaps perk spawns (Nuketown), the wall dog heads ( imagine a re-skin of that to be a big pedo bear and the zombies are all kids :P ), purhaps vehicles (although we could just use the zip line tools for that), envirmonetaly buildables, and two types of workbenches (MOTD and tranzit type.Personally I prefer the MOTD type). Maybe even a way to create your own mode, that would be cool... Unlikely but cool...

And mode wise, we would APPRECIATE turned and greif tools but they are BY NO MEANS NEEDED...

There wont be mod tools for any other CoD until Activision stops being Activi$ion.

"If we release mod tools maybe people won't buy our overpriced DLCs."

That is exactly what they think.

This.

I'm almost positive that I read a couple years back that Activision has decided to take a stance against releasing mod tools since the World at War days. It's a shame, but like many other publishers, I believe they decided that they didn't want to promote people creating content that they can't make money off of. I'm sure Treyarch would be more than happy to release the mod tools if they could (those of us old-school Zombies players can remember the mod tools for World at War came out very quickly after the game was released. Before the first DLC if I'm not mistaken... they obviously support modders) but if Activision doesn't want them to do it then it isn't going to happen.

It would be awesome if things changed and the mod tools were released, but I don't think it will ever happen. We should just be thankful that the community has been SO amazing at creating content for World at War Zombies, and incorporating so many elements that came in Black Ops I and II.