Moon Vs Ascension, which is easier solo?

[tab][/tab]So after reading the various guides on here about the maps, and about solo play (and Superhands recently released guide) I have decided I want to set a goal to reach 50+ on a map solo, just to do it. I am having trouble trying to figure out the better of the two maps for solo play though. Here is what I have come up with as pro's and con's for both maps.

Ascension!

Pro's

Traps

Possibility of more than 4 perks

Thunder Gun

Super easy running locations

Max Ammo Rounds

Con's

Possibility of losing perks.

Normal start.

Moon

Pro's

Possibility of MS, Jug, and Tons of points at round 1.

Many easy running spots

Max Ammo's on demand

Cheap Upgraded Wall gun Ammo.

Con's

Astronaut zombie.

Excavators (somewhat)

So I am not really sure which is easier, but I think I might be leaning towards Moon ever so slightly. Losing perks in Ascension could be bad, MS is beast, and if I lose focus and flopper goes without my noticing that could be horrible. Jug, Quick revive, Flopper, and Mule Kick are all at fairly decent distances from each other, and my preferred running area is the MPL room, (although I have not done that higher than 27 solo.) so if I were to go there I would not open the bottom door, which would separate quick revive, and jug, making protecting both difficult. Moon's main issue's are the excavator, and the Astronaut. The excavators can be easily handled. By hording behind you, sprinting there, and going back through the opposite tunnel. The astro can be a pain if he ends up in the labs however during this. What do you guys think the easier of the two is?

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd go with Moon. Ascension becomes boring and dull quickly. Something about the Wave Gun makes Moon enticing. Keep QEDs for the astronaut. You don't necessarily need Gersches. If you get a drop just run kill your wave and you should have enough time to hack (with Speed Cola). Personally, I'd go with Shangri-La. :P

Shangri-la. Fun. Not as fun as Nacht though! Who needs PaP and Jug and Quick Revive. NOT ME! :twisted: I AM THE BEST!!!! :twisted:

No. Of course not. Just trying 30 with Mlindy, Ghostknight (sir NotAppearingInThisForum) and Krazy cookies was difficult enough. We tried me and mlindy, me, mlindy, and Krazy, and all four of us and the highest we got was 18 (which was interestingly enough the match with 4 of us, and about 2 rounds after we accidentally ruined the upstairs camping spot by accidentally clearing the barrier when trying to repair the window.) It was fun though.

I hardly ever play solo anymore, I use to do it when I first got BO but now i only play solo to look at Easter eggs.(although I want to try that prone challenge on nacht.

I you are good I would say moon as it has really big open spaces although I could never stick going to high rounds on solo I would get so board and lonely :(

In my mind, Kino is the easiest, with multiple rape training spots. But that wasnt up there, sooo...

Ascension. Got to 12 on first attempt, I normally get to the mid teens-early twentys, so far my highest is 26. I havnt played ascension in over a month though, I usually only play Kino and NDU.

Im going to play ascension tonight or tomorrow and try to beat my record. 8-)

Why I think its easier: (And yes, I have played moon multiple times, at friends' houses)

Two words: Rape central. As stated above, gotten to 26 just running trains around here, and you all know Im not the greatest zombies player. Its also a huge map, so if youre not going around rape central, you will almost always have an escape route.

I actually came to conclude that Kino is up there with those two in being the easiest map.

Kino's only downside is no Flopper, which kind of reduces MS capabilities, but it does not have the con's of either map, and it has the pros of traps, and max ammo rounds. It has the thundergun, and many nice running spots, and an easy full map circle. Der Riese sadly has too many con's as there is no flopper, and the Dogs mid round can be painful. It can be worked around, but it can not be the easiest map because of that, and the lack of a full spawn killing WW.

I actually came to conclude that Kino is up there with those two in being the easiest map.

Kino's only downside is no Flopper, which kind of reduces MS capabilities, but it does not have the con's of either map, and it has the pros of traps, and max ammo rounds. It has the thundergun, and many nice running spots, and an easy full map circle. Der Riese sadly has too many con's as there is no flopper, and the Dogs mid round can be painful. It can be worked around, but it can not be the easiest map because of that, and the lack of a full spawn killing WW.

Not so sure about that mate, Kino is simple on paper but I'm sure most people who have gone for a really high run on it would have found it quite a bit more difficult than Moon and Ascension.

The problem mainly is slow spawn speed, which requires a longer time to get high and more concentration. The gas zombies are a pain and there is less space than both Ascension and Moon. You don't have Gersches either which is a huge part of getting ammo back, when you've been spamming the Thunder.

On topic I think Ascension is easier. Well placed traps, a monkey round and some dream kiting areas make it so. The thing moon has in it's favour is a wonder weapon with massive ammo and ability to get ammo whenever you want. But it has the excavators and astronaut.

I say Ascension. Here's why:

1. It has the thundergun, which has more spread than the wave gun. This means if you get in a jam it is more likely to save you.

