Some truths and lies of Origins:

Question: If you get an ice staff piece from the ground near gen. 2 and then the round ends, turning the weather to rain, you should wait and dig up no more around gen.  2 and 3 until it snows again. 

- Not true, one ice staff piece spawns in each "Section" of the map,just like the robots, one near generators 1, 2, and 3, one around the main dig site, gen 4 and 5, and one near the church and gen. 6. Once you find an ice staff piece, it's good to get any dig site in that general area, resist from digging up piles around the other placed though until it snows. 

Question: All the symbol puzzles are different and reset every game. 

False: While the ice staff's puzzle and fire staff's puzzle can differ in which code is shown, the wind staff will always have the same code, and the lightning staff will also have the exact same code, for those who don't know, the lightning code is always: (Working only with the bottom row) 

Second from the right (6), First from the left (1), third from the left (3). 

Third from the left (3), third from the right (5), first from the right (7).

Middle (4), second from the right (6), second from the left (2). 

And the wind staff always has the following code, if it's not triggering, try positioning it so it's the same code facing a different direction: 

2 sticks, 2 Ls, a dot, and a dot with an F.  

Question: You can dig the same spots over and over again to get the golden shovel. 

Unsure, I'm fairly certain it's false though, I think one has to dig ONE of every dig site around the map to get the golden shovel, to help here's a list: 

(When I list numbers I mean it's on the path between that generator and the other number generator: Ex: 1-3 means the path between generator 1 and 3) 

Ice staff bottom locations: 

1-2: 

1- after the shelter with the possible shield piece and claymores.

2-Right after the door to gen to gen. 2

3-down the right side passage from the generator to the workshop. 

1-3: 

4-Next to the B23R

5-Under the bridge one crosses to get the lightning staff's head. 

6-Next to the Shield piece location beneath gen. 3. 

Middle Ice staff shard locations: 

Excavation site- 5: 

7-Dirrectly to one's right coming out of the workshop.

8- At the foot of the stairs from the excavation site heading up from the workshop. 

9- Just to the right of the stretching tank path between the robot's second footstep and the exit to the workshop. 

10- in the robot's second footstep. 

11- Next to gen 5, next to the crates the yellow disc can spawn on. 

12-in the robot's first footstep

13- to the left on the tank path between Odin's first step and 3rd step 

14-to the right next to the ledge right before odin's 3rd step. 

15- In odin's 3rd footprint. 

16- On the path from odin's 3rd footprint to the church one can find a dig site nestled in the corner of the trench. 

Excavation-4: 

17-In odin's 4th footprint (box location) 

18-In odin's 5th footprint (Against the wall) 

19-In the trenches between the 5th footprint and gen. 4. 

20-towards the back of gen. 4 

21- in odin's 7th footprint, (near the MP40)

22-on the trench path between the church and odin's 5th footstep. 

Ice staff head locations: 

Excavation-6

23-In Freya's first footstep. 

24- In front of the tank

25- behind the tank

26-in Freya's second step.  

27- towards the back left of gen.6 (Next to chest) 

28-Towards the back middle of gen.6

29- Towards the back right of gen. 6 

Question: Dig spots only respawn when it rains. 

-False…Mostly... Dig spots can respawn at the beginning of any round, however it DOES appear to happen more frequently when it rains. 

Question: The tank can crush you. 

Yes, this is not the bus, this is not the friendly AI. This thing can and will run you over and down you, sometimes even while you're riding it. 

Question: you can call the tank from the tank station at any point in the game.

False, only once one has opened the area to the church is this possible.

Question: Once you lose your robot beacons, they're gone forever. 

Not true, once one has obtained their beacons they can receive them from the box.

Question: Hitting the box a ton at the start of the game is a BAD idea. 

This depends on the type of player, on one hand, saving points is cleaver and trustworthy. On the other hand, getting the box to move is needed to get fire sales, as well a M2 or even a regular ray gun is SUPER handy when facing a panzer on round 8. I find the best method is to secure a point-building weapon like the B23R BEFORE hitting the box til it moves, that way you can recover from getting two war machines, a Kap40, a type 25 and monkeys from the box, as well as securing the ability to achieve fire sales. This point is relevant on any zombies map with fire sales.

