Glitching definitions

Chopper

36 minutes ago, Exactice_808 said:

Again Game Mechanics though....its just how the way it was built in to hinder your longer term play......

Tweaking to make the AI's easier on the players part defeats the purpose of having them in there.  The Flying wasp & and Meatballs, play the rolls of the dog...... Margwa....is just another pain in our butts to play harder and come up with better strategies on playing the map....

Removing them or tweaking them in favor of the player......changes everything... might as well go back to playing WAW zombies.....

yes but its not fun when you've got your own margwa, then other players pass by and leave you theirs as well, i dont mind 1, but when i've been given 3 at one time that pisses me off, the margwas arent a challenge, they're just annoying, i dont like annoying bosses, i like challenging bosses, like the panzer and the thief - i look forward to the thief arriving, when i hear a margwa sound i just get annoyed.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, TimelordAlex said:

yes but its not fun when you've got your own margwa, then other players pass by and leave you theirs as well, i dont mind 1, but when i've been given 3 at one time that pisses me off, the margwas arent a challenge, they're just annoying, i dont like annoying bosses, i like challenging bosses, like the panzer and the thief - i look forward to the thief arriving, when i hear a margwa sound i just get annoyed.

LOL... I know what you mean..... but 2 ways to look at it.....

Its the other players fault for not handling the margwa thats spawns infront of them,  secondly that was the challenged added..... "Random" players are probably what keeps me on my toes the most..... they are so unpredictable.

leaving a margwa on you is not Treyarchs/dev teams fault, It was just another way to make it different from the dog rounds style play.  Think of it this way...when you are upgrading your swords the Margwas are just yours....... They dont attack anyone else but you.... 

Last point..... Fault always falls on the player.... you cant never really blame the dev team.... what do I mean,

Well,

1) margwa spawn randomly, if the player is good enough then they can handle right? If the player sucks well thats the player

2) If you are doing your upgrade and margwa spawns whos fault for not saving a zombie that last round to keep from margwas spawning or why did you start your upgrade (Not "you" but in general) again payers fault.

Margwas are a fun boss... it keeps you on your toes..... It challenges you...They are not impossible.... wanna know an impossible boss??

Emerald  Weapon from Final Fantasy 7

Edited by Exactice_808

Honestly if those 3 headed goofballs didn't spawn every other Round, & instead they were coded into the game similar to that of "Brutus" or "Panzer". Would any of us even be having this conversation, I doubt it.

Why Trollarch, I mean Treyarch didn't write the coding like this blows my mind. The Margwa are no different, nor difficult, yet there still just as annoying. If anyone's having trouble with them, get the Margwa Head.

All that's required is killing 5 Margwa. Once you've completed this the Hearts appear around the map, the easiest route to take is Waterfront-Footlight; Footlight-Canals. Once you've obtained the head the slam attack does like 1/2 of what it originally did. Even better, if your facing forward the slam attack literally does 0 damage.

@DeathBringerZen You want to hear something funny. That's exactly how my ass plays SoE. Trust me I know exactly how you feel, I've never played a more one directional map in my life. Without the Upgraded A.S. you literally have to run the same basic strat every game. Involving a wall weapon of your choosing, more than likely the Vesper, & I see people saying the A.S. was O.P. hahaha jokes! 

Wow it's hard to keep up with this! 

@83457 You're completely right mate, my opinion is based on uber pros playing and how this affects them and the leaderboard.  Little anecdote but Steve did 215 flawless. Next game he had Margwas but used the flag to despawn the zombies, decided at 120 that it was too easy so he quit.  Next game he played with no exploits and went down on 119 to something unrelated to Margwas.  That's nearly 450 rounds with one down.  The guy is a freak, easily the best player I have ever played with.  That's what initially got me a bit upset about what was going on on twitter.  People might be able to get to the same rounds he gets to, but he pretty much does it first time every time.  Not all the uber pros can say that.

@Ragdo11706 Do they definitely spawn in every other round....just my last 2 games it's been every 3 rounds.  So 40, 43, 46 etc.

