Rictofen doesnt control the helhounds

blackfire561

I have noticed this for a while as may most of you but they havent really looked into it. Well since moon we all know rictofen is now in control of the zombies. Not the hellhounds though. The hellhounds dont have blue eyes in black ops 2 or at the end of the moon EE. Now do you think its possible there is another person controlling the hellhounds or what.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

No, Richtofen controls the hellhounds. He says "fetch me their souls!" whenever they spawn. Treyarch just did a copy and paste job on the hellhounds from Black Ops 1 and didn't feel like coding different colored eyes for them

Sounds like a lazy response. Did you watch the video it explains something I didn't put in the post??

• Administrators

All throughout Zombies history we've learned that whoever is in the MPD is in control of the Zombies and Hellhounds. I watched the video and I honestly think that Treyarch got lazy and didn't change the eye color, it wouldn't be the first time.

I have a pic on my live account i edited last night. It clearly shwos 3 different colors beams at the tower. blue orangish and pinkish

Wrong thread homie lol

:lol: I've done that before :oops:

Agreed, Richtofen is in control of them now like Samantha was in control of them when she was in power. Seeing as how Hellhounds are not in TranZit or Nuketown, I'm sure they weren't too concerned about it storywise.

H*llhounds are not regular Zombies. They are freak accidents. That is why their eyes don't glow. However, Richtofen still has control of them. However, they are more similar to hounds than mindless minions. Also, H*llhounds do appear in Green Run. In fact, the way in which they appear I think PROVES he has the ability to control them; he just chooses not to use them sometimes.

Also, when one says he "controls" the zombies, it really means he directs them as a whole, or changes slight behaviors of them, and whatnot. When he "controls" the H*llhounds, he just sends them to literally "fetch their souls"; nothing more. Richtofen can't control where the H*llhound goes. He just chooses where to spawn them and let them go from there.

H*llhounds are not regular Zombies. They are freak accidents. That is why their eyes don't glow. However, Richtofen still has control of them. However, they are more similar to hounds than mindless minions. Also, H*llhounds do appear in Green Run. In fact, the way in which they appear I think PROVES he has the ability to control them; he just chooses not to use them sometimes.

Also, when one says he "controls" the zombies, it really means he directs them as a whole, or changes slight behaviors of them, and whatnot. When he "controls" the H*llhounds, he just sends them to literally "fetch their souls"; nothing more. Richtofen can't control where the H*llhound goes. He just chooses where to spawn them and let them go from there.

Why did you put * in hellhounds ?

Regards Yellow-card8

Hellhounds are an afterthought. They're not in Tranzit and are only used as an option in Survival. I don't think they were lazy, I just think they were rendered irrelevant this time around.

Pretty much what I was going to say. Aren't they only available in custom games? Sounds non-canon to me.

Why did you put * in hellhounds ?

Regards Yellow-card8

I always do that. It's against my morals to curse. And when forced to use that word, I am obligated to censor it.

@FatedTitan: Custom Games

They're not even in regular survival, they only appear in custom games. This tells me Treyarch only put them in there to have an option to make survival more like how it was in BO and W@W.

No. It means that story-wise, Richtofen chose not to use them in Green Run. HOWEVER, he had the CAPABILITY. And game-mechanic-wise, they have appeared in Shi No Numa, Der Riese, Kino der Toten, Moon, and Green Run.

They're not even in regular survival, they only appear in custom games. This tells me Treyarch only put them in there to have an option to make survival more like how it was in BO and W@W.

No. It means that story-wise, Richtofen chose not to use them in Green Run. HOWEVER, he had the CAPABILITY. And game-mechanic-wise, they have appeared in Shi No Numa, Der Riese, Kino der Toten, Moon, and Green Run.

It's probably not best to base anything storywise off of what you can do in custom games. The fact you can turn off "magic items" just confirms that for me. Information taken from custom games is practically irrelevant, but that's just my opinion. I would consider the Hellhounds to not be apart of Green Run as far as the storyline goes.

Custom Games only allows you to REMOVE things, with the exception of the H*llhounds. You cannot simply cast something aside as non-canonical without reason. In the story of Green Run, Richtofen never sent the H*llhounds. However, they do appear on the map, just only in a certain mode. H*llhounds are as present there game-wise as are the CIA, CDC, or "Him". However, Richtofen clearly shows in the game that he has control over the H*llhounds.

Even if everything present in custom games is counted as non-cannon (which I disagree with) Richtofen still can be proven to have controlled the hellhounds, simply based upon Moon gameplay post EE. If Sam still controlled them, or at least some force that didn't like Richtofens presence, why would the hellhounds continue to violate our team in No Man's Land? To me the only explanation is that Richtofen assumed control of them as well. Their appearance in Green Run as an option, and the voice clip of "fetch me their souls" from Green Run, AND Moon (I think it existed back then anyways, I'd have to check though) just further hammers down this point.