Let's take a second look at the Ascension loading screen...

MixMasterNut

Now in hindsight, lately I've been wondering...

Are the 3 rockets in the Ascension loading screen, the same 3 rockets that fire from the moon towards earth?

I'm interested in hearing what you guys think about this?

Also interesting to note, the 115 shadow cast by the rockets is at the same exact angle as the Samantha shadow on the Moon's loading screen

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Back before Moon came out, I assumed the 3 rockets were in Ascension, but the area we play in is only focused on 1 of the 3 rockets. Just like how in the Shangri La loading screen, there are a few temples shown, yet the actual in-game map is centered around one temple area.

But then the fact that there are 3 rockets on the moon, makes me wonder if we've been looking at the rockets that blow up the earth this whole time?

Interesting theory, but I doubt it. The rockets on moon do not have the pillars holding them up,

You definitely have a point about the launch pillars not being present on the moon.

Yeah, they could be, but how did they get on the moon.

The same way you would get an entire fully operational Space Station, Biodome, and 3 Excavators up there. I think teleporters from Area 51 might have something to do with it.

Hmmmm... they sure do look similar, although saying that I can't really remember exactly what the moon rockets look like! haha!

However if they are the same then wouldn't that mean that the Russians are somehow involved with the Moon Base as these rockets are on Ascension? If so, what business does Russia have installing weaponry capable of global devastation in a base on the Moon which is presumably in control by the American's seeing as though they have secured a teleporter going directly there?

They were possibly stolen?

Whatever, it's a good theory anyway and a nice spot, keep your eyes peeled for more like this.

I'm not discounting the idea that the 3 rockets in the Ascension loading screen may be somehow related to the one's on the Moon. Maybe they are the test rockets for the ones eventually installed on the Moon base.

Hmmmm... they sure do look similar, although saying that I can't really remember exactly what the moon rockets look like! haha!

However if they are the same then wouldn't that mean that the Russians are somehow involved with the Moon Base as these rockets are on Ascension? If so, what business does Russia have installing weaponry capable of global devastation in a base on the Moon which is presumably in control by the American's seeing as though they have secured a teleporter going directly there?

They were possibly stolen?

Whatever, it's a good theory anyway and a nice spot, keep your eyes peeled for more like this.

On that note, I believe the scientist in the Ascension loading screen may be the same scientist in the FIVE / Nacht der Untoten loading screen. (And that scientist is the Pentagon Thief, but that's a whole other theory)

Notice the soviet symbols on the cargo in the upper right caption.

Also, the CCCP logos on the zombies' uniforms on the moon can also be found in several spots within the Ascension map. So there is some clues linking them together.

And as far as what business does the Russians have for installing weapons of global devestation on the Moon... The Moon base was likely installed during the beginning of the Cold War.

I presume the Area 51 teleporter and Moon base are controlled by Group 935, not the American government. Group 935 is made up of scientist from all over the world, so their bases don't necessarily have borders.

Also, there is an Illuminati note in the Ascension note that says "Moon" on it

LSmEQCByDqM

what if the ppl in the loading screens are Dr schooster wow i spelled that wrong (the scientist helping rictofen with the walnut in the moon radio) the other doctor from the radio and rictofen

i mean look in ndu its rictofen teleporting for the first time in 1939 then Dr.schozter or whatever then doctor grouh (the second dr) can som1 please tell me how to spell their names

a very interesting theory and this also raises another more intriguing question, the rocket that you launch in ascension to get to the pack-a-punch what happens to it?

I can tell you what happens everytime I launch it, it get blown up :lol:

but that is a good question to be fair, it seens strange that you have to launch a rocket, then that's the last you really hear of it

Moon is a slower paced game compared to ascension, But Ive had somthing on my mind conserning these two maps. It almsot seems ascension would have came first; Like when you look at the characters in that map there wearing tattered and bloody space suits. I mean if they didnt come from the moon were did they come from. Other reasoning for that is when the zombies in ascention stumble/trip when they run. That means there not used to the atmosphere or they gavity change from what planet they origanaly came to ascension.

• 4 months later...

