The Storyline! What are Treyarch going to do with it?!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You don't just let richtofen into your body and NOT continue to do things. 

Maxis may be an endgame as he destroys the world. 

As for origins: "My dad has a plan.." 

If you're going to bring up the point that the N4's bodies are around the map in infinity round let me bring up the point of die rise's intro cutscene and how this isn't the first time the N4 have died… 

I'd say we have more evidence of a continued story now then we did at the end of moon…. 

Endings:

Black Ops, Earth is destroyed -> Richtofen is in the control of Aether and Samantha is in his body. Old crew dies, Samantha gains somehow access back to Aether.

Black Ops II:

Maxis, Maxis gains control, dooms the Earth, transfers Richtofen to a zombie body. Maxis and Samantha are reunited and new crew dies.

Richtofen, Richtofen gains full control of Aether, Earth becomes his playground. Richtofen destroys his own body and as result sends Samantha to damnation and Maxis is completely destroyed from all realms. Richtofen takes Samuel's body. New crew dies excluding Samuel who now shares the body with Richtofen.

Origins, the reality of the zombies story is revealed. It's actually a game played by Samantha and Richtofen who are kids, fighting for the control in the game. This was hinted all the way back in Kino Der Toten. The story as we know ends as the children stop playing.

--------------------

What is to come? We continue in the "real" world from the Origins ending. We get completely new story.

Treyarch killed the old story we had for a good reason.

Endings:

Origins, the reality of the zombies story is revealed. It's actually a game played by Samantha and Richtofen who are kids, fighting for the control in the game. This was hinted all the way back in Kino Der Toten. The story as we know ends as the children stop playing.

That's great and all, but Edward Richtofen was never spoke of as being a child back in Kino Der Toten. You could argue that this WAS all just a game. But my arguments against that....

1. Richtofen aka Eddy being a kid? What the hell is that supposed to mean?

2) Does this "game" sound anything like the average game children would play on their spare time? There's next to no way Sam or Eddy could possibly have known about most of this stuff.

3) How exactly do you explain how Sam knew about some of the weapons in black ops 2? It seems as if her and Eddy are in the WW2 era or sometime near then. Many of the blops 2 weapons didn't exist back then.

Hey so I have a couple of questions. If at the end of Buried Maxis gets into Agartha, which lets him control the zombies, then Richtofen does too. Why would Richtofen need to control the zombies if as far as we knew he did? I mean Samantha was meant to be in Agartha in Origins and controlled the zombies too so what is the Aether anymore, a mid point?

• Moderators

I am with @Matuzz on this.

The story line has so many plot holes to the point where I do not even care about it anymore and that is something which happened to a lot of people.

Treyarch realized this and tried to wrap it up.

Which kinda failed, but you can't blame them it is hard to give us a good ending to a bad story. 

I am with @Matuzz on this.

The story line has so many plot holes to the point where I do not even care about it anymore and that is something which happened to a lot of people.

Treyarch realized this and tried to wrap it up.

Which kinda failed, but you can't blame them it is hard to give us a good ending to a bad story. 

I dont think it has ended, maybe just a new chapter. I hope Treyarch actually try and make maps to explain things and give us more context while having mystery. I actually thought Kino der Toten had a lot of good mystery in it. Anyways I always thought that the Origins ending was Sams perception of what was happening while she was controlling the zombies. We have already seen her room with toys in it and then we heard Samantha reference what was going on as a 'game' in Moon when she is actually playable.

Endings:

That's great and all, but Edward Richtofen was never spoke of as being a child back in Kino Der Toten. You could argue that this WAS all just a game. But my arguments against that....

Richtofen is the character of that Eddy kid in the end. As far as the ending goes it is kinda irrelevsant wethere his actual last name is Richtofen or if Samantha's is Maxis. Those were they character who fought for control as the kids themselves did when playing.

2) Does this "game" sound anything like the average game children would play on their spare time? There's next to no way Sam or Eddy could possibly have known about most of this stuff.

Thats the way Treyarch wanted to go with it. As child I had good imagination at least.