Question: The fire staff is the best staff: 

False: The staffs are equal in might, but different in tactics. Upgraded all staffs maintain about equal power. The fire staff is the strongest from the beginning, but it's charged attack isn't as useful as others. The lightning staff mat require accuracy but once upgraded it's blasts are quite hazardous. The ice staff may be super powerful with a super powerful upgrade blast, but it takes time to kill the flesh bags, time you may not always have. The wind staff is the weakest from the beginning, as well as low in ammunition even when upgraded. However it's blasts are the quickest to take effect from the four.  

I should also add the staffs also maintain other "special" properties: 

The ice staff can cool down the tank faster, 

The lightning staff can be used with the tank to get extra drops

The fire staff IS the most effective against panzers. 

The wind staff---- has something but I can't remember it… 

Question: If you complete the easter egg before round 15 a new easter egg clip will appear.

NO there is no new clip for finishing the easter egg early… Believe me, despite what any algorithm anyone has given you, there is 100% no way to do the easter egg before round 17. I know, me and some others on this site tried, we did everything like a bloody machine, build windows, saved zombies, used shield for melee kills. We slipped up once with the panzer, but that was when we were all leaving the dig site after our fists were gathered on round 16. You can not do the easter egg before round 15. Besides, if there was a cutscene, we would have found it in the code for the PC version of the game.

Tip: "I can train here" 

No, you can't…. robots, panzers, templar generator attackers, and tedious tasks WILL prevent you from typical training, from any point in the game, at any point, from any where. Keep changing locations to avoid disaster! 

Oh you thought it'd be ok to train at gen. 4? Nope, three panzers just came in hungry for richtofen BBQ and odin is strolling downtown. Bish bang boom, your down for the count. 

Argartha you say? Been down there for a while now… Oh! One of the templars are taking gen. 4! Quick go through the wind tunnel! (Siren noises) "CRAP forgot about the panzer! It's at the mouth of the tunnel! CRAP! OPEN THE TUNNEL! OPEN THE PORTAL NOW OPEN IT NO! GET OUT OF MY WAY SINGLE ZOMBIE!!!!!….."(Game over, you survived 15 rounds.) ….. "bullshit!" (Turns off Xbox, goes and eats… Comes back to play more…) 

Edited by Stop mocking me0
  • Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the lightning staff will also have the exact same code, for those who don't know, the lightning code is always: (Working only with the bottom row) 

Second from the right (6), First from the left (1), third from the left (3). 

Third from the left (3), third from the right (5), first from the right (7).

Middle (4), second from the right (6), second from the left (2). 

I did the EE repeatedly, almost religiously every day.  Always had the lightning staff as I usually don't kill with them and it's the least favorite of my groups.  There was one time, "One" time that I kept trying over and over and it just didn't work.  luckily I had a friend who was playing that is a semi-musician and can read music.  I ended up having to do the middle code then the first and then the last and it worked.  Not sure if it was bugged because it never happened again but since then I always wrote down the code and the corresponding notes just incase for fellow ee hunters.

NO there is no new clip for finishing the easter egg early… Believe me, despite what any algorithm anyone has given you, there is 100% no way to do the easter egg before round 17

That is false. The known record for the EE on co-op (4P) is round 12, and the known record for solo is round 14.

I have finished it solo on 16 myself numerous times and finished it on co-op on 14.

Question: you can call the tank from the tank station at any point in the game.

False, only once one has opened the area to the church is this possible.

Question: The fire staff is the best staff: 

False: The staffs are equal in might, but different in tactics. Upgraded all staffs maintain about equal power. The fire staff is the strongest from the beginning, but it's charged attack isn't as useful as others. The lightning staff mat require accuracy but once upgraded it's blasts are quite hazardous. The ice staff may be super powerful with a super powerful upgrade blast, but it takes time to kill the flesh bags, time you may not always have. The wind staff is the weakest from the beginning, as well as low in ammunition even when upgraded. However it's blasts are the quickest to take effect from the four.  

I should also add the staffs also maintain other "special" properties: 

The ice staff can cool down the tank faster, 

The lightning staff can be used with the tank to get extra drops

The fire staff IS the most effective against panzers. 

The wind staff---- has something but I can't remember it… 

I need to dispute both of these.

Firstly, and this is just a minor thing, the Tank can only be called once it has been purchased ONCE. Simply opening the church won't do it for you.