Cant seem to find a positive ID on these Ascension loading screen rockets yet. What do you guys think?

This framed photo is found on a desk in Five

Rocket found on Moon armed with Nuclear Warhead

Ascension Rocket schematics found on Five

Newpaper found on Five. I'm almost positive the rocket on the right side is an image from Baikonur.

• Administrators

Not sure if anyone noticed, but those schematics in FIVE aren't the actual schematics for Ascension rockets, or at least the rocket is modified. The one in the schematic has an antennae on the top of it, but the one in Ascension has no antennae. Just thought I'd throw this in :D

A fantastic post, the idea of those three rockets being from ascension seems very likely and possibly...

Now does is it mean that it is remotely possible that during Ascension when we launched the first rocket, something simiilar happened elsewhere. In which two other rockets were launched to be stationary on the moon until they were needed.

On another note was this what The Maxis's wanted, isn't there radio where Ludvig says to a trapped Samantha -(Kill them all - referring to 935)- but Samantha realised that the flaw to whole killing 935 lay in Richtofen's manipulation of Tank,Takeo and Nikolai. The only way to put things into place was to push and pull the characters in whatever direction she wanted by using the aether, we don't even know how we got from Kino to Ascension (or do we if so I'm interested in knowing) Sam could have set them on the path, gave them the weapon and let them pull the trigger. Freeing Gersch and doing the other things after meant Edward played right into her plans... twisting his own plan against him. Kinda. The earth is mostly destroyed.

Furthermore, if they are indeed the rockets from Ascension ande the Moon base was American do this mean in the Zombie storyline the Americans and Russians put aside differences and tried to collorbate with one another... failing inevitably.

If anything is wrong there then I apologise I recently fixed my Black Ops disc, and have thus stalled in exploring the story.

Edit: Ignoring the riddles for a sec in Abracadavre you could make a few strange conclusions from what we know now, concerning the moon and stuff.

for example

These shackles they come,

With certain opportunities.

They won't let me get away,

But they show me we're the same.

(My original view was -These shackles have come with certain oppertunities may relate to the Kassmir Mechnism (Sorry about my spelling) also she maybe comparing herself to the four characters therefore she may wish to see an end to all this)

Now I think it was just referring to her being imprisoned in the pyrimid - shackled in many ways, the opportunity to thus manipulate it to her will and plan

What goes up must never come back down!

( My first opinion was - At first I thought a meteorite but then I thought - Rocket)

And that the rockets contain 115 for them to come back to earth which they do would have catastrophic consequences, she could be seen as forewarning us of the future in the song.

I apologise my mind has got an active imagination.... I accept if this is wrong but it wouldn't hurt to relook at the songs.

Things seem almost reversed.

The rockets on the Ascension screen are smaller, they look to be based off V2 rockets. Those rockets aren't getting anywhere out of the atmosphere. The rockets on Moon, however, are much bigger, like soyuz rockets. The catch about the moon is that you do not need as much power to get away from it's gravity, where on earth you need 17,500 MPH to escape orbit. You would think the larger rockets would be on earth, and smaller ones on the moon. Puzzling stuff.

The rockets at Ascension are just there for a comical effect, they aren't a real rocket.

That picture from Five is an American, or maybe Russian, ICBM. It's supposed to show the build up and tension of the Nuclear arms race, as each side was competing to create a more powerful warhead/rocket.

The rockets at Ascension are connected to Moon because of the Ascension Group.

They were a secret Rocket Designing team working for Richtofen. They came up with the R7 rocket family. And re-proposed it to the Russians when they were co-opted.

On Moon, they were test models armed with nuclear warheads, I'm unsure of why but I know the Ascension Group is the connection.

• Administrators

That rocket design team consists of the following people, as well as there job when they worked for the Ascension Group. Some are blank because I was unable to read.

Dr. Mikhail Ivanov - Computer Systems Engineer

Dr. Gavril Petrov - Launch Facilitator

Dr. Stefan Fedorov - Chief ICBM Weapon Directive Executive

Dr. -

Dr. Viktor Vasiliev -

Dr. Boris Titov - Nuclear Fission Engineer