The new crowd of zombies?

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah they're obviously going to suck I think we should boycott the game...

You three first.

:lol:

With all the supposition and negative views, it's hard for me to not feel a little dissapointed in this community.

We're supposed to be the Vanguard, but we sound like a bunch of whiny b*tches.

We talk all year about what should be changed what could be improved etc... then when 3ARC tries to incorporate some of OUR ideas we cry like a child who lost their lollipop. FFS

I'm optimistic about it. I'm just saying that this frightens a lot of people, myself included.

Didn't say I wasn't going to play it, but hopefully there will be other game modes introduced.

I'm all for change and renovation but this seems really drastic.

I was there from day one of Nazi-zombies, and I was in love with the mode from day one.

I'd hate to see what I've spent years playing/devoting myself to suddenly ruined because Treyarch is trying to make the mode as appealing as possible, which I'm not blaming them for or anything like that.

Some core aspects should be left alone is basically what I'm trying to say. But hopefully this 4v4 won't be a total wreck.

I'd NEVER 'boycott' zombies. Too much time and effort already spent by us as a community and hard work from Treyarch's part.

You three first.

With all the supposition and negative views, it's hard for me to not feel a little dissapointed in this community.

We talk all year about whatW should be changed what could be improved etc... then when 3ARC tries to incorporate some of OUR ideas we cry like a child who lost their lollipop. FFS

What ideas are they trying to incorporate that we auggested? Only thing i wanted was no host

migration and some old fashion zombie modes. Hopefullly itll happen :) im still planning on getting it anyways since

I really enjoyed the multiplayer and of course the zombies even if it isnt great. Also i hpe they fully test everything out aince bo was really glitchy at the start

But the 4 person co-op mode we all know is going to be unchanged. Sure they may have new bosses/perks/etc... just like always, but it will be our zombies.

That's why I don't get all the hate. Our main mode stays, this other stuff is just like fun little aside.

Think of the wager matches in Blops. They were a variant of MP, but completely different. They didn't change anything in the main MP mode, just added other stuff along side it.

Nobody I know stated blops MP sucked because of wager matches. Do you see what I'm saying?

DOA didn't hurt the main zombie mode, it just gave a little distraction.

As far as MP try-hards, maybe in the new modes, but once they get into a real zombies match they'll get clowned as "noobs" and leave or they'll learn and become a new zombie slayers worthy of CODz.

You three first.

We talk all year about whatW should be changed what could be improved etc... then when 3ARC tries to incorporate some of OUR ideas we cry like a child who lost their lollipop. FFS

What ideas are they trying to incorporate that we auggested? Only thing i wanted was no host

migration and some old fashion zombie modes. Hopefullly itll happen :) im still planning on getting it anyways since

I really enjoyed the multiplayer and of course the zombies even if it isnt great. Also i hpe they fully test everything out aince bo was really glitchy at the start

more than 4 player cap.

New/Objective based game modes

Run off the MP engine (host migration issues)

Possible "campaign" style spec op missions

4v4vZ mode

All of these ideas can be found right here at CODz if you go looking...

I was seriously just discussing this on Skype with the IC last night, although I was referring to the story, but I guess it applies to the gameplay as well.

Here is what I posted:

I feel like that since Zombies is getting into the spotlight more, they'll take the story into another direction.

They were so smart with the Vril-Ya and GK Nova backstories, that I'm afraid they'll take a more cliche approach, just to appease to zombies new audience.

It's seriously how I feel. GK Nova was probably one of the smartest and most thought out additions to any game. You actually had to delve into it to learn about.

Now I feel that this, and any other smart ideas like these would go to waste just because Treyarch want to appeal to the 'new' crowd.

This also applies to gameplay. I'll admit, I am a bit hesitant about all these new modes and upgraded mechanics. Though I guess that's human nature. We reject the unfamiliar. And if something aint broke, don't fix it.

