A Zombie Trilogy v.III [NOW IN VIDEO]

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes he did at the beginning you see a ball of green light and then Stu says "How did you do that", it would appear Richtofen now possesses the ability to manipulate time and space to a certain extent. Whether this is because he is now a part of the Aether or its because he is a part of the Aether and what we did on on the previous maps with the Golden Rod and the Egg and all gave him that capability, I cannot say.

I will say it seems that the Aether is causing Richtofen's mind to deteriorate extremely fast. He already had some mental problems with hearing voices before his work with 115, then when he began with that it made the situation worse. Now it seems he is becoming even worse more like his voice is becoming that of a zombie.

At the moment since we don't know the Easter Egg yet on Die Rise we can't make a conclusion as to his objective he wants them to complete here. But until we do it, it would seem he plans to make us restart. BTW guys everyone keeps saying they all say Deja-vu, so far I have only heard Stu show any signs of remembering being in these places. Stu being the one who can hear Richtofen and who has eaten "The Flesh".

Edit: and of course MMX ninja'd me and the site didn't tell me a new post had been posted when I submitted this. lolz

Argh....the names come out of the woodwork. It's like a family reunion (& I'm the brother you never knew you had)

@ Rissole & Mix,

I think your both correct. It's similar to a game of grief where you are respawned until you complete the task. (Side Quest) then Richtofen will whizz you off to the next map. But what happens if you do Maxis' quest?

I would also like to bring this up. Any takers?

4. Note the location. Its not Green Run nor Nuketown

5. It seems to be the Colorado/New Mexico Border?

Argh....the names come out of the woodwork. It's like a family reunion (& I'm the brother you never knew you had)

@ Rissole & Mix,

I think your both correct. It's similar to a game of grief where you are respawned until you complete the task. (Side Quest) then Richtofen will whizz you off to the next map. But what happens if you do Maxis' quest?

I would also like to bring this up. Any takers?

4. Note the location. Its not Green Run nor Nuketown

5. It seems to be the Colorado/New Mexico Border?

well... i superimposed your maps over top of each other. the artwork map is slightly skewed as it is artwork. i lined them up best i could, it seems the dot is actuall in central or slightly north west colorado.

I think either (A) that's taking the artwork too literally or (B) they simply drove with the Bus Driver there before leaving for whatever reason

So guys. We need to work out the timeframe of this again. '60's or future? Green Run says '60's. Die Rise says future.

i tend to think we are taking the art to literally.

Guys, we have a problem. Nuketown and Moon HAVE to have happened in the '60's. Green Run and Great Leap Forward HAVE to have happened past 1996. How.... what.... this doesn't make sense...

well that seems to agree with the die rise loading screens assumed timeline. nuketown at bottom of the pile, then green run is inserted before the die rise page on top, then on the right there is possibly a clue to the next map.

• Administrators

Guys, we have a problem. Nuketown and Moon HAVE to have happened in the '60's. Green Run and Great Leap Forward HAVE to have happened past 1996. How.... what.... this doesn't make sense...

Why? Why does Green Run have to of happened past 1996? I understand Great Leap Forward, but why Green Run?

• Administrators

Yes, this is true. How does the effect anything with Green Run though? I'm so confused. So we have the world nuked in the 60's. Moon and Nuketown occurred during the bombing. Therefore Green Run could happen on January 1, 1970, and still be post-nukes, and Great Leap Forward is 1996 and still post-nukes. That's an exaggeration on Green Run's part clearly, but I don't understand where it is implied that a nuke went off thirty years later.

Yes, this is true. How does the effect anything with Green Run though? I'm so confused. So we have the world nuked in the 60's. Moon and Nuketown occurred during the bombing. Therefore Green Run could happen on January 1, 1970, and still be post-nukes, and Great Leap Forward is 1996 and still post-nukes. That's an exaggeration on Green Run's part clearly, but I don't understand where it is implied that a nuke went off thirty years later.

i tend to agree, im confused as well.

It is impossible for the Jin Mao Tower to have been constructed in the late '90's if the world had been nuked. Even if they somehow survived, they would not have had the manpower necessary to create such a superstructure. The entire world was nuked at the same time. Green Run and Nuketown dictate that it happened in the '60's, and that is why the place was never really progressed. Great Leap Forward dictate that it happened in the future, and that is why all the technology is present.

If you think the world was nuked in the '60's, how was the Jin Mao Tower constructed? How was color TV popularized so much? How was a city full of skyscrapers in Shanghai constructed? How were flatscreen computer monitors invented? I could go on.

• Administrators

It is impossible for the Jin Mao Tower to have been constructed in the late '90's if the world had been nuked. Even if they somehow survived, they would not have had the manpower necessary to create such a superstructure. The entire world was nuked at the same time. Green Run and Nuketown dictate that it happened in the '60's, and that is why the place was never really progressed. Great Leap Forward dictate that it happened in the future, and that is why all the technology is present.

If you think the world was nuked in the '60's, how was the Jin Mao Tower constructed? How was color TV popularized so much? How was a city full of skyscrapers in Shanghai constructed? How were flatscreen computer monitors invented? I could go on.

