A Zombie Trilogy v.III [NOW IN VIDEO]

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Major update guys! The video is now finished. So feel free to check it out in your spare time.

Since the site has been down, I had made a lot of updates for the text version. So, instead of updating the format, if you want to read it instead of watch it, there is an Excel file attached with the entire script nicely and neatly organized. Otherwise you can watch the video. There's even a special short version in the description if you'd prefer!

I fell asleep in the last 30 minutes but that was because it was 3 am.

My thoughts, it was the best story line video in existence (for zombies). There were little things like obvious edited voicing where it seemed you left parts out and recorded them in mid sentence, and there was a part where you were talking while characters were talking in game so I couldn't make that part out.

Overall, I'd say 8/10. You had a real clear voice and it sounded genuine even though I'm sure you were reading from a paper, I couldn't tell you were most times.

I have a greater understanding of the zombie storyline now for sure, you seamlessly put it together while jumping from map to map. It takes real talent to be so all over the place and at the same time, keep it uniform and easy to understand.

I say it like once a month....but you're the freakin man MMX lol

I have to admit though, I lol'd at all the bleeps in your voice then 5 seconds later Billy is spewing unedited curse words.

I'm going to watch it again tonight, was that good. Props to undead XP for the cool Maxis/Rictofen drawing too I liked it.

EDIT: I also noticed you stopped subbing the cutscenes and radio messages about midway through the video, why was that I was enjoying the sub titles especially on Moon where I could barely make out the sound files myself. Also the Great leap forward historical video's audio is very bad, I don't know if that was on purpose from Treyarch or what, just bringing that to your attention.

I'm sorry for the errors. I was unaware that there was any overlap. And I know I'm not the best voice actor. It's why I wanted to hire one, but no one wanted the job.

Thanks for the praise and criticism. As for the cursing, that's just because I don't curse. I was actually saying Hill's Retriever and Jacklass flats. I just bleeped them out to sound as if they were real.

I didn't finish the subtitles because it would've taken me two more months of doing subtitles myself. I had just spent the previous month using almost every spare time I had to subtitle. I was sick of it. I would've removed the subtitles altogether, but it would've taken just as long to remove the subtitles as it would be to add more. (You might think it'd be easy, just remove the layers! What about when you have like ten billion layers? =_= ) Anyhow, I apologize, and I know it looks unprofessional. i am just glad you were able to learn something and enjoy it.

The Great Leap Forward thing was always in awful quality. It was recorded in like the '60's. I did the best I could to enhance it, but it is still awful. It was included in the video because I wasn't going to omit part of the story just because the quality was awful. That's why I gave the option to skip it.

No worries MMX, it was a great 3 1/2 hours spent and I can't wait to do it again tonight lol

And nice on the Hills Retriever and Lackless flats, that was pretty funny, I respect the no cursing, even though I am quite fond of it :D

I watched it on a Wii U game pad, on my tv so I don't think annotations work for that in case anyone else is watching it and wondering why they cant skip parts, unless you meant the chapters in the description page, those do work for WiiU.

I was basically watching it on tv, and surfing on here...wiiU is such an awesome piece of technology haha

I didn't know that about the Wii U. But yes, there's annotations to guide you through.

Could you tell me what exactly audio overlapped? I'll put a note about it in the description.

I'm trying to remember buy cant, when I watch it again I'll make a note of it. I want to say it's a good length in 2+ hours but I'll let you know, or maybe someone else will before I get a second watch. It's only about 5-7 seconds of overlap.

@Zombiefaces: Thank you very much! There is a difference between an obsession and a passion. ; )

Thanks Tattoo. That's all I can ask.

Nathan, he'd still have to download 5 GB.

I made the shorter version for anyone who doesn't want to watch a four-hour-long video. I understand people's concern over that, so I made the short version.

This is Tattoo247, I couldn't sign in at home for some reason so I made this secondary account. Your overlap begins at 2:52:40.

If I notice anything else I'll edit this, even better the second time through, I wish it had been laid out this simple from the beginning.

EDIT: I just finished it, everything else was great.

Congratulations on finally completing your video/documentary/movie Kyle. 

I am watching it in sections when I have the time & am enjoying the way you have put it together. It is a very complex task which would be quite difficult to decide what to include & what to leave out. So well done on compiling this.

I must ask, where did you find the 'Great Leap Forward' documentary? I spent soooo long looking for the correct audio. I thought it may have been a Treyarch recording?

So props to you mate. Well done.

Okay, thank you very much Tattoo. I'll put a note of it.

Thanks PINNAZ. I know that many of the models you gave me were not put to use in the video. I still intend to put them to use in the future though. So don't feel like your time was wasted, okay?

The Great Leap Forward audio is taken from a Wii, actually. It was recorded from the Wii. The video is taken from youtube. I found it on youtube, and it was nearly the same exact thing. I couldn't use the audio from there, for it wasn't exactly the same. It seems Treyarch jumbled up the documentary in Kino, for the real one said the same stuff, just a different order.

Archived