No crawler no circles "challenge".

The "challenge" is simple enough to understand. Play a game of Zombies any map doesn't matter which, and don't hold any crawlers and don't run circles. Players are so damn afraid, I played a game once with some randoms who seemed deathly afraid of the Zombies. They absolutely refused to go anything unless we were holding a crawler. I've also heard a ton of complaints on how TranZit is boring because it takes forever to do anything, well don't hold crawlers and see how different your view becomes.

Also there are so many people who are so proud that they've made it to round 100+ on this or that map. Well that's cool I guess but let me ask you something. How long did it take and how boring was it? Answers: Forever and extremely. The reason is none other than running circles. You are LITERALLY walking in circles for sometimes weeks in these ridiculous games. I've watched videos of people doing it saying they were bored and didn't want to. Well that sounds like the most fun. Here's what you got to do, Find a good spot to hold out and kill as many as you can. Sure you will only make it to round 30 something but it's a lot faster paced and a lot more fun. After a simple 2 hour game I feel mentally drained. It's a ton of fun. And before any of you whiney babbies say "So no circles means that if there are zombies surrounding me I should just stand there and take it?" I know you're thinking it, you know the difference between weaving between zombies and running circles. Don't give me any of that crap.

Give it a try, you might actually find some enjoyment out of playing zombies rather than work. The reason I call it a "challenge" is because this is how zombies is supposed to be played. No doubt about it. The only reason making crawlers is still possible is because of the easter eggs. And the only reasons circles are still possible is because if they were to alter the ai to make circles impossible then camping would also be impossible.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Most people on my friends list have admitted to using some sort of glitch to get their high records. I set all my records by running circles at one point of the game or another, but I have tried this challenge for this game atleast.

Results:

TranZit/Green Run = Rd 15 (2 died to falling in Lava, the other two fell to zombies shortly after running into a small area and being trapped by the bus there.

Die Rise = Rd 24 We started off building the trample steam quick and for every spot we advanced through we had our trample steams helping cover our backs or to jump back and forth from one spot to another. It got very tricky by the "Sliquifier" when we found ourselves trapped together there, but we had one trample left to cover the stairs while we guarded the elevators and remaining doorway. One of us had fallen to our deaths while running away from a collective horde of zombies, another perished on the jump onto the pink mattresses (came up short and fell down all the way til death) then the last two died naturally from running from zombies into tight corners.

It's fun playing it like this, but honestly I enjoy playing through while taking some time here and there to run circles and get points to stock back up.

I have always wondered why some people just run trains in one particular spot? Are they really having fun? I really hate it when someone tells me how to play the game and what doors I can or can not open, because it will mess up their train. Very selfish in my opinion. I treat it as if if it were real and I shoot every zombie on site. I don't gather them all up and take them all down at once, saving ammo. I usually only make it to the mid to late twenties, but I usually am laughing with the other players about how much fun it was. The highest I've made it is round 39 on Ascension with 1 other random and we were both running trains most of the game. I can honestly say that I did not enjoy it at all one bit! We planned on killing ourselves at round 40 but my wrists hurt soooo bad I just could not do it anymore. I love Ascension, but that experience kinda ruined it for me. Felt like work, not pleasure.

I would try this challenge, but I believe it would be unfair because I would just exploit areas in the maps that facilitate this style of play. The roof on Die Rise, especially since TS is acceptable, and the Tunnel in Green Run.

I actually only run in circles in certain spots, usually I like to take the horde on a serpentine route, but since I end up re-tracing that route, I guess I understand what you mean by "circles".

I actually make the trains enjoyable by switching my directions and altering the speed I run to try and create sticky situations, challenge myself to squeeze through. I also don't actually like to do EVERYTHING in between rounds, so I can test myself in other areas. For example, this weekend I was playing Survival on Town and wanted to hit the box in the middle of a round. The box was by the dumpsters, I was training by where Stamin-Up spawns in Survival.

I took my train around the lava, in front of the bank, in between the cars where the pavement raises, then I ran into the box area, hit it, looped my train in by the box, around by the dumpsters, and out back to the clearing in front of the book store and the Jugg drop down. I then ran back into the box area to collect my new gun, looped my train back through that tiny area and back over to my preferred spot by Stamin-Up.

My point is that even though I train my zombies, it can still be quite interesting if you test yourself with tighter areas, changing direction, or variating something for the love of god. Since I expect everyone I play with to have the same or better level of skill as I do (yes, I know those are high expectations), then I expect everyone to follow the same steps when playing, thus, I don't like training in the same area as another player.

I enjoy running circles with friends. The amount of teamwork you can work into them... It gives you a rush, gathering them all together and running into the bar on Town while your friends Mustang & Sally them to high hell...

Anyway my favourite way to stop circle running is to camp near the Navcard table. Trample Steam on the window, two in the centre, and one spare. Friends spaying while I knife the zombies... Made it to round 30. It was amazing...

