A Decision That Will Have To Be Made

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What about the poor zombies? Here we are debating whose side to take when they're are innocent victims having their humanity stripped away and replaced with a unquenchable hunger for murder who, might I add, are just bullet fodder for us to arbitrarily count as kills...In the end they just become a statistic that we use to improve a symbol. These are lives we're talking about! Did any of us ever stop to think about the thousands of innocent men and women we kill each time we play? Who will fight for them?

I have this feeling that Maxis wants nothing more than to restore his daughter. I think he might actually put Sam in control of the zombies again, just to make her "alive." Thus, I think we're damned if we do and damned if we don't.

In the end... Well, he's come this far, right? May as well help Richtofen to completely fulfill his mission.

I see a lot more people want richtofen over maxis... Personally I'd side with either, but I'm initially siding with the good doctor... Another reason why I chose him is because of this quote: Stumpy was rude to the doctor... Stumpy paid the price...

I can see why so many people want to side with tricky rich, he's a lot more humorous then maxis...

I side with Richtofen because while playing BO:1, he made me laugh so damn hard. Oh, Ed...you're a sick bastard, but you're funny as hell!

Maxis is just a butt-hurt debbie downer. Cry me a river, you emo-fag.

Dont know if callously bashing or arbitraily cursing towards Maxis is necessary...regardless...I'd have to side with Maxis...and dont jump to simple conclusions...

I loved richtofen(odd to say I loved a nazi :? ) and he made me laugh my tail off becoming my favorite character to play as, but still he's a narcissistic, manipulative, backstabbing, leave you and your daughter to die, F*** everyone its about my tail, psychotic...

Those saying richtofen might not be that bad and that his end result may be "pure" or simply interesting...he wants to use us, then abandon us to the zombies after he's attained full control...HOW THE HECK is that considered possibly remotley a desirable end, or even exciting, all he wishes to do is ascertain full control, which may be interesting but most likely would simply need us helping him then him off-ing us, AND as far as his plan being difficult to conjure as to what he may be trying to do...HE SAID IT IN DIE RISE after Samuel Stuhlinger(sorry if the name is mis-spelled)turns on power, he states that all matter has energy and that right now his power is limited:

This is a true fact...all matter gives off a degree of energy, off-topic there is in development a battery thats self-sustaining as it feeds off of the natural ambient energy around it from the surrounding matter being even humans as we give off a miniscule but nonetheless an amount of energy, and with the world being corrupted and near dead the energy is in fact "limited"

(Maxis' reason for having nuked the earth, not to desolate the planet for fun, but rather to limit the amount of natural energy in which to utilize) look at it from a dragon ball z perspective if it'll be easier:

Goku makes a spirit ball via living energy from people, plants, anything and everything, but with a dying planet i.e. the current state of earth in zombies with little to no "living" beings and essentially no life and very little habitation to harness energy...Goku is unable to harness this energy (regarded as ki by japanese, chi by koreans, and simple energy by americans) and cannot make a spirit ball: or in other words richtofen cannot harness natural energy in order to somehow manipulate the element 115 within the zombies... He says it is difficult to control the zombies, I believe the element 115, that has bonded with the dna of humans making zombies, is in and of itself a harmless element that is controlled in the aether via "natural energy" which maxis has destroyed via nukes... now how he wants to achieve his goal may be a mystery, but what his goal is is obvious...

Those that say Maxis is evil...he asked his daughter to kill himself and everyone else when they came across her in the pyramid on moon, pretty self-less to me, and he didnt nuke the earth for fun, he did so to prevent richtofen from having full control over the zombies...obviously it was a diffficult and to some degree horrid decision that could be misconstrued as evil, but it in essence, I believe, is good:

Think of it like this, you have the option to either kill 6,973,291,433(200,000 short of the whole world population) people with a possibility that the human race will in the end prosper, or do nothing and everyone on earth dies... What choice do you make, what choice do you have

Maxis was a nazi, or a scientist hired by nazis, but nonetheless he was simply someone so absorbed by science that he can look at people as numbers, being able to conduct horrendous experiments for the sake of science(not agreeing that that's okay whatsoever just statieng), but still in the end he doesnt wish to kill all of the human race or enslave them, but to simply stop Richtofen from controlling the world and condeming it, what can be worse than that...

Maxis is in my opinion good, to an extent, and wishes to help the earth, not condemn it which is Richtofens obvious goal...

