Green Run Solo Strategy (Tunnel Train) (Beginner)

Sluggo

Hello all! This is my first post here, and it happens to be a guide! I mainly wanted to post this to find out other people's strategy for solo Tranzit play, and for people to critique mine so I will be able to get better. This guide is a starting strategy, then you just train in the tunnels between Bus Station and Diner. I find it to be very effective but I still will die at round 20. It also is very easy to rack up points to stash in your bank. This makes setting up games a breeze! I did my best to make this guide a pleasure to read, so WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR??!! KEEP READING!

NOTE: This guide assumes you have enough money in the bank to buy your necessities. There is a tips section that has some pointers on how to build up some cash if you are just starting.

The goal here is to get set up as fast as possible. This includes: Getting the bus finished, turning the power on, getting all 4 perks, and finally, PaP your weapon(s). I am going to discuss my regular route I take, as well as put a picture so you can visually see.

Right as round 1 begins you can start by clearing all the zombies except one. I usually go for 5-6 bullets in the body then knife them to maximize my points. Picking up a Quick Revive here will help you out immensely later, because you will go down, and you are going to want to go stash all your money in the bank! Pick up a bus part if one is in there. Hop on the bus and let it start driving.

When your in the tunnel, pick up the M16A1 off the wall and quickly get back on the bus. When your bus reaches diner, pick up a bus part, then get back on the bus. If you have over 1000 points then you are good, but if you don't start round 2 and get it down to one zombie once again.

Once the bus gets over the big lava pit, jump off! You are going to be taking a shortcut straight for Town! You are going to want to hug the left side. Keep following along and eventually you will see a broken down semi. When you go around it, make a sharp left. Follow this path straight ahead and you will end up in Town.

An easy way to deal with the denizens, is to shoot them when you hear their screams. When you hear their screams just turn around and wait until your cross hairs turn red, then shoot.

Check for the bus part, and if you were lucky, you could have all 3 parts. Now, since you have money in the bank(hopefully) and also have 1000 score, you are able to open the bank. After opening the bank, you will open the 2 bank vaults using 2 grenades. Withdraw 10k score or so (you will be back to get more), then hop on the bus and ride it to Bus Station and pick up a fresh turbine.

Ride the bus to Diner, then you are going to want to open the diner. Use the turbine to get the Speed Cola, as it is really great to have. Continue on to Farm and open the gate for 750 points. The Double Tap Root Beer is located in there and is also really great. If you didn't have all parts to the bus the final piece will be inside the shed. Try to have the turbines up as little as possible because you will need as much battery as possible in the next step. Finally, ride the bus to the Power Station.

At the power station, proceed to turn on the power. You will want to aim to get it turned on before the bus leaves, but it doesn't matter much. If you made it before the bus left, hop in the bus until he honks. As soon as he honks run and set your turbine in the doorway you opened. You do not want to fall down. Quickly hop back on the bus and ride it to Town. Once at Town check out the second bank vault. Also, make sure you have 5000 score in order to Pack a Punch your weapon. The 3 parts are scattered around the hallway, with the machine at the end. Pack a punch the M16A1 that you hopefully picked up in an earlier step.

Now that you have your SkullCrusher and all your perks, you can proceed back to the tunnel and rape train until no tomorrow! The ammo for the gun is conveniently on the wall, so you will have unlimited ammo. It costs 4500 score, and you will rack up score like no other.

Taking Stamin-up instead of Double Tap Root Beer may be helpful in order to not get trapped by the zombies. Also, if you are losing score faster than you can afford ammo, then maybe Stamin-up is the way to go.

I do not take credits for creating the base map. I added all the text on top and markers. Image is from brady games strategy book.

Flat broke? No worries! There are plenty of ways for you to rack up some score so you can buy whatever you want, whenever you want! Since there are numerous ways, I am only going to point out 2, these are the 2 that I used to get myself started. There are endless possibilities and I encourage you to experiment yourselves and see if you can figure something cool out!

Method 1

The first step of this method would be to get to the Tunnels and pick up the M16A1. This gun is really great up until round 20. With no perks, I'd say its best to deposit all your money at round ~15(if it is getting tough, just don't risk it, make a runner and stash your cash!).