@The Clay Bird It's a shame there isn't more to the EE mate.  Killing things in different locations is pretty tiresome.  Origins was much cooler with the few different puzzles you had to do; the only issue is that once you know them, it's almost too easy.  At least killing things leaves a challenge.  Killing 2 Margwas on round 25 for instance to complete the sword on solo and keep a zombie alive is definitely challenging.  It's a case of Treyarch being 'fucked if they do, fucked if they don't' kinda thing.

@S1ippery Jim That's a valid point mate.  I don't personally agree due to issues I have with one of the sites in particular.  As @DeathBringerZen said, they can make the rules up to suit them.  There doesn't seem to be any open discussion on what is legit or not, someone just suddenly decides.  Whilst that may fool the younger fan boys who love the place, and will defend it to death it makes more people somewhat suspicious and actually removes it's legitimacy in my eyes.  On a similar point, World Record sites pretty much have no value until a good 6 months after a map drops imo.  You need all the patches to be, well patched before it can be taken seriously.  It's not healthy for the high round community to have so much shit in the air, people tweeting some very underhanded things out.  So many of the older and respected high round players are sick of the community now, that tbh they keep the WR's amongst themselves.  There's too much jealousy by far in that community with some of the bigger players and streamers being subject to abuse from their smaller counterparts who will do anything to drag themselves up into relevance.  It has disgusted me recently.

@shirtlesservice You have touched upon something in your comment about EE's which I've found incredibly hypocritical from some of these players.  A large part of the argument is that all zombies games have been about your ability to manage ammo.  This is kinda true but most maps actually have traps, and the ones that don't aren't respected anything like as much by a large portion of the community.  I don't really have too much opinion on this but the only one which wasn't cared for which had traps was MOTD, simply because you could take too many downs and use that mode to get back up.  So something I keep hearing is that its only ok to start the EE if you are going to finish it.  My issue with this is that I believe that's the excuse being made to fit into the argument's outcome that they desire, no max ammos allowed.  But as I have said, I think these guys are going way way overboard with the actual relevance of that particular argument.  It's just nowhere near as important as people think, ammo that is.  Infinite insta kill wall weapons just negates that.  It's really hard for me to see people I like making such a big deal out of that in particular.  I think a large part of it comes from the last BO2 map, Origins, where ammo was such a key thing.  There are a few players in particular who made Origins their own, and mastered the art of trying to get ammo, and using other things on the map to kill.  I think they are taking that idea and trying to apply it to BO3 and SOE when it's just not the same.  People seem to be blinded by that.

@mmm chocolate In an ideal world that would be true mate but it's almost impossible to test a game to the same extent that millions of people playing it week one will do.  It sounds like some things actually can't be patched, I imagine due to an unexpected coding issue which will cause other conflicts if messed with.  @steviewonder87 @Gunoftruth can you guys comment on that?

@PastaI nearly completely agree with you mate.  My only thing is that certain out of match glitches just don't matter that much at a high level.  I understand it can inflate some people's high rounds but anyone who has been over say 50 in solo or coop is already getting higher than (as far as I'm aware) any out of map glitch can get you.  If you are out of the map, you are limited by ammo, which will run out.  This will cap how high you can get.

@DaveLo07 Reading that again mate I gotta say I lost a lot of respect for that agent when he said that they weren't aware of them.  Let me tell you, any of the zombie developers will know ALL the glitches there.  They worked on a game for 3 years, is he/she saying that these guys aren't then interested on what people are doing on YT with their 'baby'.  They definitely know, it's more whether they can fix them or not I reckon.

@Exactice_808 I can't disagree mate, no Margwas does look suspicious and not legit to the absolute majority.  Whether or not it's tangibly harder is irrelevant in that respect mate.  However, Ruby and Emerald weapon I'm pretty certain can both be killed by abusing to the max the game mechanics within FF7.  It's either Lucky 7's or a very specific Materia combination but they can both be killed in actuality easily.  It has taken understanding of the game to the max to get to that point though.  Even Ultima Weapon from FF8 is easy when you know the specific combination of moves to make, ie, when to use GF's to block, when to stack particular items etc.  I'm pretty certain the same can be said for any optional FF boss.

@TimelordAlex I like that idea for George.  The thing is, COTD is a funny map.  No insta kill weapon or traps means that George is kinda less an annoyance than any other boss.  There is no absolute fastest place really, although some of the inside lighthouse strategies are very clever.  When he arrives on solo, it's just time to move location.  Good idea for solo though, random player selection would have be nice.