I apologize for the extent of this text, and also apologize as I realize most are just stating what they think would be fun and picking the popular individual i.e. richtofen as this is simply a fun question of who to help and not what you would actually do... I just look at things through how i would in real life as I love role-playing and immersion and therefore am stating what I would "actually" do...

Also HUGE thanks to MurderMachineX as his thread on the history of zombies is what I used to note the history of maxis above, its an amazing thread and was immensly fun to read...

Also in the end regarding a choice that must be made, I honestly believe that the ending cinematic (if there is one) to the last zombies dlc will take into account both sides somehow...

Richtofen says "MEND THE RIFT", if you notice you first arrive in the cinematic to die rise, but inevitably die, then you "arrive" again, and Stuglinger has Dejavu...Every character on tranzit has dejavu around the vault, and accounts of having "been here before...?" to some extent:

What I believe is occurring is that they did in fact visit these places in a different dimension, a rift if you will as a result of time travel, and that there are billions of outcomes, and that by the end of the dlc both richtofen and maxis will have been helped in one of these vast and endless parallel dimensions which will create an immense and climactic end...to Black Ops 2 zombies...but not Cod zombies whatsoever as theres obviously going to be a Black Ops 3...that just me though...and sorry for posting here if this was seemingly a response that should be posted elsewhere...

I like Maxis, because he is the good guy. There is absolutely zero evidence that he is evil. It's ridiculous. People don't like him only because they don't know exactly how is plan is going to work. He has done nothing to show us that he is evil. The only way he'll be evil is if he does a 180 and turns evil. But the same is true of you. And me. The reason people don't like Richtofen is because he is one of the most dastardly villains ever.

Richtofen's goal is clear. He wants to bring the world back up, so that he can bring it back down. And still people choose him?

You don't think Maxis experimenting on Fluffy is evil? No idea why he introduced Fluffy to Samantha. Emotional attachments are made with pets, which Maxis did not care or consider for, especially when Samantha ran after Fluffy and he tried to stop her.

Or the fact he wanted to create an undead army, as well as other things?

Both are evil in my book. Right now Richtofen appears to be the greater threat. It could change, it could not.

Regardless, I'm going for Maxis because majority are going for Richtofen. I will see both play out anyway.

Maxis is immoral in certain regards...not evil...theres a difference...somebody who kills people for enjoyment is evil (Richtofen), somebody who experiments with living things for the sake of science and exploration is immoral, and a bit detached, but not evil (Maxis)...Someone doing horrid experiments on animals for the shear enjoyment of their pain, suffering, anguish, and eventual death along with science is evil and effed up, someone who does the same for the sake of science and the greater good (or simply greater possibilites that will be found after experimentation) is greatly immoral and to some degree detached but not evil...

Also where do you infer he wanted to create an undead army, and even if he did wish to capitalize on creating controllable corpses, what government agency or military wouldnt wish to utilize that...he didnt wish to create an undead army as much as he wished to simply understand all there is to know abou this miraculously versatile compound 115 and its implications on corpses, weapons, and everything else it interacts with, he was doing his studies because he LOVED science and all that entails, and was hired by nazis, this doesn't mean he was a nazi or that he wasn't, that is unknown...but regardless what he has done doesn't necessarily make him evil just immensley detached and immoral...

Kurasaki you said it all :0 I fell in love when you related dragon ball z to zombies. Perfect my friend! Simply wonderful in my eyes! You get a big slow clap from this guy right here!

Hahaha...Thanks RequixEclipse, cant forget the classics haha...I loved dragon ball z and goku's spirit ball just seemed to fit perfect with the example :D ... and yeah I just been reading everyones quick assumption of Maxis and their general interest but lack of strong reasoning for picking Richtofen and felt compelled to flesh out my reasoning haha...

Hahaha...Thanks RequixEclipse, cant forget the classics haha...I loved dragon ball z and goku's spirit ball just seemed to fit perfect with the example :D ... and yeah I just been reading everyones quick assumption of Maxis and their general interest but lack of strong reasoning for picking Richtofen and felt compelled to flesh out my reasoning haha...

Hah flesh out.... I see what you did there :D

• 1 year later...

anyway by the time all the maps go out there wont be anyone to do the tranzit and die rise easter egg anymore so I'll be stuck with no easter eggs Yeah !

Lol, i havent done any of the easter eggs yet even though i probably could, the only one i've been trying is origins and that was solo.

Got to the part with the robot and the beacon and failed...

Then i just played until i died and havent tried since.

So you're not alone :)