More importantly, a fair amount of your info in the second one is incorrect. The Lightning staff requires 0 accuracy skills. You can simply aim at the ground beneath a zombie and fire, and you will take out hordes in 1-2 shots at round 25. 

Since when has the Ice Staff cooled down the Tank quicker? I think you are referring to the fact that it takes 0 time to cool after it has been called.

The Lightning staff also doesn't get you drops, simply riding the route after the first circle will yield the drops without ever building the staff (If I recall correctly, if not, then I suppose you are somewhat right)

The Wind staff has no other effects than a charged attack and a single shot. It cannot be used to unlock anything.

The Fire staff is not the best for taking down the Panzers. Believe it or not, the Lightning staff actually is. It's high damage output and large magazine capacity make it ideal for dealing with the mechanised pests. If you do not believe me, the next time you play with staffs, use the lightning staff to take down the Panzer. If you aim at his body, you can drop him in about 5 shots.

A charged fire shot can take them down in one shot if performed correctly, also I should add the ice staff can be used to obtain a free zombie blood by blasting the cart, I knew the ice staff did something but it was late and I was tired. You are correct in that aspect. But the tank does not cool instantly simply from calling it, it has to do with how many players and how long each player rides it, more players, more recharge time, more time actually on the tank, more recharge time. Blue can call the tank, but if green rides it from the church to the first LS part, it will take a bit longer to recharge.

The lightning staff does require accuracy from range, where as the ice staff works in a funnel, the fire staff has a tri-blast effect, and the wind staff has the largest radius, the lightning staff, when used on a zombie a few yards away, may take a shot or two to hit. 

You need to obtain the lighting staff parts and then build the staff from my knowledge, I KNOW you have to grab ALL the parts, but I'm not sure if you have to build it… I would assume so… 

Right from the start...

You can dig up all three ice staff parts by gen2 before going into nml.

You can dig anywhere for the golden shovel.

Digging or not digging doesn't affect when/where ice staff parts show up. In other words, 'saving' mounds (not digging them) is plain wrong.

Sorry man, but a lot of suspect facts in that post.

Ice, lightning fire in a straight line. Fire, wind fire a 3 pronged attack. For the uncharged shots.

Edited by 83457

I'm almost 100% certain you're wrong 83457 about being able to dig up all three ice parts in one location.

Every game I've played, and every guide I've watched and read says you cannot.

If you could post a video showing that you can, I'd much appreciate it.

I don't know about the golden shovel. I've never tracked if it was a specific number, or a specific set of spots.

I also dispute that comment about 'saving mounds is wrong', although it is difficult to do so.

I've had it happen far more often where no ice part would spawn in when I dug up all the mounds prior to a snow round, than when I leave mounds behind.

It doesn't prove anything, but I haven't seen any good proof for your belief either, if you have some, or know where to find some, I'd like to be put at ease so I don't save mounds in the future.

Just keep your eyes open the next time you play solo. Try it both ways a few times. Either one of us could have leaped to an assumption early on, and now our assumption is biasing our data to prove our assumption right.

The Golden Shovel will appear after anywhere between 30-50 digs (I can't remember where, but Boom tested this over the course of 5 games) and the Helm will appear anywhere between 1-30 (or 50, can't recall off the top of my head) digs after you receive the Golden Shovel.

I am in agreement with 83457. I've never really "spoke out" against that theory, but I am almost certain that they can appear absolutely anywhere.

I've never been a believer that saving mounds can affect when you'll get a staff piece, because the Ice Staff pieces only spawn in snow. This gives 4-5 rounds before you can search again, and in that time some will no doubt respawn.

I'm willing to test out these theories here, and put an end once and for all to these myths.

I also don't think it's possible to dig up all ice staff parts on spawn side. Although, I suppose I've never tried not opening no man's land through three snow rounds. I could see it if you dug up a part round 2/3, round 5 and round 10, all while not opening up doors further.

I don't save mounds either. I think even if everything is dug before a snow round, however many ice parts left will still spawn the next round.

No it isn't possible to get all the ice staff parts from the same area, I know. 

