Mark Lamia's Zombies DICE Summit Presentation (video)

Update:

Here is the full 26 minute presentation of Mark Lamia, "Treyarch's Zombies: Following the Fun to Win Hearts... and Brains" (featured at the DICE 2015 summit)

Direct Link

"Mark Lamia, studio head at Treyarch Games – Lamia will present “Treyarch’s Zombies: Following the Fun to Win Hearts…and Brains,” where he will explore the highly unorthodox development process behind Treyarch’s Zombies mode and the unique creative dialogue the studio has with its global audience of Zombies fans."

Source: http://www.dicesummit.org/news/7_speakers_added_to_dice_2015.asp

It's been a long unsure road, CODZ - but the 3arc 2015 hype machine has finally lit its embers. This only means good things... This is the first we've heard from 3arc since the BO2 slumber, and for this to be the first topic? It's a brilliant bit of allons-y.
  • Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is awesome. Totally epic.

Especially with Mark Lamia. I'm not sure if anyone else felt it, but with Black Ops 2, Vondeharr and Zilenski seemed to be at the forefront of all the dlc, Lamia hardly got a mention. But with Black Ops he was everywhere.

Ooooooooh, I can't wait, roll on February!

Edited by lead_psychopath

Very excited. Zombies in the next CoD is something most of us felt like we knew was coming, but there was always that little doubt and what if. Hearing its coming is great news, but as you say, It being the first thing we hear about is even better news. If they are starting the zombie talk this early, they must be very confidant in the zombie experience they've been working on. This Summit can't come soon enough. 

Won't be expecting much of a reveal on the game modes future at the convention though, but maybe some insight in to what we can expect will do me just fine.

Yup @DeathBringerZen - From what I make of it, sounds like Lamia will be discussing how zombies came to be. Probably similar to what we heard from the dev team at CODXP. I'm certainly not expecting anything related to the 2015 3arc release (although it would be a welcome surprise), but this is a great way to get the conversation started. Obviously they don't want to steal any of SHG's thunder until after the holiday season (per order of Activision).

I share everyone's excitement and enthusiasm, can't wait to learn more!

Won't be expecting much of a reveal on the game modes future at the convention though, but maybe some insight in to what we can expect will do me just fine.

Yup @DeathBringerZen - From what I make of it, sounds like Lamia will be discussing how zombies came to be. Probably similar to what we heard from the dev team at CODXP.

Yeah this is obviously a business presentation. Industry heads give insight into how their franchise runs, what makes it a success, what may have been failures & also innovations & things they implemented into previous games which made them successful.

COD Zombies on the other hand is the perfect example of something small that turned into a massive franchise in itself which nobody could foresee. That's what will make Mark Lamia's presentation I guess.

Though I doubt there will be any info for the next game given, in typical Treyarch hype, expect to see a 2 second clip of something that gets the hype train rolling.

Either way, I really enjoy any interview or background info from any of the developers.

• 2 months later...

I was going to suggest having it on the countdown, then I remembered how long away it was. But maybe you can put may the 4th in the countdown as that is meant to be when the new cod is revealed?

No, everyone is getting hyped up and on twitter etc about a reveal happening for the new CoD from Treyarch.

This has got nothing to do with a reveal, this is purely a business presentation from one studio to another. That is all, they "may" throw a little teaser in but unlikely.

Are you saying no to me or not? As the explanation for what you are saying no for doesnt say anything about may 4th it only says something about the dice thing. Which is still an important thing to zombies.

Not sure what you mean or what I was trying to say.

What I meant was that Mark's presentation to Dice is a business presentation on the 4th February (tomorrow) - it's not a CoD Treyarch reveal presentation.

Oh, you know its also an explanation for the process they go through when making a map? Not saying it has anything in it aside from that.

I guarantee you this is how it goes down.

"Yes we at Treyarch have a very unique relationship with our fanbase. We have consistent correspondence but keep them guessing with cryptic information."

*stares directly into camera*

"PARIS IS THE KEY."

"And we regularly look for constructive criticism from our fans..."

If Paris happens then the one map I have been hoping for that I have started to lose faith in happening will, well happen!

@Hells Warrrior - there is the twitch link