2. The flopper platform. This is the most basic kiting spot in all of zombies, a giant square. You can pretty much run it while eating, sleeping, talking, or playing with your eyes closed.

3. Traps. If you run out of ammo you can use the traps to take out a horde, instead of having to rely on getting a drop and then hacking it.

4. Monkeys. Every 4 or 5 rounds you get to skip an entire round because of monkeys. They also give you a free max ammo.

5. Nice and simple. You don't have to worry about excavators, cosmonauts, NML, or lack of air outside. It is pretty cut and dry and is also easier to recover on if you go down.

On solo, definitely Ascension. As posted above, the lander area outside Flopper is a rape train DREAM location. MP5k ammo withing touching distance, traps VERY close by, and trust me, once you get to round 30+, you will NEED that Thunder Gun. Also, there is a very simple way to protect both Quick Revive AND Jugg. All you need to do is open the UPSTAIRS door for getting to the power etc. and just open the first door downstairs so you can get to Jugg. Then, when the monkeys come, set yourself up by Quick Revive, and watch as all the monkeys effectively come to you! They cannot spawn inside so they can only come at you. Also, if your worried about Flopper, if you run an unPaP MP5k after round 20, and just keep buying more ammo, you can rack up tens of thousands of points! I got an easy round 50 this way!

As for Mule Kick... Well I always suggest NOT using it on solo... It slows down weapon changing speed, and it gives you the risk of losing your Thunder Gun every 4-5 rounds... Not worth it in my opinion... Run QR, Jugg, Stamin-Up, Flopper/Speed Cola (Speed after round 30 or so when when MS and Ray get ineffective), and you will be sorted!

Hope I helped!

-Jolteon

On solo, definitely Ascension. As posted above, the lander area outside Flopper is a rape train DREAM location. MP5k ammo withing touching distance, traps VERY close by, and trust me, once you get to round 30+, you will NEED that Thunder Gun. Also, there is a very simple way to protect both Quick Revive AND Jugg. All you need to do is open the UPSTAIRS door for getting to the power etc. and just open the first door downstairs so you can get to Jugg. Then, when the monkeys come, set yourself up by Quick Revive, and watch as all the monkeys effectively come to you! They cannot spawn inside so they can only come at you. Also, if your worried about Flopper, if you run an unPaP MP5k after round 20, and just keep buying more ammo, you can rack up tens of thousands of points! I got an easy round 50 this way!

As for Mule Kick... Well I always suggest NOT using it on solo... It slows down weapon changing speed, and it gives you the risk of losing your Thunder Gun every 4-5 rounds... Not worth it in my opinion... Run QR, Jugg, Stamin-Up, Flopper/Speed Cola (Speed after round 30 or so when when MS and Ray get ineffective), and you will be sorted!

Hope I helped!

-Jolteon

Sorry, I am just picky...

-You dont NEED the Thundergun. Round 50 without it is still pretty easy, just a little slower. (Can be dramatically sped up by using Flopper Train Spot, and Claymore Train spots, and abusing both traps respectively)

-You COULD just keep Jugg Shut the entire game and not have to protect it at all (You might have to go to 15-20ish without it though, but you could end up with it on round 7)

-If the above is done, Mule Kick is awsome on Solo. Just dont have any important guns as your 3rd slot. (unless you want to make things interesting)

-Once a really high round is achieved, I would just not use Mule Kick at all, without the T-Gun (unless you only had a wall gun as your 3rd weapon, then by all means...)

-When I go for high rounds, I go out of my way to keep Jugg shut, and Make Revive Dissapear.

AScension is pretty much the easiest map in existence. Bar none.

Moon is easy, if you are running the Dome. In the dome its like you dont even have to try. Moon is still more fun though, because its not just circles (unless you want it to be)

After reading the Kino comments, I must say it is an easy map as well. Gotta be in the top 3. On Kino, a good strategy I have seen is just looping the map with a wall gun, Occasionally spray for points (stay above 30,000, just for safety) and just hit traps as you go. By the time a loop is done, the traps should be recharged for another use. This is the fastest I have seen for 45+ rounds. (Dont use this if you want a high KIll Count)

EDIT: I saw mentioned, the Slow Spawn on Moon, while in the Dome. I have noticed this, and recently realized that less zombies will spawn from those far off windows in the Labs if you start each spawn at the far-back sections of the Dome (Near Flopper, or where the 3 paths converge near there) It may have just been coincidence, but whenever I stayed in these areas, the few straggler zombies never seemed to come, they all appeared pretty close to me (Full horde in 15-20 seconds, pretty much)

In my mind, Kino is the easiest, with multiple rape training spots. But that wasnt up there, sooo...

WHS.

But it's down to the individual. Some people find Ascension the easiest. Some find Moon the easiest. Some find Moon the hardest. Different strokes for different folks. Personally, for me, Kino is the easiest map to date, with Verruckt a close second. While Moon I find the hardest of all the maps, that's not to say I dislike playing it, it's one of my favourite maps, I just find it difficult.

• 2 weeks later...