A good tip for rape training with no perks, is to keep running until no more zombies are spawning. Killing them slowly will also decrease the likeliness of you getting trapped.

Method 2

The next method involves the same main steps. Acquire the M16A1, but instead of staying in the tunnels until you deposit your cash, build up 4.5k score so you can run to Town and buy Jug and Stamin-up. I made it to round 31 using only these perks and had over 100k score to put in my bank!

After further testing, I would suggest the following perks: Juggernog, Stamin-up, DTRB, and Quick Revive. If it is not solo play, then Speed Cola instead of QR is great. It costs 7000 score to get every perk you need. If you are planning on pack-a-punching two weapons, than that totals out to 17k score. You can easily get 100k points in your bank in a single game using this method.

If you figure in the money it counts to open the doors (including the one at Bus Station, Bank, Bar, and the room with juggernog) the grand total is 21,000.

Getting the B23R from the Bus is an awesome option as a secondary weapon. I usually PaP it at the beginning of the game also with the M16A1. It turns into a fully auto pistol that fires upgraded bullets, named the B34R.

Making a crawler is a good idea. Luckily the SkullCrusher(PaP M16A1) has an attached grenade launcher that makes turning zombies into crawlers a breeze! It is sometimes better to have walkers although, usually when running through the fog, because the crawler will die. Remember that if you save 2 slow zombies, they will stay slow. If you kill one of them the last zombie will run full speed. If you run into the fog, chances are fast ones will spawn so they are better than crawlers if you plan on running through the fog.

A good example of utilizing a crawler is making one in Town on a high round to deposit all your score into the bank.

I like to save 2-3 runners anyways, just because I always have zombies spontaneously combust in front of me!

Getting these knuckles helps out quite a bit! The main reason I would get them is for denizens. The galvaknuckles 2 shot the denizens, much better than the average 5 shots. They are also a 1 shot kill up to round 15.

They are located on the roof of the Diner. You will need the hatch that is put on the roof of the bus. Go inside the diner, and to the right of the large counter top you should see a spot to place it. Once you get up on the roof, turn around, and there they are!

If you buy them on round 1, you can easily make a bunch of money by knifing all zombies up until round 15! 10 zombies = 1.3k score!

I like to stick on the side that does not have the M16A1 on the wall. I find that since there is no lava, it is much easier to maneuver around. You can run basically any size circle there depending on the situation. Syndicate has a very nice video on rape training in this area, so shout out to him for making this video!

Following this strategy, there are tons of different routes to take, all that matters to me is speed - the faster I get set up, the better I like the route. There are a couple routes I will be experimenting with and if I find them to be faster I will change the main guide, but for now, I will put them here.

Instead of waiting for the bus in Town to do another loop, you can just hoof it and run yourself. I have ran around the map multiple times, but never on round 1. It may be faster to do the steps but skip the bus, and run. I will time both when I play more games, but definitely seems plausible.

If you beat the bus by a lot to town, you could possibly run to the Power Station, drop your turbine, and run to Town before the bus even makes it back! This would cut plenty of time because then you could go straight to the Tunnels and start your game! Hitching a ride on the bus after laying your turbine down could be nice.

Maybe once you reach the tunnels, get the M16A1 and just farm points up until round 5, just make sure to stay with the bus! This way, you can skip the shortcut, get DTRB from Farm, then turn the power on, lay your turbine down, and ride the bus to Town. This will make it where you only have to go through every place once, then you will end at the Tunnels fully set up.

That's it for now! I am always brainstorming and I'm sure these will be solved within time.

Died? Sucks dude. Luckily you got the quick revive perk from Bus Station earlier! Now is a good time to clear ALL zombies except 1(or 2 if you got some slow ones). There are two paths you can take, you can first run to the Farm, and deposit your gun in the fridge, then deposit all your score in the bank. Or you could just do 1 of either, doesn't really matter. I personally prefer to always have a PaP M16A1 in my fridge just in case, even though I rarely take it out.

There is a minor downfall to dying, and its cost me plenty of score as well. Since you are in the tunnels, you have to jump the giant lava pit between Diner and Farm/Shortcut to Town. A good thing to do would be to just wait for the bus. All it takes is 1 Denizen hit after the lava pit. Be sure to kill one right before you try jumping across, and also get a running start.