3) How exactly do you explain how Sam knew about some of the weapons in black ops 2? It seems as if her and Eddy are in the WW2 era or sometime near then. Many of the blops 2 weapons didn't exist back then.

Guns... I think this has been debated already quite many times in this forum. They are game mechanism not part of the story. There is no need to take everything in this game seriously and try to figure how guns from different eras jump to these maps. So yeah guns = non canon.

Wouldn't it have been a better story just to say that samantha's "room" was just her perception of the aether? Edwards is there because only children control the zombies? But then maxis steps in and demands they go to the bunker, which is argartha, and thus cause them to both become trapped in it. Both want to play however richtofen is the only one who truly knows that the play room is the control room. 

I mean there's nothing to prove any of this but I find this to be far more entertaining then "Oh it's just a game played by children", honestly as far as plot twists go it's a major stick up the a**. 

However there is ONE point I'd like to make with some ground: Samantha's last words: My dad has a plan. 

WHY would her dad need a plan if what was going on outside was indeed WW2/WW1? No single man could have ended that… Not even with access to 115. What else is he trying to fix? What is samantha trying to set right?  SO many questions, so MUCH time with so LITTLE info….

Endings:

Richtofen is the character of that Eddy kid in the end. As far as the ending goes it is kinda irrelevsant wethere his actual last name is Richtofen or if Samantha's is Maxis. Those were they character who fought for control as the kids themselves did when playing.

Thats the way Treyarch wanted to go with it. As child I had good imagination at least.

Guns... I think this has been debated already quite many times in this forum. They are game mechanism not part of the story. There is no need to take everything in this game seriously and try to figure how guns from different eras jump to these maps. So yeah guns = non canon.

When I was 10 I started getting into the zombies story and any time after that I remember playing with toys and making a story with many twists and turns, it is definitely possible that they could have thought of that stuff, as long as they had the free time. But I still believe in the Game Perception theory that Mocking also supports. 

Wouldn't it have been a better story just to say that samantha's "room" was just her perception of the aether? Edwards is there because only children control the zombies? But then maxis steps in and demands they go to the bunker, which is argartha, and thus cause them to both become trapped in it. Both want to play however richtofen is the only one who truly knows that the play room is the control room.

Ha! That's awesome. I've never really thought of it like that.

Samantha's Room = The Æther

The Basement = Agartha

(I still think it's buls**t that kids would know about HAARP, MJ12 , Area 51, Illuminati & all of the other "conspiracy" links that have been hinted throughout the series)

I think treyarch will probs make up some crap about time loops or something :D

Why bother? That's what many people are using already….

It's just a joke....

The time loop is a genuine thing. Even Maxis quotes it in Origins "The Loop must be closed." or he says "The Paradox must be resolved!"

It's just a joke....

The time loop is a genuine thing. Even Maxis quotes it in Origins "The Loop must be closed." or he says "The Paradox must be resolved!"

don't care.

honestly wouldn't mind if they did more "prequel" stuff of sorts.  The story is so convoluted and stupid now, I'm really only concerned about gameplay and zombies just getting back to being fun.  when I first got totally hooked on zombies, via der reise in WaW me nor any of my friends had the first idea about there being a story of any kind. We just knew it was fun as hell

Ill say this, if they are going to rock and roll with a story line, I think they need to wrap up the previous ones into their own thing.

I'm fine with keeping our O4 characters, but they need to totally start over with a new story.  the current one is terrible and too muddled to add to

It's just a joke....

The time loop is a genuine thing. Even Maxis quotes it in Origins "The Loop must be closed." or he says "The Paradox must be resolved!" Ik it probably is the answer but I feel treyarch shouldn't have lost their place in the storyline and should have stayed with the original story from shi no to moon. Now it's too confusing to understand

If I may, I believe we are already seeing the start of the new story line. The Origins cutscene may have actually been a true happening after the events of Origins. More than likely the cutscene is a glimpse at the world that Sam has created for herself within Agartha, and she DOES want her characters to be real, even though she has forgotten that they once were. A new story idea would be to have Maxis or Sam recreate our heroes to fix a problem, or mend a time loop or some random task.