I hope I responded to everyone.  Remember that the majority of my opinion is just in relation to uber high rounds and those players.  I'm glad people have responded with opinions on how it affects us more mortal players, and I have tried to respond in kind.

I'll will try and post the strategy today or tomorrow, I doubt I've got another post in me quite this big today so it will probably be tomorrow.  Ultimately it's Jugg, Speed, Mule, Stam + Haymaker, Kuda, turned, blast furnace and 5and5 waterfront area.  You need those perks to not have ammo issues imo.

@Chopper You are correct. I've had a few different High Round Attempts shattered, bc for some odd reason the Margwa decided to be a douche and spawn-in every other Round.

In most normal games they usually spawn-in, on every third or fourth Round. Still would've been better if they were coded the same as the "Panzer" & "Brutus".

@Chopper With regard to the ammo problem I see your point, the any-round-instakill on any bullet type weapon does kind of negate it. But I think all of the naysayers' point about the max ammo is that for most of the extremely fast spawn manipulation strategies, the wonder weapon is still used pretty liberally and getting max ammos for free for the weapon isn't fair.

I disagree, and I'm with you, all it does is speed the game up, its not as if the game gets harder using the wall weapons, just longer I think.

Once you get to a certain around, running in circles is just what it is, over and over again. Someone like Steve could run circles in the rift until whatever round he wants, wonder weapon or not.

Guys 215 rounds without downing. That's ridiculous. To say that margwas wound really effect his game other than timing is just kind of silly.

Edited by shirtlesservice

You guys have got to realize Steve & Scotti3 are "Freaks" when it comes to zombies. Even players like 5and5, Phizoir, H.K.R., Relaxing End, Mato Master, Zeratul DT, MagicGloBox, KingJaq, I8a911t, Frenzy. 

All of them are in a league of there own. I like to think I'm as good as them, I just get really fucking bored once I reach Round 50. Obviously I know I'm not that damn good, however I have played a few games in the past with some of them. It would get quite interesting at times. Especially when We would run 8 players on TranS(h)it & Nuketown, haha good times it was definitely, "Nucking Futs".

@Chopper the customer support that Activision offer is poor at best, but the support agents won't speak specifically about what developers are aware of. I believe they were simply saying that I was the 1st customer to report those issues. As a customer support team they were unaware of them. 

It is very difficult to start any dialogue with Activision regarding bugs/issues with the game. I ended up listing nearly 20 potential bugs to them yesterday and they have said hopefully they will be addressed in the next patch, but it seems that not many of these issues are being reported so I may start a thread in the general zombies section listing all potential issues where people can add any potential bugs and then the page can be linked to Activision via support chat. All we can do is make them aware of potential issues and hope that they address them accordingly.

On out of map:

The Footlight exploit is ridiculous. You can just jump in and out of the map as needed. The whole team can chill there. Maybe a lucky group of flyers could kill you. I've done over 50 rounds there just to check it out (local, offline). Even more ridiculous than the Ruby Rabbit exploits due to the ease of getting in and out and because of the large area and ease of getting drops (power ups).

Edit: and making it especially ridiculous is the fact that Marge spawns in and she just stands there while you shoot her 3 heads.

Leave to get alchemical antithesis once in a blue moon, and over 100 should be quite easy.

Edited by 83457
2 hours ago, Ragdo11706 said:

You guys have got to realize Steve & Scotti3 are "Freaks" when it comes to zombies. Even players like 5and5, Phizoir, H.K.R., Relaxing End, Mato Master, Zeratul DT, MagicGloBox, KingJaq, I8a911t, Frenzy. 

All of them are in a league of there own. I like to think I'm as good as them, I just get really fucking bored once I reach Round 50. Obviously I know I'm not that damn good, however I have played a few games in the past with some of them. It would get quite interesting at times. Especially when We would run 8 players on TranS(h)it & Nuketown, haha good times it was definitely, "Nucking Futs".

Zeratul DT.... It's been so long :love48:

12 hours ago, Chopper said:

Wow it's hard to keep up with this! 