-suggested by -Armageddon-

As you can probably already tell, this tunnel is going to be a staple among Black Ops II zombies players. There is no denying the effectiveness of this zone. Especially since it has a great gun right on the wall! This is the only way I play Tranzit now, unless I am just messing around or exploring. I have made it to round 32 since I made this guide and now that is the highest I've been on zombies.

If you noticed anything wrong with this guide/typos/whatever, feel free to leave a reply/PM and I will fix it as soon as I am able to.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for all the replies guys :). Not sure, maybe if I didn't have money in the bank I wouldn't pack a punch early. Since I have to go through the map twice anyways, might as well top everything off ya know. Do you prefer stamin-up or DTRB?

Thanks for the suggestions also!

Welcome to the site!

Good strat! I personally prefer to run backwards to the power once I buy staminup and jug in town with the turbine. I grab the bowie knife in the shack on the way and then turn the power on. If you didn't get good guns from the box at the diner you can pick up an AK here. Now you can wait for the bus which should be fairly quick, throw down your turbine and take the bus back to town to pack a punch.

I prefer to run rape trains in town in a sort of figure 8 using the jug building over to the staminup building and back myself but there are a million different places to run trains once you're set up.

I am an odd one when it comes to guns though. I would prefer to pack a punch the sniper rifle with the red scope and a machine gun, preferably a HAMR or RPD but will settle for a Mtar or Galil. That sniper rifle packed is a one shot kill till late 20's early 30's, lots of ammo and best of all will take out 5-6 zombies in a line with one bullet. I find it strange to say I prefer a sniper rifle in zombies but I've ran shit with it so many times that I can't deny it's effectiveness. With a good packed machine gun you can make your points and the stopping power of the rifle gives you breathing room.

As Lenne said "Great 1st post right there!"

Good strategy, easy to follow & your formatting is top notch!

You obviously know how to use BBCode. (did you take a look at Shooters 'Formatting 101 Guide' in the Member Lounge?

Anyway welcome to the site Sluggo & thanks for bringing useful information to the topics. We hope that you keep posting great threads like this! Well done!

@CrazyTrain0917

Awesome thanks for the tips, I will try some of them out. I never really messed with the mystery box in solo much except to get EMP grenades. Never had the ray gun though.

@PINNAZ

Thank you! And no I actually didn't check out that guide, I will check it out see if I can learn some things.

I've always loved creating guides and in the past years I've probably created 100's of guides on various forums. I guess I like the sense of accomplishment that you could potentially be helping people out get better :).

Good vibes.

Thankyou! Extremely Helpful! I'll try this out tonight.

Do you have any tips for people like me who don't have any money in the bank to buy jug?

Also, you should add that if you go down and you think your gonna lose, go to the farm and put your PaP'd M16 (don't know full name) in the Fridge and then put all your Money into the bank.

Other than that, Great Guide :D

Thankyou! Extremely Helpful! I'll try this out tonight.

Do you have any tips for people like me who don't have any money in the bank to buy jug?

Also, you should add that if you go down and you think your gonna lose, go to the farm and put your PaP'd M16 (don't know full name) in the Fridge and then put all your Money into the bank.

Other than that, Great Guide :D

No problem! And that is a good idea, i'll add it in the tips section ;).

And as for tips for you since you don't have any money in the bank, simple. Just start up a new Tranzit game, go straight to the tunnels, grab the M16, and just take it to round 13 or so until you have 20k(+/-) score. Put that in the bank and then when you restart, you can PaP, get all your perks, then you will be golden to rack up a bunch of score to max out your bank!

Another thing you could do is go to round 5, turn on the power, just get jug + stamin-up + Quick Revive. I took it to my farthest round (31) using that set up, and got over 100k points in my bank from it.

Hope I helped! :D

Updated Changelog:

+ Tips

+ Conclusion

+ Happy Slaying...

+ Revive me! (12/6/12)

+ No Money? (12/6/12)

! Revised and Edited existing content

Thanks for adding my name :D I didn't do all of that but it's still nice for the recognition!

I went on and played my first ever Solo Game on Tranzit using your startegy (went off to get the M16 and missed the bus :() And stayed in the tunnels where i was downed at round 8 with 10k points. Forgot to pick up quick revive. I need to remember that next time.