The "challenge" is simple enough to understand. Play a game of Zombies any map doesn't matter which, and don't hold any crawlers and don't run circles. Players are so damn afraid, I played a game once with some randoms who seemed deathly afraid of the Zombies. They absolutely refused to go anything unless we were holding a crawler. I've also heard a ton of complaints on how TranZit is boring because it takes forever to do anything, well don't hold crawlers and see how different your view becomes.

Also there are so many people who are so proud that they've made it to round 100+ on this or that map. Well that's cool I guess but let me ask you something. How long did it take and how boring was it? Answers: Forever and extremely. The reason is none other than running circles. You are LITERALLY walking in circles for sometimes weeks in these ridiculous games. I've watched videos of people doing it saying they were bored and didn't want to. Well that sounds like the most fun. Here's what you got to do, Find a good spot to hold out and kill as many as you can. Sure you will only make it to round 30 something but it's a lot faster paced and a lot more fun. After a simple 2 hour game I feel mentally drained. It's a ton of fun. And before any of you whiney babbies say "So no circles means that if there are zombies surrounding me I should just stand there and take it?" I know you're thinking it, you know the difference between weaving between zombies and running circles. Don't give me any of that crap.

Give it a try, you might actually find some enjoyment out of playing zombies rather than work. The reason I call it a "challenge" is because this is how zombies is supposed to be played. No doubt about it. The only reason making crawlers is still possible is because of the easter eggs. And the only reasons circles are still possible is because if they were to alter the ai to make circles impossible then camping would also be impossible.

Quite arrogant to presume you know the way the game was 'meant' to be played.

Props to Alphasnake for the image

Do you see what he has on his shirt? Training is just as legit a playstyle as camping. To say one or the other is 'not the way the game is meant to be played' is folly.

Personally, I do both, some games I may want to camp with a team. Other games I may want to train and see how far I can go. I definitely don't limit myself to one or the other.

I made a post about this a while ago, http://www.callofdutyzombies.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=105&t=28673

Basically, that thread indicates my thoughts about COD Zombies being a super fancy, highly involved "Snake Game". Remember this game?

Yeah, you run your snake into the fruit and make your snake longer, but you die if you run into your own tail.

Here's a video:

CvJNqaZS8Og

Well, just imagine the zombie train is your tail and Voila, we have the same basic game concept, although not a crappy 8-bit overhead view. Now we get to shoot our tail, we can run over powerups (nukes, insta-kill) that help us destroy our tail, we can acquire different tools (wall gun, mystery box, PaP) to destroy our tail, but down to the fundamental basics, this is the same game.

So, I believe trains are completely justified because, to me, that's what the game ios built around.

EDIT: Changed the image for a better representation and added a YT clip for viewing pleasure.

Most high round games start out camping because that is the fastest way. The smart players only run trains when you can't do it anymore, but even then, 'training' is a very loose term. The fastest strategies never involve the horribly inaccurate image of people running the Flopper train on Ascension. Because, let's face it, when you think train, you think of Flopper on Ascension, Biodome on Moon, or the stage on Kino. All three of these spots are atrocious.

Kiting is supposed to be about speed, efficiency, killing power. Easy spots like the three aforementioned locations can be run by everyone and their mother. But, do me a favor. Get to round 50 on Moon, then go and run where Stamin Up is in Tunnel 11. I'd like to see your reaction.

Or, even better, try No Man's Land. Good luck camping there.

Also, fun fact buddy, Zielinksi said in an interview a couple years back at CodXP that his favorite part of Zombies was the zombie train. But yeah, definitely, camping is the way it's supposed to be played. Yup, no doubt about that.

Don't believe me on the Zielinksi quote? Check for yourself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxW6QbnblSs&t=29m23s

But yeah, you're definitely right. Camping is how the game is supposed to be played.

Isn't everything in life that takes a long time to accomplish boring at some point or another. You set through it to reach your goal. I haven't reached round 100, but I plan to, but I have set goals of 50 (reached on die rise, close to on moon and tranzit with a 48 on both) and I have reached 67 on die rise and that is an accomplishment to myself. Trying to get shotgun rank when you have to raise your kd by 25 points is boring and super tedious but when I got it it was super rewarding. So yes training is boring at points, but you have to make it fun. treyarch helps make it fun by adding better scenery and more guns.

Its "fun" to run around budha room and go up the pillars, down the pillars, staying at the top while spraying down 24 zombies with an pap an94. Its fun to phd flop and use the scavenger on george and his 24 pals on cotd. Its fun spraying countless tokyo and rose into an endless train while after that trying to buy hacked ammo if a buddy already has the wave gun on moon. And if a buddy doesn't have the wave gun and you do get to use it, thats super fun. Its really fun to play no mans land and try to get the most kills which is training. In kino I didn't even use the stage, I used spawn room because surprising or not, that was the only train I could master when I first started playing and watching Syndicates videos.

So yea trains can be boring, or kiting as the elitist would say (no offense), but I love doing it.

