Which gameplay is better W@W or BO?

The gameplay in W@W zombies is horrible. I mean if you get hit by a zombie, you get pulled back or you cant move when you get hit. Windmilling zombies is the worst. Even health on juggernog is lower than BO version. Guns are great and the best ever. But hard to get higher rounds than 29. In Solo, you cant revive your self. You cant Prone dive too. You cant jump over a crawler. You cant crawl when you are downed. The reason why i am still playing W@W zombies is the old guns from the mystery box.

The gameplay in BO zombies is great. You can prone dive, jump over a crawler. No windmilling zombies. No hits from a zombie that gets you pulled back (except lagging) or you cant move when you get hit. You can crawl while youre downed. In solo you can revive your self. Juggernog is no problem. Extremely easy to go past 29 rounds. BO guns in mystery box in W@W maps (really treyarch?). Putting BO guns in W@W maps make no sense at all. I dont mind about putting new perks in W@W maps. It can improve the chances to survive anyways. But still why treyarch put the BO guns in the box? Treyarch can do better than that.. Why not adding W@W guns that was never been in zombies before. it will be great.

Edit: I saying about the GAMEPLAY not about maps like guns or something like that...

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The windmilling isn't bad about it. You just have to avoid the zombies more. The REAL bad part is the zombies kinda grab you, and it's hard to get away from them. Juggernog is not weaker. That is a total lie. You can't really kite in WaW (which makes it cool), but honestly there isn't a huge difference aside from some improvements in BO, like dive to prone, moving while downed, etc.

So, ya. I don't think one is really better than the other.

I have more fun playing world at war for some reason.

Personally I think the 24 zombies per round for Nacht and Verruckt really balances those maps well since they are both still challenging. Also as you say the WWII weapons are kick ass.

I don't know what you mean by zombie hits pulling you back, this never happens to me, in fact WAW zombies tend to let you squeeze through gaps whereas BO zombies would close line you in the same situation. Double slap happens in BO same as WAW (more on some BO maps). Juggernog has exactly the same properties in WAW as in BO (eg four consecutive hits kills you), however the bowie knife was nerfed in Black Ops and you can actually use it for a one hit kill for about 2 extra rounds in WAW. As far as getting to high rounds goes, I have got as high as 115 in Nacht and 1337 in Shi No Numa on WAW and I can tell you I would never get that high in Black Ops on the same maps.

The one major annoyance in WAW zombies is the Wunderwaffe in Der Riese which takes away the effect of Jug if you get any splash damage which makes it impractical in WAW as opposed to BO where they fixed this (but reduced number of rounds)

I think the 'mechanics' of the game is what we're talking about here, the gameplay would include maps and weapons.

But yeah, I voted Black Ops, the way you get stuck on zombies is really annoying and it makes knifing really dangerous. You can still kite though I dunno where people get the idea that you can't, you just have to be more cautious so that you don't brush too close. Sprint-jumping often helps you avoid getting stuck to the zombies.

• 2 weeks later...

BO gameplay is way better and i am just happy that the original maps were released with BO's movement of the character. It's also a good thing i started playing zombies with black ops becasue i would have never got the hang of zombies if i had started in WAW. One more thing, i always seem to get stuck in WAW on small objects or the wall which is a pain in the ass.

• 3 weeks later...

Gameplay wise, BO beats WAW hands down, easier dodging (imo) and jug felt like it took less hits. Also, besides all the new gameplay mechanics that trearch added, it seems like the zombies used to grab you in WAW (and in the early patches of BO but atleast they fixed it). And I think we can all agree that the guns in WAW were awesome, but the dg3 took jug and you could easily down yourself with the ray gun (I still play WAW just for the ppsh, that gun is amazing). Overall, I think BO wins, mostly because by the time it came out trearch had had alot of practice making the game, as well as a better engine to build off of.

Although WaW had a better atmosphere to it, Black Ops had an overall, more polished feel. there was a lot less glitches and random happenings and all that mojo. Whether the WaW maps are better or not is another question. Personally, my favourite map is Shangri-La. Just 'cause I love how completely different the atmosphere is to every other map. It's sunny, and green, and bright. I love it :D