Gorod Krovi Radios, Codes/Ciphers, Quotes, Letters, etc.

Tac

@oxin8 I know you are using your own software but have you investigated cryptool2 IDP analyser for ideas in your own software the source is available and I believe it is written in c#

I can test but I'm having problems with page navigation on the site with IE and FF only see the first and last page of the topic so I cant see the ciphertext easily can someone paste it as I'm still working on "theGiant" cipher

which btw I seem to have exhausted vigenere to base64 conversion I just cant seem to get the starting blocks to 01 and kinda out run out of ideas for it  

EDIT /////////////

I got it I think  

r rh tgeRbt bnad ee shisfptFtn et eo enebe lesdepj n .a cih,eepa t gv g o,aiM Av sT
aevtH esoe.nS eaeat , w,arhaeohjemuo s,detibR nhtkphaetaid ygoTt.irc"tma"rocnrihr
mapa oapIthhboyst.pr eear heuaAtm et  . net 'o clms e dat sl drwht hedyaehsnrdoeot
oihtrvire Ci m euh emtethtr mp cn

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, AetherialVoices said:

Hey, I know this is a tad off topic, but I want to start learning about cryptography and how to solve ciphers. Do you guys have any suggestions on where to start?

I literally got absorbed into this by just trying, I solved my first one by accident and just took it from there. In my experience just try it, but there will be guys here to help you with websites and other things that you can learn from. From what I know, it's about stats, percentages and pairings, rest is trial and error mostly.

@AetherialVoices Definitely not off topic! I always recommend people try to re-solve the solved ciphers from previous maps as a way to practice their skills with a known entity. But, it is generally less exciting than working on a truly unknown cipher. If you're looking for resources, I particularly enjoy practicalcryptography.com and found their page addressing how to identify unknown ciphers to be especially helpful when starting off. If you really start to enjoy solving, try checking out Lanaki's Crypto Course for a truly deep-dive in to the subject. 

5 hours ago, certainpersonio said:

@AetherialVoices Definitely not off topic! I always recommend people try to re-solve the solved ciphers from previous maps as a way to practice their skills with a known entity. But, it is generally less exciting than working on a truly unknown cipher. If you're looking for resources, I particularly enjoy practicalcryptography.com and found their page addressing how to identify unknown ciphers to be especially helpful when starting off. If you really start to enjoy solving, try checking out Lanaki's Crypto Course for a truly deep-dive in to the subject. 

Thanks! I will definitely try that.

Great work Tac, always happy to see your compiled information, so neat and organized!

I did skip a few pages of posts, but a thought I had after reading about Pablo's visions. Do you think we are going to save him somehow? We saved him when he was a Knight, maybe him dying was not supposed to happen, and therefor could finally explain who the washed out face was in Keno and Five (and one more map I think...).

That, or maybe Pablo was the Wolf King?

1 hour ago, Tattoo247 said:

That, or maybe Pablo was the Wolf King?

That was my though initially. Seems weird that both would fight with Primus. So it makes sense to me that either they're the same person and they fight with Primus or maybe that they're separate people and just 2 out of any unknown number of allies with Primus.

I'm just saying that Primus + Wolf King + Pablo doesn't sound like the complete picture unless it's just Primus + King Pablo el Wolf King(trademark pending).

8 hours ago, oxin8 said:

That was my though initially. Seems weird that both would fight with Primus. So it makes sense to me that either they're the same person and they fight with Primus or maybe that they're separate people and just 2 out of any unknown number of allies with Primus.

I'm just saying that Primus + Wolf King + Pablo doesn't sound like the complete picture unless it's just Primus + King Pablo el Wolf King(trademark pending).

Do we have any proof that there is 2 knights, such as a picture or a cipher?

55 minutes ago, AetherialVoices said:

Harder than the ADFGX cipher that is still unsolved over three years later? Overlords be with us...

Don't take this as ignorance because i've put my hours in but: The ADFGX cipher isn't that hard. Compared to other encryption schemes out there, an outdated WWI cipher method is far from difficult compared to something like AES-256. Things like double encryption are way worse in some ways. Unless ofcourse ADFGX is double encrypted and then we're all screwed. Sounds like I'll be 'playing' zombies for years to come.

Don't know why they should put in ciphers that way...i hope he was joking - why put infos in ciphers for the community but dont give us a chance to solve them?  I mean why give us a code list in one map and in another map there are no clues or there is no way "normal" people can solve them

Doesnt make sense to me i think he wanted to make clear how important these ciphers are going to be

10 hours ago, oxin8 said:

Don't take this as ignorance because i've put my hours in but: The ADFGX cipher isn't that hard. Compared to other encryption schemes out there, an outdated WWI cipher method is far from difficult compared to something like AES-256. Things like double encryption are way worse in some ways. Unless ofcourse ADFGX is double encrypted and then we're all screwed. Sounds like I'll be 'playing' zombies for years to come.

Dalek asked if it was doble encrypted and JB didnt really answer the question :(

There's a fifth audio log in the files of Gorod Krovi.

I did my best for the transcription, there are still missing words I didn't understand, sorry.

Directive Log 272.5

Intelligence confirms that Project Rasputin has xxx the creation of new enemy type we have not seen before. Dubbed the russian mangler soldier, these units are xxxx with high caliber armement that has proven highly effective against our ground units. Their shockwave attack disrupts movement across a large area even though(?) our troops are hiding in cover. Additionally, their strong armor plating has proven highly durable to conventional attacks. However, these enhanced combat abilities come at a cost. Their relatively slow speed leaves them... vulnerable to being xxxxxx by the enemy particularly when significantly outnumbered. Additional vulnerability come from the unit's canon which is xxx to explode when fire is focus upon its xxx regulator.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
On July 14, 2016 at 11:32 PM, LackingAGoodName said:

Someone sent this to me on Reddit, not sure if you guys are okay with it since technically he used an exploit to find them, but I figured I'd share incase you'd rather save the time it takes to find them.

Basically once you get out of the map in theater you can find a building that has most of the paper ciphers (including the scraps). Though I noticed some ciphers, for example the one on the screen that's leet speak, isn't there, so this isn't every cipher in the map.

Very late but wanted to say ty to all of you who solved the ciphers glad i was able to help you find em all in 1 spot,as of today they have been removed from the location.GG to all that had been notified of my findings.See you in BO 4 Zombies where i hope to bring more stuff that needs finding cheers everyone and keep up the great work {^_^}¥

Archived