I Don't Think They Exist...

Hey guys! I don't know If this has been pointed out before, but here I go.

The newly released achievement "I don't think they exist", which involves defeating denizens of the forest, is named after a quote taken directly from the movie "the princess bride." the main character is making a remark about a type of creature that is rumored to have lived in the FOREST they are about to travel through. This creature happens to be... GIANT EVIL MUTANT RATS. No joke!

The enemy described in the achievement can apparently latch into you. I can imagine a giant rodent latching onto your ankles. Or even worse -- if it is mutated into an almost humanoid shape and is actually capable of grabbing you. :shock:

Thoughts?

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

H*llhounds aren't dogs turned into Zombies. If a dog comes into contact with a H*llhound, the H*llhound will kill the dog. That's it. H*llhounds are simply a new breed of dog descended rom a dog mutated with Zombie-like qualities. The zombie plague itself is only seen to be transferrable between apes.

You are still yet wrong. They are zombie dogs, even if they won't turn other dogs into hellhounds. That means absolubtly nothing.

Besides, how the hell would you know? Have we ever see evidence to say they can't infect other dogs? No. We have not.

Also, rats are heavy carriers of disease, remember? I think it's very possibe rats could turn into zombies, but I'd doubt they'd appear here.

H*llhounds aren't dogs turned into Zombies. If a dog comes into contact with a H*llhound, the H*llhound will kill the dog. That's it. H*llhounds are simply a new breed of dog descended rom a dog mutated with Zombie-like qualities. The zombie plague itself is only seen to be transferrable between apes.

Did you REALLY have to black out "Hell"...?

Plus, Zombieofthedead has a point.

How do you know if they're Zombies or not? Hm? Apes wouldn't make any sense either, since normal Primates have been shown to become Zombie like too. (Ascension Monkeys, Shangri-La Monkeys)

How do you know if they're Zombies or not? Hm? Apes wouldn't make any sense either, since normal Primates have been shown to become Zombie like too. (Ascension Monkeys, Shangri-La Monkeys)

I am still right. H*llhounds are literally what they are called. They are demonic dogs that came about by a teleportation accident concerning 115. 115 also made the Zombies, thus they have many similarities. Your logic that something made by 115 must be a Zombie is as absurd as saying that the Wunderwaffe DG-2 is a Zombie. The H*llhounds were a freak accident. Meanwhile, many primates (what I meant to say instead of apes) are able to become Zombies just by being (dead) around 115.

All evidence points to H*llhounds as being descendents from Fluffy. Therefore, their traits are hereditary, not contagious.

And yes, I have a moral obligation to never curse.

I am still right. H*llhounds are literally what they are called. They are demonic dogs that came about by a teleportation accident concerning 115. 115 also made the Zombies, thus they have many similarities. Your logic that something made by 115 must be a Zombie is as absurd as saying that the Wunderwaffe DG-2 is a Zombie. The H*llhounds were a freak accident. Meanwhile, many primates (what I meant to say instead of apes) are able to become Zombies just by being (dead) around 115.

All evidence points to H*llhounds as being descendents from Fluffy. Therefore, their traits are hereditary, not contagious.

And yes, I have a moral obligation to never curse.

...but it's not a curse.

Anyway, you rectified the situation a bit more by correcting the whole "apes /=/ primates" thing.

I see where you're coming from, but how do we honestly know that? Heaven, NOR Hell or anything spiritual has been confirmed in Zombies, and neither has the fact that these things aren't zombie dogs.

Unless you can provide substantial evidence that they ARE indeed from Lucifer's domain itself, I can't see eye to eye with where you're coming from.

Okay, the word H*llhound does not literally mean dog from the Underworld, although it did once, and mythologically, that is correct. What I meant is the more casual definition, large, snarly, demonic-looking, beasts that can set on fire. They have no connection to anything religious. They are just a freak accident that spawned a whole population. They're essentially a unique breed of dog that shares many similarities with Zombies. But my main point is that that freak accident is different from a zombification process, which is unique to primates thus far.

MMX is correct. They are not "zombie dogs".

We know from the Der Riese radios that the Hellhound was born from Maxis and Richtofen teleporting Fluffy in test number 5 at Der Riese. I'm under the strong impression that the dog was sent to Aether, as you pass through Aether when teleporting with an MDT or Gersch Device. When the dog returns back to Der Riese during test number six, it arrives from an electrical energy and is in Hellhound form like we see in the maps. So technically, I'd think you could call em Aetherhounds :lol:

Whatever that is, it's certainly not reanimation simply due to 115.

EDIT: Back on topic. I really doubt (and hope) we don't see something like a giant mutated rat haha. I'd assume it's sort of just a reference to a disgusting beast of some sort that lives in the forest. Perhaps mutated beings, or "mutators". Perhaps these "mutators" can latch on to you and mutate you.

Rodents of unusual size? I don't think they exist.

Love that movie. The only good romance movie ever created.

Hell, maybe this quote unquote forest is the fire swamp? Certainly makes sense with lava all over the place.

Anyone ever played the games in the Gauntlet series? There are traps you have to dodge that just shoot a burst of fire from the ground. In the fire swamp in the movie, those are EVERYWHERE, hence the name fire swamp, I can inaginable them implementing that into zombies as an obstacle. I would want it to be more of a "hey bro it looks like you are running a train, let me cut you off for a sec" than a "hey bro DIE MOTHERF$&@ER!!!!!" if you know what I mean.

Something that latches on to you in a Forrest and no one thinks it exists...

Wow Im not thinking of slenderman right now he said sarcasticly...

First time I read the achievement I was like :shock: SOON. People always talk about bringing the Verrückt horror back. What better way than to bring our long-armed friend into the battlefield?

More on topic, it might simply be a nod towards "mutators", whatever those may be. That damn MrX!

Such a shame they changed it! I love screechers! I don't know why but it scared the crap out of me when I have first seen it! :3

You are thinking of a shrieker. This is a screecher but either way we cant talk about it.

I like to think that the denizens are werewolf's that follow you around in the forest slender man style until they jump out and latch on to you. Obviously there isn't any clues to say that they are werewolf's other than the fact it would be pretty scary and woods has a tattoo of a werewolf with 115 on it and I don't think they exist do they ? lol

Imagine something like this jumping out on you.

The thing that concerns me the most is the whole "latch" on to you bit...

So far, the crew looks like a L4D stunt double. The girl is like Zoey's doppelgänger just with more cleavage and hat. The dude with the glasses has almost the exact same shirt as Louis and from what I can tell, that third dude looks like Bill.

Don't tell me we're also going to see Treyarch's version of Jockey's as well.