Also, thanks for also sharing the shortcut to Town from the Diner. It was really helpful and I used it in a Multi player game after the solo one.

Apparently the max amount of Money you can put in the Bank is $250,000 so I might try to aim for that once I get a bit better at Zombies :D

Thanks for adding my name :D I didn't do all of that but it's still nice for the recognition!

I went on and played my first ever Solo Game on Tranzit using your startegy (went off to get the M16 and missed the bus :() And stayed in the tunnels where i was downed at round 8 with 10k points. Forgot to pick up quick revive. I need to remember that next time.

Also, thanks for also sharing the shortcut to Town from the Diner. It was really helpful and I used it in a Multi player game after the solo one.

Apparently the max amount of Money you can put in the Bank is $250,000 so I might try to aim for that once I get a bit better at Zombies :D

No problem 8-).

The quick revive is only 500 score when solo, might as well pick it up! If you are dying that quick I would suggest getting Jug. I get downed all the time in low rounds because I don't have jug. Taking two hits to get down is insane, 4 on the other hand, is much more manageable.

No problem on the shortcut. It is extremely helpful. It blew my mind when I learned of it.

Yes the max amount of money the bank can hold is 250k. I believe that you can only pull out 225k though, from the fees. Also, aim for headshots. I feel like drops drop more often when I get more headshots (that is speculation, though).

Good luck!

Is the tunnel train the only train you use?

You should try using the one at the Diner and at the front of the Farm as well. I've gotten pretty high with friends just running the one at the front of the farm. The only bad thing is if you get stuck when the bus comes in.

No its not the only one I use. I enjoy running at every single place if you can believe that much. The main ones are of course Farm, Diner, Bus Station, and Town. Tunnel is most definitely my favorite place to train at. I feel it has the best set up to do trains on it easily.

Plus I just love the skullcrusher :evil:

I remember reading someones post where they broke down the mechanics of what triggers what in Zombies and perk drops are calculated according to total score whether you're solo or a team. Then when it's time for a drop it does a percentage roll of the different kinds of perks and then makes it appear. That's why sometimes you'll get like 2 insta kills or 2 max ammos in a row as the percentages even though smaller the second time there is still a chance for the same perk to drop.

This is what I do to bank money. (Some of this is in Sluggos guide)

When I'm running solo waiting for buddies to come online I play specifically to bank money. I buy the M14 and stay in the bus depot until the end of round 4 (unless it's going amazingly well then I'll stay till round 5) Note: as long as you don't open the first turbine door then the bus won't leave you.

Open the door, hopefully there is a part in that little room then jump on the bus. I notice in solo you have more of a chance of getting the hatch for the galvaknuckles in one of the first two areas you open with the fan. (either in the bus depot or in the shed by the gas station)

By now you should have approximately 5,000 or more points depending on how meticulous you are at getting headshots. Now here it is decision time. If you have the hatch and you can make it up to 6 grand then you can shoot for the galvaknuckles and stick around the diner for a couple rounds to hit the box for a good gun. This ensures that when you run out of ammo running hordes in the town you will at least have something to kill them with. And up until round 13 you have a way to accumulate a mad amount of points to throw in your bank.

Option 2 is to use your money on the box and with a little luck you will get at least one good money gun (RPD or HAMR) once you have this hop on the bus and take the church shortcut to town. If you are super lucky and get an RPD on the first hit you may want to consider going ahead and buying speed cola before you take off.

Once in the town with your gun you can still horde and make money for a few rounds before you have to get serious about getting Jug. By about round 10 you should easily have enough to open all the doors in town and get jug and possibly staminup.

Anything after that you will want to bank. Now here's where you have to make another decision. Either you can wait for the bus to pick you up in town and ride it all the way around to power to turn your 2-3 perks on you have already bought. Or you can run backwards as I described in my post above to get to the power. (if you didn't get knuckles you may want to stick to the left of the path and grab the bowie on your way through)

Kick the power on, catch the bus back to town and you're rocking. With max ammos still dropping fairly frequently and the help of the knucks or bowie you should have no problem racking up 20+ grand before having to think about pack a punching.

