Should Treyarch make another WW2 era CoD game after BO2?

Nathan169

I am just tired of modern era Call of Duty games. Just don't tell me I have to go back and play the previous CoD games. It is just the same thing over and over. I believe treyarch should make another WW2 era game. Like sequel to W@W. In better graphics, gameplay, and sound. I don't care about the game engine is like 12 years old. It is still good. Something like improved to W@W. List of things:

Knife as a equipment

Lower firepower of MP40, DP-28, and STG44

Remove Matyrdom perk and Second chance perk

Improve more realistic sound of gunshot fires and many other things.

Polished Weapons *like in BO make it look new*

Allow two attachments without any perks needed

Allow to pick more ammo up without any perks needed

Prone Diving *of Course from BO*

Allow attachments for pistols

Add more WW2 era guns

Allow to pick boucing betties up like claymores if you want to move them for only yourself.

Lower range of bayoents by half.

Allow more attachments for all guns

Polish, graphics, and lighting improved much

More large maps and more WW2 era maps for zombies

This is all I think of improved World at War sequel. :)

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WW2 is my favorite subject in history, i could watch documentaries about it all day long. I would definitely buy a new WW2 call of duty.

Not being racist or anything, but how intense would Zombies be in a concentration camp?

How is a future shooter "Right now" ? Besides, it has been proven that history repeats itself, therefore WW2 could technically be the future aswell.

I'm glad someone other than me agrees. I personally love the WWII era, I learn more about each and every time I watch, read or look up anything and find it all very intriguing, personally. Modern stuff as really worn thin lately, it's all the same to me. Someone blows up New York or Los Angeles, peril in the streets and metro stations, buildings topple, air combat, etc. etc. It's all the same.

Anyhow, I've expressed several times in similar threads that I'd love to see WWII games from more of the German's point of view, and have them cover the Valkurie operations.

I would love to see a sequel to WaW, that would be amazing. WWII to me is always a very fascinating subject and there is so much that you can do with it. Plus you could take zombies back to its roots as well. ;)

But the problem I see here is that there are so many WWII shooters out there, just an absolute ton. While people like us would enjoy it immensely, I think many others would not, and see it as a pure money grab at WaW's glory. WWII has been done over and over and there is only so much that can be done.

I of course (and somewhat hope that) could be wrong, and they could make a sequel to WaW, as Infinity Ward did manage to churn out three modern warfares, 2 and 3 being very similar, yet both shattering sales records.

I'm sure if fans demanded it enough, we may see a return back to WWII.

Problem with WWII games is that... They've been done. True, not really on this generation of consoles, but the PS2 and original XBOX, pretty much all FPS's were WWII games. The time period did get pretty saturated, and it has only been the introduction of CoD4 that brought around meaningful innovation. Really now, we're with Modern Era games as we were 8 odd years ago with WWII games.

The problem is that modern era CoD games aren't mostly fun and interesting. We are already there you know what i mean? Like the guns and setting in present time. Its not fun to me at most. But if treyarch made CoD game that goes back to WW1 would be very interesting like i posted before in W@W section. Like high technology was not around but challenging, fun, and interesting. This is what i mean that treyarch should make another game based on WW2 or WW1 era. I don't care about the modern era. Its not my thing. Unless the game is fair enough for me.

I love all the old mwII codz 1,2,3,5,7.

My fav were no.3 waw and no.4 modern war1 purely because I play fps for the shooting and hunting down my nemesis and talking to your teammates to help clear areas out, now its to hard to stay together in the open and It's ruined the game chat because of it now nobody talks game plans or asks for help, its pretty much solo or sticking to buildings, I hate all the sh@t in the sky and how its made camping a permanent feature now, and how you can't control an area unless you have the killstreaks.. I got banned from xbox live for 24hours on cod4 Just because I was so good and people filed a bullsht complaint not because I was camping for killstreaks, but because I always ended up in the 30's and trust me I don't hide I'm usually the first over the enemy line straight down the middle into all the sh!t.

So as an answer yes I would love to see some old war again but I think if these modernised games went back to basics and just focused on the shooting not all the toys I think they would do a much better job and appeal to a bigger market still, I just don't bother playing cod online anymore as I don't enjoy :roll::cry::roll:

Problem nowadays is that everything is a bit too cliche. A few years ago, it was all about WW games, now it's modern/futuristic.

American civil war just wouldn't work IMO. Not enough technology to really offer a wide range of weapons/attachments/perks, and virtually zero killstreaks, IMO.

If you want an American Civil War game, wait for Assassin's Creed 3 to come out later this year.

WW2 is my favorite subject in history, i could watch documentaries about it all day long. I would definitely buy a new WW2 call of duty.

Not being racist or anything, but how intense would Zombies be in a concentration camp?

How is a future shooter "Right now" ? Besides, it has been proven that history repeats itself, therefore WW2 could technically be the future aswell.

Zombies in a concentration camp could be a bit of a touchy subject for perhaps some people, but I'm sure they wouldn't exclude it. And by the way, talking about intensity in zombies in concentration camps isn't racist, it would be classified as a "tentative issue" :)

I wouldn't mind a WW2 era game, but they would have to come up with some seriously innovative stuff to get people to buy it.

I also want a farther back than WW2 game as well. I know it probably won't happen, but Civil War, or even WW1.

I think WWII games are a little too cliche. I really wanna see a game that takes place during the American Civil War. That would be LEGIT ;) what do you guys think?

Sure Civil War would be interesting, until you have to take 5 minutes to reload.

They would find some way around that.

I'm sure they could, that would just irritate a lot of people though. Despite the fact that the recent cods weren't meant to be realistic with gameplay, that apparently is still a major concern for many of the players. And they are very adamant about it, too.

If you do research on WW1, you will see more details that what that war was like. I did research a long time ago. But I did know there is more than just trench warfare. There was wars in large grasslands and forests. Some cities in ruins where battles was fought. During 1917 Russian Revolution, Lenin Communist overthrows republic government. And ends battle with germans with treaty. The civil war in Russia lasted from 1918 to 1921.

It was a fierce civil war between Lenin and few different governments who wanted to rule russia. Of course, why not Treyarch would make a CoD game based on WW1 with Russian revolution and the civil war in russia.

This would be a big hit since W@W. I did make a post on WW1, here is the link http://callofdutyzombies.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=20453. Check it out, you will see what i did researched on weapons during WW1. There was submachines and Semi auto rifles during WW1 era. ;)

I think WWII games are a little too cliche. I really wanna see a game that takes place during the American Civil War. That would be LEGIT ;) what do you guys think?

Sure Civil War would be interesting, until you have to take 5 minutes to reload.

They would find some way around that.

History channel made a civil war game several years ago (2006?) that was pretty good. The reloading made you feel vulnerable but still did't take TOO long. CoD wouldn't work with Civil War era though.

• 4 weeks later...

I feel you man I like the older weapons it seems like all the new ones are too similar.

The Korean War I don't think has ever been depicted in a game, at least no AAA titles.

They could do a Vietnam game that starts in the 50's with French Occupation.

Although a WWII game set entirely in the Pacific and Africa would be pretty cool too.

Ok, i would LOVE survival mode for a WW2 game, second, i think bayonet range is find. Also, i dont think they should have straight up 2 attachments, the perk would be needed because of grenade launchers or bayonets.

For campaign they should do like French resistance, America in the Pacific (Guadalcanal, Tarawa, Iwo Jima), Britian in Africa, some European missions like D-day, and bastonge.

• 9 months later...