That being said, I'm always willing to try new things. So I hope on Treyarch's, Nazi Zombies, and the community's behalf, that they have pulled it off.

All they said on behalf of the 4v4 mode was that it was 4v4. We don't even know whether it's player against player, or separated teams, or whatever it may be. We are just making assumptions solely based on the knowledge of it being 4v4. Sure, it's alright to be somewhat skeptical of this new addition to zombies, but I believe that would be more justified when we actually see gameplay, or if we knew anything else about it.

I for one like this new concept and believe it has great potential, if done right of course. Yes it will attract MP-try hards, but think of it in the long run. If more people play zombies, that means more money for zombies. And if there is more money, we get more of the things we like. Even if you don't like these new game modes, it'll still be okay. We have to lose a little to gain a lot.

I was seriously just discussing this on Skype with the IC last night, although I was referring to the story, but I guess it applies to the gameplay as well.

Here is what I posted:

I feel like that since Zombies is getting into the spotlight more, they'll take the story into another direction.

They were so smart with the Vril-Ya and GK Nova backstories, that I'm afraid they'll take a more cliche approach, just to appease to zombies new audience.

It's seriously how I feel. GK Nova was probably one of the smartest and most thought out additions to any game. You actually had to delve into it to learn about.

Now I feel that this, and any other smart ideas like these would go to waste just because Treyarch want to appeal to the 'new' crowd.

This also applies to gameplay. I'll admit, I am a bit hesitant about all these new modes and upgraded mechanics. Though I guess that's human nature. We reject the unfamiliar. And if something aint broke, don't fix it.

That being said, I'm always willing to try new things. So I hope on Treyarch's, Nazi Zombies, and the community's behalf, that they have pulled it off.

We are just going to have to trust Treyarch here. Fortunately, there is this guy called carbonfibah who makes sure that this forums are checked by 3arch, so hopefully they'll treat zombies right

Hey we deal with try-hards on MP and we manage to own them the vast majority of the time. So now that they're on our territory how much do you think they'll actually be able to do? Seriously we kill zombies in all ways, shape and form. So MP try-hards can come on into a zombies mode 4v4 and get a taste of this ass-whoopin no? You guys are too worried. Just relax zombies players shall inherit the ability to pwn non-zombies players.

You three first.

We talk all year about what should be changed what could be improved etc... then when 3ARC tries to incorporate some of OUR ideas we cry like a child who lost their lollipop. FFS

[brains] Completely agree!!!

So what if MP players come and play zombies, is it really that much of a problem/what is the problem may I ask?

Just saying most of the forum probably started as MP try-hard, otherwise we wouldn't have gotten into zombies in the first place. We are the people that have taken to it more.

It seems like an amazing idea, as Kill_All_Monkeys (love that name) said:

Yes it will attract MP-try hards, but think of it in the long run. If more people play zombies, that means more money for zombies. And if there is more money, we get more of the things we like. Even if you don't like these new game modes, it'll still be okay. We have to lose a little to gain a lot.

Anyway, if it's that much of an issue you don't have to revive them :twisted:

I have a feeling that these new zombie game modes are going to suck and the only people who will like it will be people who play multiplayer alot and dont ever play zombies. As long as the original game mode is there though its worth trying these new modes.

Won't that by definition mean that the people who play(ed) multiplayer a lot now be zombie fans?

I don't see what's the harm in coaxing the "other" side to join the best Call of Duty game mode. :P

Maybe the 4V4 mode won't have any perks and killstreaks. I hope so.

And honestly it actually has a good side. Since they now have zombies on their toes, they won't be able to bring in their MP tactics into the mode.

I for example, always play stealhty, trying to get into the enemy spawn, that won't help me in the new mode since the zombies will run after me and attract the enemy.

And then they might be interested in the actual 4 player coop mode and thus we might get a bunch of new people to play with.(Seeing how I can hardly get into matches on the WaW maps and even maps like CotD, this could be beneficial)