What can your team do for you?

"Ask not what your country can do for you, but ask what you cam do for your country" - JFK

I say why not both.

Unless you are putting together a Silentcrisis video how many peole want to play a game to have 30 revives?

I want a team that is willing to play together. Camping together for me is the most fun. I never liked running separate trains.

I want a team thats unselfish. NO matter who gets credit for the kill or who opened the doors. In a team where our main goal is to survive, with the guys we have.

I want a team that appreciates one another, and know full well that if one goes down, the rest of team will do everything in their power to revive.

Almost everyone on my PS3 list fit the profile, with a few exceptions. I have been in too many teams where people take turns gathering points. I never understood being in the trenches with someone who worry more about their points and kills than your well being.

What is your dream team? If you are Batman what do you want in your Robin?

P.S. On round 25 max spawn someone goes down PLEASE STOP FIRING and lure the train away so someone else can go revive. I do not know why its not common knowledge or common practice.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a very good post. Reviving each other is the most important and challenging aspect of co-op team games. However knowing what needs to be done to survive the round if you know you will eventually die trying to revive your teammate is also important and is a key to meet your target. As Jay pointed "STOP FIRING' when you are about to revive the downed player while the other player collects should be a common knowledge. Also another point missed is sometimes a player that just went down takes out all the zombies just because he is angry and wants to takes revenge on those zombies ;) I am guilty of doing as some of the people. My favorite person to play is someone that discusses their target and strategy before hand and communicates effectively. I am fortunate I am friends with Chopper, Eye, 5and5, Savage, Phxntxm, Doggy and some other good players who already know how to deal when shit goes south. It would be magical and thrilling if we can play 6 player games instead of 4 but I understand its down sides.

A good team-mate is someone who when playing on 48 on Ascension, and knows that you really have to get to 50 tonight for multiple reasons clutches the entire round, and then holds a crawler after you had to go and settle your baby.

When they had pretty much no warning.

Thanks Mr way2g00. Like way I'm fortunate to have many good slaying friends from this site.

Too many to have in one match which is a real shame.

A good team-mate is someone who when playing on 48 on Ascension, and knows that you really have to get to 50 tonight for multiple reasons clutches the entire round, and then holds a crawler after you had to go and settle your baby.

Thanks Mr way2g00. Like way I'm fortunate to have many good slaying friends from this site.

Too many to have in one match which is a real shame.

--

@Chopper, That was nothing man, you know everyone has their duties and obligations.

Going back to the topic I forgot to mention how much I loved camping in zombies. That was my favorite thing to do until one day I saw this person single handedly slaying all the zombies after carrying us multiple rounds. All the other players left the game because they got impatient of him clutching the game. But Camping in alley by kino was my favorite thing to do. It still is but its painful in later rounds when ammo starts running dry. With 2-3 players I still camp by double tap in verrukt and dominate till round 20 - 25. After that we open the door and do the most boring thing. Run entire map loops and use traps.

My dream team is either:

a) Me and hands and 2 super dumb randoms, that never leave, and that you have to revive in really difficult situations.

or

B) me and 3 epic pro's, while doing a certain challenge, such as first room.

or

c) me and hands while doing a high round attempt.

Sorry, but I DONT want a certain team. When I play with randoms, I WANT the surprise. When I'm going for something serious, I wanna play with chosen people.

Unless you are putting together a Silentcrisis video how many peole want to play a game to have 30 revives?

My dream team is either:

a) Me and hands and 2 super dumb randoms, that never leave, and that you have to revive in really difficult situations.

If you ever on PS3 I'm your man.

A good teammate gets you to 50 as you down 15 times (way2g00), plays 2 Man's Land with you until you're killing yourself with grenades (Phxntxm), revives the entire team multiple times (Savage), and plays a game with you that inspired you to become a bigger part of CoDz- Ascension 35, perfect game. (Chopper).

These are my anecdotes, and I look forward to gaining many more in the coming months. Thank you, thank you all.

I concur. Just had a game with him with my daughter screaming for me to go to sleep with her. He held back the laughters to keep a serious game going. I have done numerous embarrassing things but that was bad. Thanks man. Class act.