Well now that you explained yourself, you are making more sense. Because we have a literal 1996 date, if we are going to rethink anything it'd have to be Nuketown and Moon I suppose. :/

Not really here to expand and delve into the story of zombies and the theories youve stated rather than to simply say, THIS IS F***IN AWESOME haha, I've always considered myself relatively inquistitive as to wanting to understand things and zombies which I love has always eluded me story wise as I came into the game rather late, Black ops was the first zombie I played. I just wanted to say that though obviously there is still much debate over the exact nature of the story this thread that you and others have contributed offers a very plausible and intriguing story of all thats occured in zombies...So props to you and your fellow contributers as that was an awesome read and I'm excited to play more zombies now with a better understanding and eagerness to do easter eggs more thorughly...Thanks Murder... :D

one thing is for sure, kind of. the jin mao towers build date.

another for sure thing is the since 1996 poster.

now does treyarch mean for us to think this is the jin mao tower or did they just use that as a model. i think regardless of this, it's hard to believe a skyscraper such as this was built pre 1970's...plus the poster gives us a definitve time

secondly we need to verify that the damage we see in die rise is actually from nukes or something like meteors, we DO see meteors falling while playing.

maybe earth got nuked in the 60's, people recovered, jin mao was built, the world progressed on schedule, and here we are post 1996 and meteor's are destroying earth....maybe.

eta: i think it's much more likely meteor damage we are witnessing. MUCH more. I don't even want to get into the fact that a nuke makes 1 big hole, topples buildings from impact in a circular pattern and OTOH meteors put holes everywhere (like seen in die rise)

just look at the loading screen, we are not seeing a tattered earth because of nukes, we see a tattered earth with space rocks (aka meteors) plummeting toward it. or i guess you could say the earth is exploding and the rocks are being pushed away from earth too....hmmm

• Administrators

Yes but the problem is that Nuketown is said to have happened immediately following the multiplayer map, which was probably in the '60's (it had Spetsnaz).

Well the Spetsnaz is still in effect to this day, they never went away. So the map could have happened at really point any if we look at that piece of information. Ugh, this is going to suck to reevaluate.

now does treyarch mean for us to think this is the jin mao tower or did they just use that as a model. i think regardless of this, it's hard to believe a skyscraper such as this was built pre 1970's.

The Jin Mao Tower was built on August 28, 1998, and was operational in 1999.

now does treyarch mean for us to think this is the jin mao tower or did they just use that as a model. i think regardless of this, it's hard to believe a skyscraper such as this was built pre 1970's.

The Jin Mao Tower was built on August 28, 1998, and was operational in 1999.

i only say kinda cause there is a slight chance 3arc used the tower as a model and don't intend it to BE the towers.

also, in Nuketown it is obviously after the nuke, maybe right after, right? but still our perk machines come down in what amounts to meteors....right?

im stretching here but what is the nukes and fallout threw our orbit/grav pull/trajectory for a loop and it has cause a space shift to the point where earth is being decimated by meteors now. that doesnt work with the timeline though cause no one would be building towers in 1996 with meteors hitting earth.

should i get my old friend who is a credentialed astrophysics to take a look? lol

• Administrators

im stretching here but what is the nukes and fallout threw our orbit/grav pull/trajectory for a loop and it has cause a space shift to the point where earth is being decimated by meteors now. that doesnt work with the timeline though cause no one would be building towers in 1996 with meteors hitting earth.

should i get my old friend who is a credentialed astrophysics to take a look? lol

Not all locations on Earth were heavily impacted; some places can survive, whereas others would be decimated like Nuketown. In fact, Green Run itself wasn't annihilated like Great Leap Forward is now; just some debris toss around and more seismic activity due to plates shifting than anything else.

Note how the sky in Great Leap Forward has what's supposed to be orbiting chunks of Earth. We never had such things existing in Green Run, even when we could kind of see the sky. I have a feeling that Shanghai (the actual location that Great Leap Forward is in) was still stable, thus, kept trying to move society onward and better themselves. That's when all hell broke loose. Either that, or we have some heavy time distortion explaining to do. Meteors should've hit long ago if that's the case.

@Kurasaki: Thank you. I appreciate it. Check back here in a few weeks or so and hopefully the storyline will be much more accurate with the inclusion of Die Rise.

@Caddyman: Everything you say up to the meteors is true. But the meteors are just chunks of Earth. In the menu screen you can see Earth now has a ring of debris going around it. And the sky is light enough there that you can see it.

The Earth being nuked kill most of mankind. We know that because of Richtofen's major goal. So there could not have been enough people to reestablish society.

The nukes were the primary source of damage. But the devastation of secondary effects, like meteors, is going to be devastating and last likely for decades.

@Tac: Well, it SHOULD have happened in the '60's. But I don't know... we may have no choice but to say that it didn't.

@Caddyman: You're right about the meteors. But that doesn't explain the timeframe.

@Lithium: That tower took THOUSANDS of people to build. No such task could have been completed with a almost extinct society.

I'm thinking we are going to have to come up with some creative solutions here. One is that Nuketown Multiplayer took place in the future, which is possible but highly unlikely. I think what we need to do is make a list of options and judge them by their likeliness/possibility.

Hey guys, back from hibernation and my memory is really fuzzy on the times and dates. Let's say NTZ takes place in the 60's and Green Run takes place in the 90's. Green Run like Matuzz said could have been isolated or abandoned which is why it's in the odd retro state it is in.

What is the problem posed now? Sorry if you explained this in previous post.

• Administrators

Hey guys, back from hibernation and my memory is really fuzzy on the times and dates. Let's say NTZ takes place in the 60's and Green Run takes place in the 90's. Green Run like Matuzz said could have been isolated or abandoned which is why it's in the odd retro state it is in.

What is the problem posed now? Sorry if you explained this in previous post.

Read from here down: viewtopic.php?f=100&t=18279&p=274744&sid=62639e116b72135eb20b3ac7a4900c2e#p274303

Archived