• Moderators

Everytime Andrew posts something I see the word "elitist" come up in other people's replies. :lol:

On topic:

Running around in circles for >3 hours straight will get boring.

Standing in one spot for 1 hour will get just as boring.

Shooting zombies with M&S in Area 51 for 10-12 minutes is a blast.

That is my take on things. :3

Everytime Andrew posts something I see the word "elitist" come up in other people's replies. :lol:

On topic:

I'm guessing andrew is lemonade?

yea Iv heard of kiting and stuff before and didn't think to much of it. And when I joined this forum I saw that people hate the term rape train. Come on now, its a joke and don't blame syndicate for the term either, someone from his comment section gave him the name. And when people, i'm not calling out lemonade, make up other nnames or stuff like that because they don't like using rape in a game where people use words like dick, cunt, vagina, gay, and other shit like that then you are trying to be an elitest or someone that is trying to be better than others. but I could care less. there are some things im passionate about and will argue/debate for some time but i don't really care wth you call the train. So I'm just putting my two cents out there and probably won't reply to people replying saying what a dick i am for saying this. it is what it is. lol

Isn't everything in life that takes a long time to accomplish boring at some point or another.

So yea trains can be boring, or kiting as the elitist would say (no offense), but I love doing it.

I swear on my life, absolutely no part of my Die Rise 100 was boring. Heart pounding yes, palm sweating yes (especially 4 rounds in the 90s with no QR or whos who).

The auto trains in various locations are however boring.

PAP Ascension.

Kino Lobby top door shut.

Kino MP40 top door shut.

On these you literally do exactly the same thing, over and over again.

There are however many spots where it's not quite the same.

Alley on Kino, all doors open.

Electricity room on Kino.

AK on Shang.

Just a few examples of how different kiting, or training can be.

And by the way, it's not an elitist thing. People don't use the word train for 1 of 2 reasons in my experience.

1 - Kiting as a term has been in video games longer than some people on this site have been alive.

2 - People don't like the term rape train, because either a) Syndicate coined it or B) They don't like the term rape itself and train in zombies is too associated with it.

I call it kiting as I have done kiting in games long before I even knew zombies existed. It's manipulation of AI, and always has been.

Back to the original OP - your post was pretty brazen, as others have said.

I like both camping and kiting, Headshooting and Mctwisting...all things have a purpose, and all things can be done for fun.

Just because you don't find it fun, it's best not to judge others for finding things you don't find fun, fun.

Peace.

On topic:

It's kind of funny how I am always labeled elitist on the internet. I own no major world records; I am merely a dude that happens to be good at Zombies. I like writing guides for you guys to help you get BETTER because I know a lot of you struggle with the game. Do I take pride in my achievements? Somewhat. But I am no good at high rounds—I always lose concentration in the mid 70's. One could argue I'm pretty good at No Man's Land, and I suppose I am, but really, that's nothing to brag about. I don't even think I'm in the top 15 in No Man's Land.

And as for not using offensive terms, I never use those, be it in real life or on the internet. I am a very passionate supporter for gay rights and I am a member of the Gay-Straight Alliance at school. It, personally, offends me when I hear people use the term 'gay' in a negative fashion. Same goes with rape. People do not understand the magnitude of that word. Just throwing around the word 'rape' can possibly affect someone, bring back the horrible memories.

I use the term 'kiting' because I'm respectful, not because I'm 'elitist'.

Isn't everything in life that takes a long time to accomplish boring at some point or another.

I swear on my life, absolutely no part of my Die Rise 100 was boring. Heart pounding yes, palm sweating yes (especially 4 rounds in the 90s with no QR or whos who).

The auto trains in various locations are however boring.

PAP Ascension.

Kino Lobby top door shut.

Kino MP40 top door shut.

On these you literally do exactly the same thing, over and over again.

There are however many spots where it's not quite the same.

Alley on Kino, all doors open.

Electricity room on Kino.

AK on Shang.

Just a few examples of how different kiting, or training can be.

I couldn't agree more Chopper. I've never been a fan of auto-training. I've always respected people like Superhands for being able to totally bend the game to his will with some of his high round strategies, but once you see how he does it once; there is little to no variation between spawns.

I'd much rather sit back and watch someone train in a dangerous area flying by the seat of their pants at round 30,then someone using spawn control at round 100. At the end of day its just more entertaining to watch and play that way (for me personally).

Also, I'm really bad at spawn control strategies. I usually lose concentration quite quickly and die pathetically early :lol: .

You want the perfect map for this? Go to Five with 3 friends and try to all survive in the basement labs together, running chaotically without running circles unless you need to clutch. My friends and I managed to make it to round 32 even while trolling each other, running hordes directly into one another. It was by far the most intense and amazingly fun zombie experience of my life. That is, until my sister decided to start streaming a Disney Channel TV show on our WiFi, making me lagout. I just about cried. BUT, nonetheless the most fun in zombies I've ever had.