I noticed it way back that 100% of the time, the claw of the ice staff ONLY spawned at church. Later when I was playing "trench-only" I got to round 10 and ONLY ONE ice staff part spawned. After that, for months I've observed the same pieces come from the same areas of the map. Believe me I am 100% sure on this aspect.  

And yes, the ice staff does not always spawn. Sometimes if one has dug up, say, four of the seven mounds around the church, there's no guarantee that any ice staff piece will spawn in one of those final 3 places. And they won't spawn anywhere else, so you'll have to wait until a later round. I've seen this too with a group of dig-greedy children. 

@Niatrax you said the golden shovel appears every game after around 30 digs? Well as it happens there's just under 30 different dig spots on the map, if he scouted out each one over the course of the game and dug it, it's very possible he achieved the golden shovel not from the QUANTITY of digging but simply digging one of everything. I'll go play a solo game right now, and only dig each spot once, if I get the golden shovel, it's true, if not, then it is quantity. 

I would like to see the ice staff thing tested. That should be an easy test.

Likewise with Mocking's theory of digging up each spot once. That should be an easy test.

A harder test would be determining if saving mounds affects anything.

Without analyzing the code to see if the game decides what is in a mound at 'birth' or when it is dug up, the best we can do is 10 games without saving, and 10 games with, and analyze the percentage of each which allowed for full completetion of the ice staff by the end of the first snow round.

Games will have to be given set parameters (no opening both trench gens, no opening gen 5, no opening back of church) or only games in which all are opened before the snow end will be accepted. The matches need to be as similar as possible.

Tried it, worked, one of every dig spot.. Got really freaking annoying… Had to get a second player in to dig up spots I already claimed so new ones would spawn.. Took to round 23 for there to finally spawn outside the front of the tank station… Bullshit… 

While I was there I tested some other things: 

UPGRADED lightning staff is needed for free drops (unless they are unachievable in Solo)

Also, once again, I  got the claw from the church, the middle piece from the excavation site, and the bottom piece from the trenches. 

I was unable to get a piece to spawn on a snow round BTW, as I had reaped the place dry before that round. 

Awesome. I'm going to verify Mocking's result with the 'one of each' theory, and then I'll try to only dig up mounds in the main no mans land (most dig site possibilities) during snow rounds on a different game for at least 4 snow rounds.

If it doesn't give me anything other than the middle staff section, then that will also be pretty well proven.

I'm still trying to come up with an acceptable method to test whether saving mounds for snow rounds matter at all.

EDIT:

Survived three snow rounds, and only dug in No Mans Land during them, round 4, 10, and 13.

Only got the middle section of the staff.

must have dug up at least 5+ mounts each time the snow round started in the section.

I got that middle piece on the second mound of round 4. After that never saw a staff piece.

I'll keep repeating, but there is no way I can truly 'prove' it wrong. However luckily I have a little bit of logic on my side.

You see, there is this logic fallacy called ad ignorantiam, which is claiming that something is true because it has not been shown false. Mocking, I, and probably dozens other here can readily supply proof that you get a specific staff part from each section, and that you need to dig in each section to get all three parts.

The ball is now in your court to give proof that you can all three staff parts in one location.

As for the dig once in each spot hypothesis, I got the golden shovel at 29 digs, however I did NOT dig each spot once. I missed 6 spots, and dug 6 spots twice.

7 digs in the trenches, 15 digs in the no mans land, 7 digs in the church.

Edited by MegaAfroMan
  • Tech Admin

FACT

You can have the ice staff, wind staff and lighting staff built by round 3 ;)

FACT

The ice staff parts will only spawn in 4 locations

1. between spawn and gen 3
  2. between spawn and gen 2
  3. between gen 2, 4, 5,
  4. between church and gen 6

You can only get 1 ice staff part from each of those locations - the first 2 will change in location.

FACT

Spamming the box at gen 2 or 3 is a waste of time, why hit the box when you can get 3 staff's built by round 3? GET yer arse to NML and and open the bloody doors - don't spend money on the box when it's not needed.

FACT

You can get the 2 and 3rd lighting parts from tank station to church with one player, as long as that player has stamina up

FACT

You can line up the lighting generators from spawn all the way to church as you start and progress through - saves you having to come out of agartha and doing them and saves time

FACT

You can line up the lights in the dig site and hit the ball before doing each part of the staff upgrade, as long as the puzzle has been done.