There are only 3 main thing I look for in a team mate:

1. Do they have a general understanding of how to play.

2. Do they listen and have a want to get better.

3. Do they have a desire to continue playing.

I do not like playing with any one who doesnt have all three of these thing.

I understand the appeal of getting high rounds, really I do, but I also think there's something to be said for just having a good time. You can be the most skilled person in the group, but if you're just barking orders and yelling at every little mistake, you're just making everybody miserable. Pft on that.

So generally, attitude is more important to me than any level of skill or anything. I'm also a total storyline/characterization person, so anyone willing to put up with my "wait, wait what did he say!?" is also totally awesome in my book. :D

As Tom said, him and myself with a couple of newbies is always a laugh, especially on Moon, as long as they don't leave and just at least co-operate a little with teleporters and stuff.

For high rounds, just him and myself. Though, I know we are both capable of going to any round we want in most cases, I feel like I hold us back sometimes because I just lose the will to live after round 60 :lol: Treyarch, we want a pause function in co-op for the next game, please ;)

As Tom also mentioned, 4 player challenges would be epic.

Chopper says he is getting Black Ops for PC when he gets back to the UK soon... Superhands, Tom, 5and5 and Chopper doing fun challenges, that sounds good to me ;)

I understand the appeal of getting high rounds, really I do, but I also think there's something to be said for just having a good time. You can be the most skilled person in the group, but if you're just barking orders and yelling at every little mistake, you're just making everybody miserable. Pft on that.

So generally, attitude is more important to me than any level of skill or anything. I'm also a total storyline/characterization person, so anyone willing to put up with my "wait, wait what did he say!?" is also totally awesome in my book. :D

This is a very touchy subject and I felt the need to address this issue.

I recently met someone who I thought I know from the forum. I also had a few old friends in the lobby including forum mate. So during a so called road to round whatever (4 players)- speed run I started discussing what our strategies should be. This person mistakenly thought I was marching orders and he left the lobby as soon as the game ended prematurely because everyone died. It was my friends first game after long long time so I was dictating (in friendly way) everything to him that needs to be done so we don't end up doing separate things, But he is an average player. But things went bad since none of had juggernaut and every one died. My forum mate left the game, really!? He replied to me later saying you guys are such pros and you died at round 8.

One think that bothers me the most is when someone is not a team player. Believe me, I have played countless (just messing around) games and I have not spoken a word and just let things go as they come. But when we do a specific challenge or trying to meet a target I make sure everyone is on the same page. I hate when things go south and people repeatedly do same mistakes over and over again. Ex: two people coming to revive the same person is just a disaster and could lead to more downs. All I ask is if you have a plan, lets discuss it and if you don't you better follow mine or get the fcuk out.

Chopper says he is getting Black Ops for PC when he gets back to the UK soon... Superhands, Tom, 5and5 and Chopper doing fun challenges, that sounds good to me ;)

Dream team? With all four members of the triple crown club? Who would take lead?

BTW way such an easy going person hard to imagine not getting along with him.

Dream team? With all four members of the triple crown club? Who would take lead?

I don't even think we'd need a leader, we're all similar kinds of players. All love to go get our Bowie/Sickle first and foremost; all hate slow rounds unless absolutely necessary and prefer to just blast through with M&S, Ray Gun, whatever; all like to seperate and run our own areas. Normally one player has a thought, asks the team and the team agrees, or someone says "how about we do this instead?" and the other members of the team say which they prefer ;)

Genrally my dream team will include people with good senses of humor (all of the bronies especially Phxntxm) someone who is chill (way and silentcrisis AKA mike) and someone who is willing to go balls to the walls to get past a round for the betterment of the team (from what i have heard, chopper is like this, but i havent played with him... yet)

PS: im sorry Jay, i just have not found the time to play a game with you yet, id like to play one soon :D

PSS: Eye is ofcourse, also part of this list, for being one of the coolist guys i have met on the site ;) cheers dude

PS: im sorry Jay, i just have not found the time to play a game with you yet, id like to play one soon.

No problem man, I see you have been trying hard on NML.

Plus anyone that ever played with me will tell you that you are smart for shying away from me.

To borrow a line from Superhand, cheers dude.