Hit the bank after every round, deposit and start again. I find this easier to consistantly bank your money than risking going down with 10+ grand in the tunnel where the M16 is. If you have a round where nothing is going right, no hatch, no money, box is being an A-hole to you, then restart early and don't waste your time. You want to set yourself up with good money making guns and spend more time banking that coin. I also like to hit the box for the other LMG that I don't have at the time and toss it in the fridge for later.

Hopefully this helps! Sluggos tips above are all bang on. You shouldn't have any problem building up your bank with either of our strategies.

I remember reading someones post where they broke down the mechanics of what triggers what in Zombies and perk drops are calculated according to total score whether you're solo or a team. Then when it's time for a drop it does a percentage roll of the different kinds of perks and then makes it appear. That's why sometimes you'll get like 2 insta kills or 2 max ammos in a row as the percentages even though smaller the second time there is still a chance for the same perk to drop.

This is what I do to bank money. (Some of this is in Sluggos guide)

When I'm running solo waiting for buddies to come online I play specifically to bank money. I buy the M14 and stay in the bus depot until the end of round 4 (unless it's going amazingly well then I'll stay till round 5) Note: as long as you don't open the first turbine door then the bus won't leave you.

Open the door, hopefully there is a part in that little room then jump on the bus. I notice in solo you have more of a chance of getting the hatch for the galvaknuckles in one of the first two areas you open with the fan. (either in the bus depot or in the shed by the gas station)

By now you should have approximately 5,000 or more points depending on how meticulous you are at getting headshots. Now here it is decision time. If you have the hatch and you can make it up to 6 grand then you can shoot for the galvaknuckles and stick around the diner for a couple rounds to hit the box for a good gun. This ensures that when you run out of ammo running hordes in the town you will at least have something to kill them with. And up until round 13 you have a way to accumulate a mad amount of points to throw in your bank.

Option 2 is to use your money on the box and with a little luck you will get at least one good money gun (RPD or HAMR) once you have this hop on the bus and take the church shortcut to town. If you are super lucky and get an RPD on the first hit you may want to consider going ahead and buying speed cola before you take off.

Once in the town with your gun you can still horde and make money for a few rounds before you have to get serious about getting Jug. By about round 10 you should easily have enough to open all the doors in town and get jug and possibly staminup.

Anything after that you will want to bank. Now here's where you have to make another decision. Either you can wait for the bus to pick you up in town and ride it all the way around to power to turn your 2-3 perks on you have already bought. Or you can run backwards as I described in my post above to get to the power. (if you didn't get knuckles you may want to stick to the left of the path and grab the bowie on your way through)

Kick the power on, catch the bus back to town and you're rocking. With max ammos still dropping fairly frequently and the help of the knucks or bowie you should have no problem racking up 20+ grand before having to think about pack a punching.

Hit the bank after every round, deposit and start again. I find this easier to consistantly bank your money than risking going down with 10+ grand in the tunnel where the M16 is. If you have a round where nothing is going right, no hatch, no money, box is being an A-hole to you, then restart early and don't waste your time. You want to set yourself up with good money making guns and spend more time banking that coin. I also like to hit the box for the other LMG that I don't have at the time and toss it in the fridge for later.

Hopefully this helps! Sluggos tips above are all bang on. You shouldn't have any problem building up your bank with either of our strategies.

Thank you for this! I am going to add it to a user created strategy section, just so more people see it on top :).

Changelog:

+ Added new TranZit map! (12/7/12)

. All excellent strategies. Heres how ive been banking.on round 1, save 1 "walker" (undamaged zombie) it will respawn where a crawler will die off. Then depending on cash, Go to the bank via teleport or bus+church shortcut. Get eough money out to get jug, staminup, and knuckles or owie knife, plus all doors. Run back threw townto power station and turn it on. Then pick one of many spots to start a train. I like the farm or bus depot, as you can save a walker and run back to town each round.

. All excellent strategies. Heres how ive been banking.on round 1, save 1 "walker" (undamaged zombie) it will respawn where a crawler will die off. Then depending on cash, Go to the bank via teleport or bus+church shortcut. Get eough money out to get jug, staminup, and knuckles or owie knife, plus all doors. Run back threw townto power station and turn it on. Then pick one of many spots to start a train. I like the farm or bus depot, as you can save a walker and run back to town each round.

someone's been watching walking dead too much :lol:

• 2 weeks later...