Question about Tranzit

monsterbasher

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the origional zombie crew are screwed... These new guys are screwed... samanthia is screwed... Richtofen will be screwed...the vrill-ya will be screwed... And most importantly... The zombies will be screwed... The trick is finding out who gets screwed last....

1.Zombies

2.new crew

3.old crew

4.richtofen

5.vrill-ya

Sam, no sure about since she's got some way to stop it all :twisted:

• 2 weeks later...

What i'm curious about is what sort of approach will this campaign have? Will it have a linear form where the characters interact and among each other, or will it be mindless zombies with hints about the plots spread out through the map.

Knowing CoD and their campaigns, I'm pretty sure it will be linear.

I'm not expecting an enthralling plot, but hey, I have never really played zombies for the story, so I don't really mind as long as the gameplay is top notch.

I don't think this will be linear in the least. I know how regular campaigns work, but this isn't the campaign team designing it, it's the zombies team we all know and love. I think that although the rounds system will be removed from TranZit, we will still never lose control of our character and be able to go where we want, when we want.

I was watching the first zombie trailer and i heard something.... Someone apears to say "right now..." And An undistiguished mumbling when it goes by the junkyard. My guess is the bus driver is also a tour guide.

Factoid number two, the bus goes twice to the terminal in the trailers, once just the bus, the other with rails. So we can assume back and forth from stages. The terminal perhaps is a very central piece of the map and from there is a short stroll to places?

So what i'm puzzled is how big this map is and how long will it take to complete it? Also if there are stages with a final boss, once you're done, what happens? It becomes free roam mode?

My big question is, in single player, fine, you auto-save after a boss and could continue later, but how about mp? Do we have to finish the game at once? Can we save and continue minus someone, can we swap people?

The map size and these questions will make or break zombies for quite a few people

My guess is we'll have around 6-10 stops...

Crop on foot to

Farm bus to

Junk yard both

Bus station both

Bar/bank bus

Factory bus

Church foot

Cemitery bus

Hospital/asylum teleports to

Final place/governament facility

I think 4-5 stops,then maybe DLC could determine whether there will be additional stops in the near future.

I see no bosses, no saving game, my guess like Zombies has always been is that there is no end, just until all the players are dead then the game is over.

Some good questions there, but some i think your just over thinking it all.

I was watching the first zombie trailer and i heard something.... Someone apears to say "right now..." And An undistiguished mumbling when it goes by the junkyard. My guess is the bus driver is also a tour guide.

Factoid number two, the bus goes twice to the terminal in the trailers, once just the bus, the other with rails. So we can assume back and forth from stages. The terminal perhaps is a very central piece of the map and from there is a short stroll to places?

So what i'm puzzled is how big this map is and how long will it take to complete it? Also if there are stages with a final boss, once you're done, what happens? It becomes free roam mode?

My big question is, in single player, fine, you auto-save after a boss and could continue later, but how about mp? Do we have to finish the game at once? Can we save and continue minus someone, can we swap people?

The map size and these questions will make or break zombies for quite a few people

My guess is we'll have around 6-10 stops...

I like you're thinking here, I've contemplated quite a bit of this.

:idea:

I'm seriously considering the possibilty of a save function for TranZit. I know that sounds absurd to some, but we need to keep in mind this mode is much different than the classic zombie mode we're used to. TranZit is dubbed "Story mode" for zombies, so we can expect to see some significant changes for the mode. I could see it working on the same basis as Dead Island: each person's progress saves independently, but you can join each other online to help complete missions, do easter eggs together, etc.

Every article has stated that TranZit has a HUGE open world game layout (again, much like DI), meaning there will be no loading screens and a nonlinear storyline. There will be many different ways to complete our ultimate goal, and I imagine we'll have ALOT of side quest Easter Eggs to discover that may even possibly change the overall outcome. They're doing it in campaign, so I'd say it's possible here. This story mode is gonna be unlike anything we've seen before, so things like cutscenes and a "final ending" are not out of the question. I think TranZit is going to blow people's minds. Now again, if you're saying that's too unlike Zombies, keep in mind we have an entire Survival mode dedicated to that. This is just what Treyarch meant when they said they had "free roam to do whatever they want". They're coming to impress.

This also brings up the question of DLC. Will future DLC provide more unlockable locations for this single map? Or will there be other locations we travel to? (ie major city, winter environment) I'd like to see the second option, but I think Treyarch will make it work well either way.

Just some ideas for you zombieheads to chew on ;)

Look how ironic, it will end up being people's break, because at some checkpoint the group can save, quit and reload. Not the most practical answer to breaks but...

Also in case of matchmaking, if people are 20% in and someone is 30, do they go foward, back? Foward but no EE?

Im glad we're a only month away to finding out!