Genrally my dream team will include people with good senses of humor (all of the bronies especially Phxntxm) someone who is chill (way and silentcrisis AKA mike)

PS: im sorry Jay, i just have not found the time to play a game with you yet, id like to play one soon :D

I can be either of the two, depending on my mood. :D

We should get into a game sometime too. ;)

BTW way such an easy going person hard to imagine not getting along with him.

Me part of a dream team? Thanks Jay that put a smile on my face :D

And your totally right about Way from the first time I met him he was only nice to me.

And your totally right about Way from the first time I met him he was only nice to me.

Except last weekend when we were at round 39 (shang) and I went down after I revived you in AK room, I was all serious and crying out loud "whatever happens DO NOT go down", I am shocked you pulled it off and survived and then after 15 minutes you went down because of a stupid shreiker. This Saturday we shall finish our quest for 50 my friend. I watched the video later was laughing out loud how serious I sound when I game. Here's a clip...Enjoy.

http://twitch.tv/mwa2012/b/315879353

This is a very touchy subject and I felt the need to address this issue.

I recently met someone who I thought I know from the forum. I also had a few old friends in the lobby including forum mate. So during a so called road to round whatever (4 players)- speed run I started discussing what our strategies should be. This person mistakenly thought I was marching orders and he left the lobby as soon as the game ended prematurely because everyone died. It was my friends first game after long long time so I was dictating (in friendly way) everything to him that needs to be done so we don't end up doing separate things, But he is an average player. But things went bad since none of had juggernaut and every one died. My forum mate left the game, really!? He replied to me later saying you guys are such pros and you died at round 8.

One think that bothers me the most is when someone is not a team player. Believe me, I have played countless (just messing around) games and I have not spoken a word and just let things go as they come. But when we do a specific challenge or trying to meet a target I make sure everyone is on the same page. I hate when things go south and people repeatedly do same mistakes over and over again. Ex: two people coming to revive the same person is just a disaster and could lead to more downs. All I ask is if you have a plan, lets discuss it and if you don't you better follow mine or get the fcuk out.

There is a huge difference between discussing and barking orders. Proposing a strategy, listening to feedback, adjusting, and getting confirmation is teamwork. Telling people what to do at every turn is just rude. Like I said, it's an attitude issue. I've never played with you, so I can't speak to your experience, but you seem nice enough on the forums that it sounds like your friend maybe overreacted. Maybe he just didn't like your plan.

For instance, on Shangri-la with randoms, it can be really frustrating to try to pack a punch. At some point, someone is going to have to ask the team to go stand on the switches and, oftentimes, leave a crawler. There's a huge difference between:

- Hey guys, please leave a crawler end of this round. I need to upgrade my guns.

- Don't kill the last effin' zombie.

or

- I'd like to pack a punch, can you guys get on the switches?

- Hey, dumbass, stand on that thing.

This is just one example, but yeah. You can plan and lead and all that good stuff and still be respectful to the other people. Again, I'm sure you are from what I can tell of you, and I'm not trying to imply that anybody here acts like that, but it does happen.

I have had trouble disagreeing with much of your opinions, Mr wolf. You have carried yourself in a very presentable form and much respect.

Way2g00 has been a class act all along and many users on this site will concur with me. I can't imagine anyone getting under his skins.

It's been great to have both of you gentlemen on this site sharing your opinions.

I try and help the team in anyway I can, and since i don't have many zombie killing friends, I tend play alongside some pretty decent randoms. I generally act as medic, do my best to avoid people who like trains, and generally try to keep everyone alive, I may not have leadership qualities, but I will revive you ONE way or another. I offer advice on where to get Jug, actually got in the game and someone didnt know where it was, and even tell them about the storyline. But most cases I just have fun... although I'm guilty of being competitive, mainly in a good team, and its painful when you get all four perks, then after earning them get down five seconds later. It used to happen with speed cola, I'd get jug, be fine, get speed cola, and get down. Still everyone gets angry at times.

Although if I revive you a rediculous amount of times, I do to an extent expect the same but it depends on the circumstances.

Some of the best teams I've been in, are ones where you always have someone to cover your back, it's saved me a few times, and those I play alongside.

And if you are interested in going on Der Riese (My favourite map) then my xbox gamertag is STOTTINMAD. I'm on rarely due to exams, I'm no pro though, just generally average I think.