CoDz Chat Situation

carbonfibah

Ok. lol

Here we go, this is my reasoning behind the chat being taken down.

A long time ago when CoDz was a free forum they offered a small embeddable chatbox. It was right there on the top of the forum. Now this was used a lot by everyone as we feverishly discussed zombies theories for world at war, so many brilliant theories and core concepts of zombies that we all know today were discussed, concocted and researched in that chatbox. Now CoDz was still relatively small at that point with a core group who used the chat properly and behaved. Now we outgrew that free site quickly and the new CoDz that we have today was born. Now my thinking was that we had a simple chat on the old forum, lets get a nice new chat for the new site. So we (shri046) made a new chat which we use today. Now at first it was great. But over time the more users that use it, the integrity has decreased.

Originally CoDz was a forum. A board that you could go to and post your theories, share ideas, etc... the chat was just a nice way to instantly share ideas, links, research, gaming, etc...

There is always the issue of people spending more time in chat then posting on the forum. A forum feeds on posts, so you are starving the CoDz forum by blabbing away in chat about off topic jibber jabber when you could use your time to share your ideas with other members.

So for a forum to be successful a chat is logically speaking, unnecessary. So with that being my core basis for my decision to remove the chat, let me just share a few minor reasons.

1. Currently the chat and how it is set up is causing the site to lag. It is just another thing that is slowing down the site.

2. Immature behavior is making the CoDz chat atmosphere one which is neither family friendly, or public acceptable behavior. I get way too many PM's from people complaining to me about so and so said this in chat or did this in chat, I have had enough of it. If you want to chat so bad you can do so off CoDz turf.

3. Chat is a privilege and it is currently being abused.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everytime I went into chat there was a bunch of people discussing of how old they were and posting youtube links . I was wanting to post ideas ,once I read that I'm like WTF? :facepalm: So yeah I dont mind for you to take it off, as long as you keep this site as awesome , its all good. :D

Chat is gone? That's where me, Digtal, and Cpt. Stylin' came up with the Cairo post :(

Also may I suggest using these I created for convenience?

http://tinychat.com/zombie-talk

http://tinychat.com/off-topic

I will not be able to monitor these chats, so please be respectful, if there is someone not respecting the rules please PM me so I could ban them as soon as I can, this will not lag the site, and all I have to say is

BE RESPECTFUL OR DIE

That is all :)

people need to seriously mature hen they are in a mature chat room. waana be immature in a chat room? then go to chatroulette or flip cht to watch a man jack off cuz thats where you belong

Not really needed.

Though I do agree with carbon, I must say it was also a place that enabled many users to grow, talk, and form relationships with others. Without chat, I would barely know the many users I do currently.

I will miss chat, but in the long run, it will help me post better, and on topic.

I think in a way, chat will live on, but separately from that of codz. There are many other seperate irc and tiny chats we can use.

Carbon, personally, now that i think about it, i would have maybe made a rule to only discuss CoDz topics on chat, but removing it completely? I personally respect you and your decisions, but there were A LOT of people that liked chat and are upset about it being gone...I say you put it back up and make a rule against all non-codz stuff, you could even make a new chat which would have a mod on at all times where you could report to the bot and it would immediately check for inappropriate language, content, etc and temporarily (Or permanently) ban. But carbon, please, bring chat back, even if it has to be in a small window like originally...

Carbon, personally, now that i think about it, i would have maybe made a rule to only discuss CoDz topics on chat, but removing it completely? I personally respect you and your decisions, but there were A LOT of people that liked chat and are upset about it being gone...I say you put it back up and make a rule against all non-codz stuff, you could even make a new chat which would have a mod on at all times where you could report to the bot and it would immediately check for inappropriate language, content, etc and temporarily (Or permanently) ban. But carbon, please, bring chat back, even if it has to be in a small window like originally...

You know it wouldn't work out very well. It would be empty, as that is what the forums are for. It would be wasting bandwidth at that point, and I would rather the site run faster and better.

I think there should be a new idea implanted into codz, a limited time chat, where for the week before and after a map pack realese, the chat will be open. when that period ends, onloy those who are high ranked in codz and are responcable to use it ect (eg most of the wwk's the mods ect) will be allowed in, to discuss things that are needed, eg podcasts, new theorys, hosting playdates ect, then they can implant it into threads

it will bring down the spam chat while recreating the core Thoerists like the old days.

maybe have a system in where people will be reviveed for chat status, if they have been her efor long, any incedents,acheivments ect

also if peopl with these powers abuse it, they can Emediatly be taken away and the problem will be solved.

