Staff Retirement: Jolteon Has Fainted

Ehjookayted

Well here we are. In honor of my brother, and in true fashion of the greatest bromance CODZ has ever known, DarkJolteon, better known as Jolteon, also known as hjotl, is retiring from staff. 

I'm not sure how many words need to be said about Jolteon, or rather, Kieran, but many of you will know him as the friendly, jolly, and amazingly witty moderator.

But if you haven't been around CODZ for too long, you may not know that Kieran wrote some of the best and brightest theories around here, the stuff of legend. His DARVAS and Parisian Catacombs theory (some of which can be found here) spawned a nearly viral YouTube video. His threads throughout the offseason between Black Ops and Black Ops II earned him fame as a user and would later place him charge of the CODZ YouTube channel.

But it wasn't just zombies that Kieran excelled at. It was his will and desire to help others. I can't let my undying brotherly love for our electric type Pokemon here cloud my judgment, but ask any user. If you needed someone to talk to, Kieran was there.

Throughout his time on CODZ as both a user and a moderator, Kieran's role evolved and he never lost his love for this site. 

One of the oldest tenured members of CODZ at nearly five years time, he has seen it all and become one of the most well-known and respected members of our community. 

Often times, it's hard to believe that time has flown that fast, that our lives have changed, but maybe that's what makes zombies, and this forum, so great. The game always remains the same. Hundreds of zombies, dozens of weapons, a few tactics, and one goal: survive.

Kieran has done more than survive the zombie onslaught. He has turned it into something that has altered the very course of his life and mine as well. It seems silly when speaking in such broad terms, but for him, it's the truth. CODZ changed his life. 

It's only fitting, then, that Kieran managed to change our site more than we changed him. His contributions from way back in 2010 to all the way until 2015 have affected users in many ways, beyond just the game.

For him, it was never about just theories and strategy or helping give us a kickass reputation for being an Easter Egg hunting machine. It was about the passion for the game, and more importantly, the people who make the game so great. It was about me, it was about you, it was about all of us.

Now, it's about you, Jolteon. This is your moment. Your story is a great one. One that really matters. And as long as CODZ is around, I hope that what you have done for this site and its users stays with them. For what you've done means something, even for those of us who may not truly understand.

Your legacy will never die for the site you helped mold stands strong, one nation, under Richtofen, with liberty and zombification for all. 

Thank you for everything.

10968540_10205551365404924_3452135088007

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Codz's favourite Pokemon is hopefully not gone for good, right? : (

Never. I'll be around when BO3 hits, I just have so many things going on right now eventually I had to sacrifice a couple of things, and unfortunately CoDz was one of them. Thanks for the kind words everyone, I'll really miss being staff. It really has been a blast.

-Jolteon

Edited by Jolteon
  • Tech Admin

@Jolteon what can be said, that hasn't already been said by others and the op @Ehjookayted. I only came on board in August 2013, in fact it will be 2 years shortly but I've had a great time with the staff and site since coming on board and I've had the privilege of having some great chats with Kieran as well.

Kieran is a great gut, a young lad with a great pear of shoulders and in his short life has learnt and understood so much (from the good and the bad) but always came out on top smiling. I remember reading a very revealing topic Kieran posted here and when I was reading my heart sank but at the same time I was uplifted for the spirit of the post wasn't about what had happened (it was obviously) - but it was about overcoming.

Anyway Kieran, onwards and upwards and this is just for you.

Heinz_plastic_jars.thumb.jpg.1f10476dacb

Edited by Hells Warrrior

Welcome to the other side my dearest Jolteon. 

It'll feel odd for awhile. You may or may not get used to it, but regardless you'll always be family to those here.

I've stirred up far more disagreement than you ever had, and yet I still feel more or less accepted around here. Thereby I can safely say CoDz will always welcome you Jolty. You're part of it now. 

Don't stray too far.