TOTW - Sunday 04/27

Chopper

Hey Guys,

This is the inaugural Topic of the Week which will nominated by you guys, and decided by a committee.

I changed it up a little and decided to run it from Sunday to Saturday, with nominations made on Sunday and then a decision made late on Sunday.

This isn't the longest open period, but due to it being weekly it's difficult to pick the best time.  In the future, if any user doesn't think they will be on the site when the nominations are open, they can email myself or any of the committee with their nomination anytime from the Friday before the nominations open on the Sunday,

This could be changed if it doesn't suit, but for this one it's as is.

I don't want to have stringent rules around what defines the TOTW, just use common sense.  If there are no stand out topics made in the prior week, nothing wrong with using an old one especially if it has had recent activity.

Any issues at all with nominations will be decided by the committee.  This first committee will be staff, for this first nominated TOTW.

Ideally I want it to be 3 staff, 3 members and the UOTM and that should be decided for next time.

Please put a link to any topic you wish to be considered for this, with your reasons for nominating it.

Chopper.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

So we just nominate a topic to be the focus over the net week? Ok… 

Personally, I kind of want this topic to be read by as many people as possible: 

Modded Minecraft usage for custom mapping in zombies

And that's just my two cents worth… 

I am pretty sure the idea is to find the best topic of the past week.

Not the topic that should get the most publicity for the next week.

Correct me if I am wrong, Chopper.

So we just nominate a topic to be the focus over the net week? Ok… 

Personally, I kind of want this topic to be read by as many people as possible: 

Modded Minecraft usage for custom mapping in zombies

And that's just my two cents worth… 

I am pretty sure the idea is to find the best topic of the past week.

Not the topic that should get the most publicity for the next week.

Correct me if I am wrong, Chopper.

Yeah I'm probably wrong, I didn't read the itinerary, I just figured featured topic meant any topic that would/could/should be brought to peoples attention.

My bad!  :unsure:

I am putting this up - http://www.callofdutyzombies.com/forum/index.php/topic/159307-kino-der-toten-solo-strategy/

I thought this was a clever little guide going back to basics.  I've seen stuff similar before but not for a while and it was clear that it had been used by Ulysses to get his personal high round.

It's like that Mocking - a topic you have seen in the last week that you enjoyed, remembered or something similar.  Once we have a few, we decide a winner and it's featured on the home page (I might need to be corrected on that?)....

The topic starter also gets a medal.

• Administrators

I am putting this up - http://www.callofdutyzombies.com/forum/index.php/topic/159307-kino-der-toten-solo-strategy/

I thought this was a clever little guide going back to basics.  I've seen stuff similar before but not for a while and it was clear that it had been used by Ulysses to get his personal high round.

It's like that Mocking - a topic you have seen in the last week that you enjoyed, remembered or something similar.  Once we have a few, we decide a winner and it's featured on the home page (I might need to be corrected on that?)....

The topic starter also gets a medal.

2nd the nomination for this thread. I missed it the first time through. It's a nice guide and it's actually bum bum bum zombie related. A topic that is seldom seen these days.

Given Face Behind the Avatar we technically started this week, but really has gone on all month, that would get my nomination. Boom brought the community together in a really cool way I think, we all saw each other in a new way for the better to open ourselves up. 

• Moderators

http://www.callofdutyzombies.com/forum/index.php/topic/159301-neuroleptics/

I'm going with Lenne's topic.

It may not be zombies related, but it takes bravery to tell about yourself like that.

Thanks for the nomination, Delta, but I would rather keep that topic from beeing seen on the top of the site for a whole week it would make me feel uncomfortable.

So exclude my thread from the voting process, please.

I would have like to nominate Naitrax' Ranking System 2.0 thread : http://www.callofdutyzombies.com/forum/index.php/topic/159137-zombies-ranking-system-20-how-it-should-work/ I found the concept for it to be sound, and it is an issue that has not been brought up too often.

Picking a TOTW was tough. There was not an abundance of threads to choose from, but the ones there was were all very good. Stop Mocking Me0 delivered some quality threads, as did Dahniska, CheeseGrater28, Boom and MMX, but I have opted for Naitrax on this occasion.