Future Zombies Treyarch Hints from DICE Chat

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah, the Fly Trap. The nostalgia! I remember how the community had no idea what it was until a few days after Der Riese was released. Everyone thought it was a new trap like the Flogger...

Interesting connection, yourmapper. Der Riese seems to be playing a bigger role than we previously thought for this presentation.

I think that the flytrap idea is definitely correct, it makes sense that they are hinting at that as well as Der Riese coming back. Maybe we can get to it in the new version, or it does something more?

The left side is smudged (likely from finger prints). The right side is the ink smeared. To make matters worse it has a red X on it, and a piece of scotch tape.  The only details I can really make out are on the bottom.  Looks like this person is possibly wearing a military uniform, as it matches the same color tones as the other portraits.

I looked at all the portraits from Kino der Toten, including the black sillouette, and none of them seem to match this one.  By process of elimination I'd like to say it's Richtofen, but I honestly have no clue.

- Mix

The left side is smudged (likely from finger prints). The right side is the ink smeared. To make matters worse it has a red X on it, and a piece of scotch tape.  The only details I can really make out are on the bottom.  Looks like this person is possibly wearing a military uniform, as it matches the same color tones as the other portraits.

I looked at all the portraits from Kino der Toten, including the black sillouette, and none of them seem to match this one.  By process of elimination I'd like to say it's Richtofen, but I honestly have no clue.

- Mix

I have to say it is Richtofen, not because of anything seen specifically in that picture, but in that it is obviously Richtofen that was scratched out on the Origins profile lineup pic.  So why would we have two different characters scratched out, one being Richtofen, one being a mystery character ?

Okay two things. 1.) That is symbolized as Richtofen but it is actually a picture of Dempsey as they never changed their twitter pics to Richtofen thus didnt have one. 2.) The start of the story was Nacht, also Origins technically and we have been to both (Nacht 3 times) :P

9 more months, hard to believe that if someone got pregnant today they could have a baby upon release XD anyways yeah Der Riese is a special map, I completely know what you mean about it.

Okay two things. 1.) That is symbolized as Richtofen but it is actually a picture of Dempsey as they never changed their twitter pics to Richtofen thus didnt have one. 2.) The start of the story was Nacht, also Origins technically and we have been to both (Nacht 3 times) :P

Mind posting the twitter pics for reference?  I'm struggling to find them.

- Mix

Mind posting the twitter pics for reference?  I'm struggling to find them.

- Mix

They were the profile pics they had, if you search up any Origins character you can see the ones that relate to the crossed out pic. I dont think you can look at profile pics again but further up in the thread someone told me this.

https://twitter.com/Treyarch/status/464869757926531073/photo/1 Off topic that pic of Lamia and the zombies isnt new, heres when it was posted originally.

They were the profile pics they had, if you search up any Origins character you can see the ones that relate to the crossed out pic. I dont think you can look at profile pics again but further up in the thread someone told me this.

That was me! They were there from maybe a week or two before the map itself came out, so some time in early August.

• Administrators

- Mix

Definitely a uniform that doesn't match what Richtofen wore. You can see where the arm and shoulder would be; however, Origin Richtofen work a white rolled-up shirt with a tan vest. This smudged shot shots a fully tan arms with no indication of a white shirt whatsoever. I'm inclined to believe that it was one of the others thrown on there, but then smudged to make us THINK that it was Richtofen. After all, he was erased from everything else...unless this person that's being erased is totally someone different that Richtofen actually replaces. If that's the case, then Richtofen removed someone from this timeline and inserted himself into the equation, giving life to the Zombies we've come to know.

I cant help noticing you guys are having a discussion we already resolved a few pages back, we are even talking about how we had the discussion too so go look at it for the answers to what you are talking about.

Would be awesome if you'd be so kind as to search them up and share with the rest of us, rather than tell me what to go search up when I've already failed at my first attempt.  I'm asking for your assistance, and for you to provide the picture evidence to back up your claim.

I found this pic of Richtofen and Maxis from Origins.  Posting it up just for reference and for comparison.

codbo2dlc4-10.jpg

post-117086-0-48547700-1423094666.jpg

- Mix

Would be awesome if you'd be so kind as to search them up and share with the rest of us, rather than tell me what to go search up when I've already failed at my first attempt.  I'm asking for your assistance, and for you to provide the picture evidence to back up your claim.

Currently looking for them, it's difficult to find them as if they were the link to the profile image it wouldn't work anymore since the image isn't there, but they did exist as profile images for Treyarch's twitter prior to Origins release.

Man another reason I wish this forum allowed uploads instead of only linking to external images. Lots of old posts have broken images.

Word. My best works have not aged well over here. Forum format changes, and lost media, made some of those epic threads shadows of their former selves.

- Mix Uh, boys, you can directly upload images to your posts ever since the site was updated a few months back. :3

I believe it was "My Media" under More Reply Options, I'm on my phone so it doesn't show, but it's not too hard to find.