And about your own personal server carbon thats a great idea, the ps3 ambassadors, i would nominate undeadwolfy and shoreyo, since there both dedicated ps3 plays of codz ,

and finally we should let you have a week of, after giving cov the power to ban spammers, ect, leaving you free to do what you heart contents without the demand

But to me the chat is one of the main reasons I keep to this site - the ability to chat with other members and friends is a pretty good thing for a forum and I really don't want chat to go :(

But I guess it's not me paying for bandwidth and looking after the site and your points were undeniable so I guess it'll have to go.... :(

Perhaps try a poll just to see what people think on the matter?

I think the easiest way to keep everyone happy would be to create a locked chat room on another site (there are plenty of them) and then only invite people on codz to join... and perhaps creat 2? One for random chatting and one for theorising? With strict rules on the 2nd room obviously... just a thought to try and keep as many people in the community happy...

Im seeing good points here, the reason my post count is so low, is because I spent a ton of time in chat.

BUT, if it wasnt for chat I wouldnt of made friends like MrRoflWaffles and Wolfy.

I mean, so we werent discussing zombies, but hey, we were still having fun, planning events, I mean, thats where I got the idea of a 24 hour live stream for charity. I wouldnt of done that usually, but there was something about communicating with the community that was really, really awesome.

And I also know that Chat was slowing the site down a hell of a lot. And this was a major problem.

But, even if we were to set up a chat elsewhere, not everyone would be informed about it, meaning a lot of the community would get split up by multiple people creating multiple chats.

I dont know if there's anyway to resolve it, but I would love to see chat back, at some point, but I know it will be hard, maybe even impossible.

Im seeing good points here, the reason my post count is so low, is because I spent a ton of time in chat.

BUT, if it wasnt for chat I wouldnt of made friends like MrRoflWaffles and Wolfy.

I mean, so we werent discussing zombies, but hey, we were still having fun, planning events, I mean, thats where I got the idea of a 24 hour live stream for charity. I wouldnt of done that usually, but there was something about communicating with the community that was really, really awesome.

And I also know that Chat was slowing the site down a hell of a lot. And this was a major problem.

But, even if we were to set up a chat elsewhere, not everyone would be informed about it, meaning a lot of the community would get split up by multiple people creating multiple chats.

I dont know if there's anyway to resolve it, but I would love to see chat back, at some point, but I know it will be hard, maybe even impossible.

What he said. [brains]

What he said. [brains]

There are so many options, and so many awesome chat hosts/sites.

Instead of the chat link up at the top going to our usual chat, we could just as easy link it to another chat.

Ranks etc. would not exist, but it isn't too important in the scheme of things.

Thus, we just have someone else host a chat room, and make it "official" under the sanction of carbon.

Chat will remain down indefinitely.

However. The only way I will bring back the official CoDz chat is when I get the new server and I create a new clean chat, and I password protect it and only allow certain users on. This will obviously keep the chat mature and clean. Only issue is all the young kids who will complain about not being in chat and the chat will become an exclusive club and that is not cool.

I wont take a poll as everyone will just want chat back.

I don't mean to be a jerk, but you can try and convince me that the chat should come back all you want, but I refuse to budge on my stance as I have very VALID reasons.

Chat will remain down indefinitely.

However. The only way I will bring back the official CoDz chat is when I get the new server and I create a new clean chat, and I password protect it and only allow certain users on. This will obviously keep the chat mature and clean. Only issue is all the young kids who will complain about not being in chat and the chat will become an exclusive club and that is not cool.

I wont take a poll as everyone will just want chat back.

I don't mean to be a jerk, but you can try and convince me that the chat should come back all you want, but I refuse to budge on my stance as I have very VALID reasons.

right on, and i believe that it shoudl be kept off untill the time comes for something very important eg new map pack, new cod ect

waffle a brain requirement would stop the new ppl from sharing ideas, or start a mad rush to post stuff, there by getting a lot of junk posts..........the n00bz are the best possible thing 4 the site to have, because we can culture their young minds, and create an even wider pool of ideas. there should be a mod for the chat, or maybe a bot that can automatically kick some 1 from the chat if they use key phrases like curses or racial slurs.......i personally believe that theorizing should be done in the chat, because after consulting multiple opinions, you can create a valid and reasonable theory.

Well, then. If you say no chat, then no chat. Fun times were had, lols created, memes redone in obscure manners, and people glorified for funny remarks (You know who you are ;) cuz I dont...). But this is the end or an era, a fun era. We had a good run in caht, but its time has come. Unless another comes to fill its place and keep the chat family living, then this is the end. Its was fun, see ya on the other side ;)

o ya i forgot.........if this isn’t a good reason to bring it back then i don’t know what is..........the chat changed my life...................it introduced me to dubstep.....................my house is filled w/ sooooo much moar bass now. My neighbors have gotten soooooo pissed......it is literally soooooo funny.