FACT

You don't need to fill the chests if you have a lighting staff to get the bombs (can't remember the proper name) but melee hit with the staff (before it's upgraded) to clean the stone.

FACT

You can have the ice staff, wind staff and lighting staff built by round 3 ;)

FACT

The ice staff parts will only spawn in 4 locations

• between spawn and gen 3
  • between spawn and gen 2
  • between gen 2, 4, 5,
  • between church and gen 6
You can only get 1 ice staff part from each of those locations - the first 2 will change in location.

FACT

Spamming the box at gen 2 or 3 is a waste of time, why hit the box when you can get 3 staff's built by round 3? GET yer arse to NML and and open the bloody doors - don't spend money on the box when it's not needed.

FACT

You can get the 2 and 3rd lighting parts from tank station to church with one player, as long as that player has stamina up

FACT

You can line up the lighting generators from spawn all the way to church as you start and progress through - saves you having to come out of agartha and doing them and saves time

FACT

You can line up the lights in the dig site and hit the ball before doing each part of the staff upgrade, as long as the puzzle has been done.

FACT

You don't need to fill the chests if you have a lighting staff to get the bombs (can't remember the proper name) but melee hit with the staff (before it's upgraded) to clean the stone.

Dude, I gotta ask, how the heck can you get 3 staffs built by round 3!? It's 2250 points just to open pack a punch!

If there's a magic way of obtaining points, please tell me!

I know I've had them built by at least 5. On a really good game I could see three.

It requires you to have openned every door practically, save one of the two sides of the starting trenches.

+225 (no reason you can't get 10 gen zombie kills on round 1)

+125

+125

+125

+100

+25

total cost= 10025

you start with 500 so the remaining 9525 points you have to earn via pistol spamming, blood monies, windows, and kills.

I know I can repeatably get around 2100 on round 1 alone. So if you're lucky with double points, carpenters, and end of round nukes, you could probably do this.

Although Hells Warrior, I'd say it's a tough thing to do repeatably by the end of round three most games.

• Tech Admin

Yes it is, but it's about cost saving and luck as well.

All you need to buy is 3 doors, 3250 points, and then open church, and I said built I meant collected so I apologise for that, as you need 1250 to get to gen 5 and you need 1500 to get to gen 6 - so building them is difficult but you can have all the parts for them and built if lady luck is on your side.

When playing co-op remember that sharing the load is pivotal.

The ice Staff parts cannot be found in the same area. They only ever spawn in the 3 seperate areas, namely around gen 1/2/3 for the first part, NML for the second and around church area for the 3rd part. There is no way that the 3 parts can ever be found around the same area.

Lightning parts also only need to be picked up for the power ups to spawn in the 3 lightning staff areas. You do not need to build the staff.

• Tech Admin

@lead_psychopath

I forgot to say if you stay in spawn for the first 3 rounds, you should have maximised the amount of drops you can get from the zombies penetrating the windows, killing 10 zombies when switching gen 1 on. This should give you a max ammo at least and potentially a double points. I prefer the gen 2 route first, as usually the foot at gen 2 is the first but it is random.

Get gen 2 on, spend the next round at gen 2 and keep a zombie alive on round 3.

You shouldn't have spent any money apart from open spawn door and gen 2 door, 1750 points. Doesn't matter who does it, just as long as someone does it and everyone is on the same wave length.

1250 to open workshop and then 1500 to open NML, so someone should have 2750 points from the remaining 3 players (actually need 6250 points now between 4 players but you need to have enough to clear the barricades otherwise you won't do it til 4, so it's important to get all ice parts by leaving dig site barricade until you have church opened (both barricades 2750 points).

If you do this, then you can access the tank, you can get the lighting parts, you can get into all feet of the robots and you have all ice parts.

10750 points between 4 players on round 3 can be done easily, communication is key so players you know and will listen and follow the plan is crucial otherwise it's a waste of time and you will need to wait until round 10 at the earliest.

What I will say, is get the staffs done early x3 and you are set for a good game and a high round 4 player co-op game could and should be on the cards. You could potentially have the entire easter egg done by round 10/11/12.

Talking of easter egg, I was saying to @DeathBringerZen yesterday and @ that the record attempt for the quickest easter egg run should be attempted again. I'm so up for the challenge.