Harrassment when playing as Misty

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wasn't really whining. I was just ranting and wanted to make a post. This was as creative as I could get at that time and was the most prominent thing on my mind. I guess that says a lot for how often this happens to me...

I'm an adult and like to think I'm mature. Most think I'm far older than I really am, so I'm definitely mature enough to realize that I have tools available if this type of harrassment really gets on my nerves (mute, report, in-game troll, etc..)

I was just trying to ignite some discussion about this, as I'm sure it happens to many of us. I prefer playing as Russman, myself...There's just something that I find totally awesome about slaughtering zombies as an old hobo with an ego.

I'm sorry, but if I'm understanding this right, we're getting bent over the fact that people like to check out Misty? Really?

I'm not directing this just at the OP, but in general, if you can't handle a few gamers being gamers, then I'm right their with Way. It's a game, get over it.

I'm sorry, but if I'm understanding this right, we're getting bent over the fact that people like to check out Misty? Really?

I'm not directing this just at the OP, but in general, if you can't handle a few gamers being gamers, then I'm right their with Way. It's a game, get over it.

You would think a mod would have a more professional opinion. How about I make a flaming comment? It's a website, get over it.

It doesn't matter what it is about. You shouldn't just try to upset people. People can salivate over Misty without being buffoons; they like the attention.

If you can't handle some people discussing the ethics of behaving maturely, perhaps we are not the ones that need to get over something.

You really need to cool your jets, MMX. I merely stated my honest opinion, and it wasn't as blatant as telling people to "stop whining" as several replies were. But, I agree with them. Why should anything about the game change because gamers are going to be gamers and have fun and dick around some? I'm not saying people can't express personal feelings and options about something, but if it's some that merely bothers you, then avoid it. Problem solved. People may have more insight on the topic, but the bottom line is, they are going to tell you the same thing; If you don't like the current situation, avoid it. Just because I'm apart of the staff, doesn't mean I need to "sugar coat" my opinion and certainly don't have to explain myself either. I don't mean any offense and I hope no one feels none. But YOU need to really stop taking things so serious and personal. You've had a history of doing so here already.

when i need to revive misty and she is inching up that pillar in the buddha room, i still have a chuckle....lol

OK, granted. Have your chuckles. Enjoy the sexual innuendos that this creates.

There's a difference between your private enjoyment and whatever mature thoughts pop up in your head and some adolescent teenager VOICING out loud on the mic mysoginistic things like, "Ooooh, boobs." or, "Yes! She's got freckles on her boobies!" and then proceed to knife and/or jump like crazy or otherwise crowd my play space.

I'm sorry, but I don't find such behavior funny. I find it annoying and crude and prefer not to be on the receiving end, even if it's only in a virtual world, the intent is still very real and the intent makes my skin crawl.

no offense, but you guys seem a bit uptight, or too mature or something haha

being a 30-y.o.-married-with-children-working-stiff video gamer, i would probably (and have) laughed if some kid was oogling my virtual bewbies.

i guess everybody is different, that is what makes us speshul.

Hell to top it off when I am Misty I will give virtual Bl** J*bs to those that request it lol. Its a game man have fun with it. And if your are offended by such things then please do not play with me as I may be offended that you are not participating. My party says way worse things than that and we are all grown ass men!

Funny topic.....with my usual 3 others, we say a lot of real funky stuff, that would offend a lot of others. We are all plus 30, know each other and say it in jest.

Even our way of naming rooms and women and mens rooms could be construed as offensive.....we all have partners and women in our life that we respect, it's just a typical stereotype to use that there is a women's way, and a man's way to do something. Kinda macho, but we aren't hurting anyone.

When it comes to randoms, it can irritate me but then I rarely play with randoms.

I think it's different depending on whether the person is just a horny 16 year old or what not, or a perverse 18 year old. Ignore the ages, it's more about how they are saying stuff, and what. There's a distinct difference between a horny joke, and a disrespect for women.

I think most of the older guys would understand what I mean by that.

You really need to cool your jets, MMX. I merely stated my honest opinion, and it wasn't as blatant as telling people to "stop whining" as several replies were. But, I agree with them. Why should anything about the game change because gamers are going to be gamers and have fun and dick around some? I'm not saying people can't express personal feelings and options about something, but if it's some that merely bothers you, then avoid it. Problem solved. People may have more insight on the topic, but the bottom line is, they are going to tell you the same thing; If you don't like the current situation, avoid it. Just because I'm apart of the staff, doesn't mean I need to "sugar coat" my opinion and certainly don't have to explain myself either. I don't mean any offense and I hope no one feels none. But YOU need to really stop taking things so serious and personal.

Your "honest" opinion is an antagonistic opinion. "Really?" Don't act as if you weren't trying to belittle or insult others for caring about harassment.

This thread is not about "solving" anything. Stupidity is a disease that will always infect humanity. Just like evil or just plain being mean is. This thread is simply just a place to complain about the people we can do nothing about. It certainly doesn't mean we have to be quiet. But I for one do not appreciate someone coming in here and belittling our opinions.