@Exactice_808 I can't disagree mate, no Margwas does look suspicious and not legit to the absolute majority.  Whether or not it's tangibly harder is irrelevant in that respect mate.  However, Ruby and Emerald weapon I'm pretty certain can both be killed by abusing to the max the game mechanics within FF7.  It's either Lucky 7's or a very specific Materia combination but they can both be killed in actuality easily.  It has taken understanding of the game to the max to get to that point though.  Even Ultima Weapon from FF8 is easy when you know the specific combination of moves to make, ie, when to use GF's to block, when to stack particular items etc.  I'm pretty certain the same can be said for any optional FF boss.

I hope I responded to everyone.  Remember that the majority of my opinion is just in relation to uber high rounds and those players.  I'm glad people have responded with opinions on how it affects us more mortal players, and I have tried to respond in kind.

I'll will try and post the strategy today or tomorrow, I doubt I've got another post in me quite this big today so it will probably be tomorrow.  Ultimately it's Jugg, Speed, Mule, Stam + Haymaker, Kuda, turned, blast furnace and 5and5 waterfront area.  You need those perks to not have ammo issues imo.

Hey @Chopper,   Heheh, its nice to know some people are familiar with what I am talking about!  This is the thing,  Emerald Weapon is a side quest that is not required to the game and not necessarily a hindrance unless, you are going around looking for him. The Margwas on the other hand are intended to be.

Secondly,  The abuse of the game mechanics, I would not say abuse of it, but there are 3 options,  Maxing out the characters (Which is not abuse but going through the motions),  The correct Materia setup (which you must collect and setup in the first place) or yes the Lucky 777s that are I think was calculated in 1:100,000 chance?  Pure luck,  Not abuse.

The Margwas as we agreed are not difficult and do not require anything special to dispose of, you can use all weapons to kill it (knife, and blood hound too)....while time consuming requires nothing special.  They are a hindrance again... not challenge,side quest, easter egg etc.

Again Glitching,  personal I have no issues....ESPECIALLY when groups are using it for purposeful means,  what do I mean,  if they are EE hunters you need a break you need opportunities to scourer the map.   So you know what good on them.  I just feel if they use the glitch to get accolades like highest round and want to boast about it.... meh not so much,  

Thats just my $0.02!

@Exactice_808 Yeah mate abuse was the wrong word.  Take full and complete advantage is what I mean.

I used to be a power grinder. I did it on FF8, 9 and 10 but I wasn't the biggest fan of 7 tbh.  It was the last one I played, and THAT part had been spoiled for me.  Pretty much the only thing I never did to the max was luck on any of them, because it was just ridiculous.  I'm never sure which of those 3 is my favourite, it almost depends on what mood I'm in when I asked.  Right now Vivi is sticking with me, cos he's Vivi.

I can't remember which weapon it is but one of them did an attack taking 1111 per materia equipped.  2 equipped equalled 7777.  That must have been by design from the developers.  I believe each and every Weapon from 7 onwards can be beaten in a very methodical and calculated way, however it could take hours and hours and hours to get into the requirements necessary.

@83457 I never knew about that mate.  Wow prepatch for WW that must have been ludicrious.  I believe that's the only one though that can be done quite that high though?

I'm not up on all possible glitches. But that glitch is the most easily abused one that I'm aware of.

That particular glitch was just one of those 'obvious things that will happen during normal play', you know, like zapping zombies, or falling on boxes from above, or jumping on railings or couches...

Just the normal behavior for the inquisitive player type.

Edited by 83457
English are hard write.

And what about using Beast to buy Juggernog on round 50? Or to get the Bowie Knife without buying the $1250 Waterfront doors?

1. Too cheaty?

2. Nobody cares about that?

3. Sh! Don't tell anyone?

4. Potato?

Edited by 83457
Word bombed
4 hours ago, 83457 said:

And what about using Beast to buy Juggernog on round 50? Or to get the Bowie Knife without buying the $1250 Waterfront doors?

1. Too cheaty?

2. Nobody cares about that?

3. Sh! Don't tell anyone?

4. Potato?

I'm pretty sure, using the Beast to buy various items, and use the Sword was patched sometime ago. Do not quote me on that however, it may have just been a current gen only patch.