Are the free perks really rewarded for 100% accuracy?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Their is no doubt that it is 100% accuracy.

It's clear it is.

You miss a bullet you do not get it.

Melee doesn't count on accuracy, keep waving it around and you still get it.

Tramplesteams when set up right, will kill all of them, 100% accuracy.

Video proof will prove this wrong, we already have video proof that this is fact.

I don't believe this whole 100% accuracy thing. I think it is made up. I've tried getting it while using the Ray Gun to no avail. Missing with melees doesn't affect it. Missing grenades doesn't affect it.

Mustang & Sally will do the trick nicely. It has a larger blast radius, and will guarantee splash damage that has the power to wipeout other Jumping Jacks nearby. I'd suggest taking each one out instead of doing collective groups to ensure the 100% shot accuracy.

Being in an outside environment really helps, since Jumping Jacks can only attach to objects on their sides rather than the additional ceiling (making it harder to shoot). Otherwise, Trample Steams galore with Galvaknuckles/Bowie Knife.

Not so.

That does not make sense. If I shoot an explosive at a group, I am more likely to hit than miss.

This perfect accuracy nonsense is just rumor. It's a shame so many people believe it. It is VERY common to play and get the Perk when people did NOT have perfect accuracy or not get it when they did. It just doesn't happen as often as it works, so people try to block the anomalies out of their minds, pretending that their little theories work. As far as I am concerned, "perfect accuracy" is just a flat GUESS.

I will continue to operate without shooting at all, as that ALWAYS works.

i think it does have to do with 100% accuracy, there just might be unknown stipulations as to why we might not get it sometimes... but it more than likely has to do with accuracy...

i tried M&S way and missed one shot, then the last 2 JJ's i killed with one bullet but still didn't recieve a perk...

so i.d.k.. :?

matt and i plan on doing the tests tonight. unfortunately we have never uploaded a youtube video :/

we will test nonetheless

we will.....

start crawler round, setup tramples, shoot 1 shot from m1911 and miss on purpose, and then let the tramples kill the rest of the round, see what the result is.

start crawler round, setup tramples, shoot 1 shot from m1911 and get a 100% positive hit and then let the tramples kill the rest of the round, see what the result is.

measurement, points, the shot that misses i will get 0 points. the shot that lands i will get 10 points.

we will do the same as above with M&S as well.

does that sounds right?

That sounds good. However, I think you should do each set multiple times. If there is another variable involved that we don't know about, it could skew the results. Repetition minimizes that possibility. I'd say do three of each test to begin with.

To be honest, while a recording of your test would be preferred, if you cannot, I trust you Caddyman. Although, which console are you on? If you're on Xbox, I could watch your player channel to verify. (If it checks out, I can support your results.)

im almost positive a missed semtex, frag, even claymore (you can miss a claymore kill) DO NOT affect getting the perk, ill chuck some though.

ill do this on the 100% accuracy round to verify.

and yes, if you land a M&S shot it kills the crawler so you get whatever kill points are. with the m1911 though i think you just get the 10 points on a landed non-kill shot.

Just a bit more info on this, as i tried out a few variables last night with a friend.

Me: Used 1 bullet, 100% accuracy, knifed the rest.

Him: Did not fire, knifed all.

Result: No perk.

Him: Had 0/0 ammo, handgun and knife only, knifed all the leapers.

Result: Perk dropped.

Him: Used 1 bullet, 100% accuracy, knifed the rest.

Just a bit more info on this, as i tried out a few variables last night with a friend.

Him: Did not fire, knifed all.

Result: No perk.

Him: Had 0/0 ammo, handgun and knife only, knifed all the leapers.

Him: Used 1 bullet, 100% accuracy, knifed the rest.

i dont want to seem like im doubting but....

the first 2 scenarios where the same except your friend had no ammo. but the first you didnt get a perk and the second you did? are you sure you hit your shot on the first try?

I personally think it's just a bit screwy.

I've gotten the drop on every single occasion that I've used knife only, or a combination of knifing, claymores and nades.

I've also gotten it many times using just my sallies, including a lot of occasions where I definitely didn't get every hit marker.

Gaycandybacon, the reason you didn't get a perk, is probs because you kept shooting some bullets after the goblin was killed.

A common error.

I knew that's the case. :)

I still believe you can shoot these guys and still get the perk. I just think you have to single shot them and hit them dead on. I don't think ray gun or holding down the trigger on a MG will complete this feat. Ray gun because it goes all over the place. And the MG's because you're still shooting a couple bullets after you kill those things.

I firmly believe the key to getting/not getting this free perk by shooting your gun is based on where your bullets go.

i dont want to seem like im doubting but....

the first 2 scenarios where the same except your friend had no ammo. but the first you didnt get a perk and the second you did? are you sure you hit your shot on the first try?

Yup, we checked the replay. Going to try it out a bit more tonight, too. My best guess is that it lets you still count at 100% if one of the players has 0 ammo and the other gets 100% accuracy? Seems like an awful lot of fail-safing if you ask me. Needs more investigation.

I personally think it's just a bit screwy.

I've gotten the drop on every single occasion that I've used knife only, or a combination of knifing, claymores and nades.

I've also gotten it many times using just my sallies, including a lot of occasions where I definitely didn't get every hit marker.

This also furthers my previous point. So m&s are not in this case considered a gun, but rather an explosive. If you definitely missed at least once this furthermore disproves the theory.

If explosives count towards 100%, then you should be able to get a perk by having a leaper die to a single claymore and knifing the rest? First thing i'm trying when i get home.

I think when my friend and i looked into it, we had some clay's down.. that might have polluted the experiment.

100% accuracy doesn't = 100% kills/shot, any damage to a jumper counts as accurate.

I usually, in solo, have the knuckles before the first jumper round, if I don't I just run around and knife them, they only come in pairs and only 2 or 3 hits kills them. I buy as many perks as I can before the first jumper round then save the last jumper and take it to the perk elevator that I want next, then kill it and with the 2k bonus buy what is often my 4th perk before collecting the bonus perk.

Later in the game I just stockpile claymores where it is easy to pick them up, then plant them and lure the jumpers to trip them. I don't get the 2k bonus but later in the game points aren't an issue. (I double checked, I was wrong, you do get the bonus 2k when you use claymores)

I haven't tried Semtex or regular nades so I don't know what they do to the jumpers bonus.

Tramplesteam works well but I've had them self destruct in a jumper round so you need a backup plan and being trapped in a corner could be bad news. I've had jumpers in a wall hitting me but I couldn't hit them so I prefer to stay out in the open area.