YOU need to learn to speak with more respect. Because people WERE offended. I take things seriously, but not personal. I really couldn't care less what you think of me.

You've had a history of doing so here already.

+1

When it comes to randoms, it can irritate me but then I rarely play with randoms.

You hit the nail on the head.

I have a fairly sick sense of humor and I have no qualms when I am sharing this sense of humor with people who know me, but just as it's unacceptable to go into public and ogle or make comments at women you don't know, so should it be playing in a game with people you don't know. To me, there's no difference.

I don't feel there is any excuse that can suffice for behaving badly in public. Public matches should be thought of the same as a public market, but they aren't and that's the problem. People want to behave badly, it's human nature, but part of growing up is figuring out when it's appropriate to act out and release your pent up lust/rage/etc..

The older men who have commented about this, ChopperNator and CaddyMan, have both admitted they do this while in the presence of friends, not strangers. That's an appropriate venue. A lot of kids I come across on BO don't think there are consequences to behaving badly in these game rooms, maybe some don't see the consequences for bad behavior in the real world. They more or less think they're safe hiding behind a game screen, so they can say or do whatever they want. To me, that's inexcusable and I voice my opinion about it.

Would you walk up to a strange woman in the middle of the mall and stare at her cleavage making obscene comments and jumping up and down in excitment? If you did, you'd probably be slapped by her, beat up by her boyfriend or some other passerby and/or arrested. So why do it in a game? No, better yet...Why BO? There are games out there that allow you to have virtual sex with other people online. Go play those games if you want to make sexual comments and let me slaughter zombies without having to imagine some teenager with a stiffy.

Yeah well... Undead? I'm trying to be logical and objective so sorry if I come off as anything but.

Like I said there have always been threads for complaining about randoms, and how people are rude on mics, and how people camp and noob tube and blah blah blah. The threads aren't working towards a massive community-wide revolution, eliminating that particular issue from the face of the earth. They don't really achieve anything to be honest. It's just for us coming together as a community, united against a common enemy: N3WBZ. (again I'm being objective and dead serious) if you think that is a bad thing, I'd have no hard feelings if you locked such a thread up (this one for example.) however wouldn't it be hypocritical to lock this and none of the others, like this one, which I happened to stumble across while typing this:

viewtopic.php?f=117&t=29433

Shouts to that thread's author, but anyway my point is that discussing the fact that people can be immature jerks on CoD doesn't necessarily need to directly accomplish anything in order to be productive. It creates awareness, for instance.

I kinda got sidetracked, and went on one of my signature pointless rants. *pats self on back* "you dun good EJ."

That's all I have to say about that.

I honestly never meant anything of it. I suppose I jumped the gun with my intital response, but I've always been more of the "problem solver" guy. And by the way the OP was worded, my first response for that was "Well, then don't play with randoms. Problem solved." I'm not one to say what's wrong to right to talk about, but it makes more sense to me to discuss something that is productive, not something to just bitch about because we can.

He addressed a problem, I gave a solution.

There's no ill feelings, that I have, towards any member of this forum. I understand your position, Undead, and I agree to a point.

However, I believe this forum is not just a solution or tip sharing community, but a fairly elite club of CoD Zombie enthusiasts. Possibly we could even be considered connoiseurrs(sp?). As to that extent, I believe this forum is a great place to discuss EVERY aspect of the game, even those that annoy us. Perhaps we won't stop the annoyance by sharing it in our community, but what we will surely do is strengthen the bond of our community.

I honestly don't think this annoyance as I've stated in my OP can be remedied. It's a deeper problem that roots to immaturity, but it feels good to share it openly with other like-minded members. I surely can't share these feelings with those creating the problem, such talk would fall on deaf ears and more than likely just fan the flames of their annoying behavior. I'd be "feeding the trolls", and we all know that's a losing battle.

Victory can only come, therefore, by finding solace in my fellow community members because they share the same annoyances. The solution then becomes one unintended...As we discuss this annoyance, we discover the deeper problem and can then engage in productive discussion about these grand issues. Though we may not solve these grand problems that plague our entire globe, we can find ways to overcome these issues within ourselves and become better and more mature players as well as individuals.

Though it's a stretch. I guess I'm saying this is my support group. Thanks for all the replies, shares, and help to try and solve this problem. You guys are awesome.

• Administrators

Wow, so much negativity flowing through these posts - ill-mannered, or just posted at the wrong time in the wrong place.

If you dislike the "harassment" stated by the OP and feel that it's immature and degrading, state your viewpoint.

If you don't care for subtle messages conveyed by horndogs that usually do this sort of thing in any online video game, state your viewpoint.

The great thing about opinions is that there is no right answer. This isn't a debate; there is no need to try and persuade someone else to waive their perspective once you have said yours. I apologize if I sound demanding or irritated, but this kind of arguing is what damages the community. Whatever happened to "say something nice or don't say anything at all"?

C'mon friendos, this really isn't the thread to get worked up on.