How would you define the best player ?

Beautiful sunny 50s today in Western PA. Went shopping today with the misses and bought a couple Spyder products. A mid weight full zipper and a sweater hoody for less than $160, I consider myself a shopping genius.

Had a game a few nights ago, with three randoms on my favorite map Five. The four of us kinda played separately and each had a different type of game. When the game ended on 26, I couldn't decide who was the best player and who was the worst.

Player A was your classic definition of juggernaut. He ran away with kills early and never looked back. He ran the war room and rarely needed help. By round 26 he had 6 downs, but as the white player he attracted the most attention and on a few occasions was the victim of guys messing up his trains.

Player B had the highest round going in, and one of two with their mikes on. He basically called the shots and organized the team, in a very efficient and democratic way. He had three downs, all from heroic revives in traffic.

Player C was me. I never really helped out nor was I in the way. I barely cracked 200 kills by round 26, camping in the PAP most of the time. My only down ended the game, flushed out of the PAP into the teleporter, was sent upstairs. My original plan was to call the elevator and blast my way safe until the elevator came. Player B was calling "Blast away!" and the rebel in me didn't comply. I did a half loop past Speed but didn't quite make it.

Player D had the other mike. He was a decent team player who contributed selflessly. Had two early downs but never looked back. Until player B went down in the basement and he was trying his best to revive. Had the second highest amount of kills and number of selfless plays that kept everyone going.

In your eye, who was most valuable to this team? Who had the best game? Who would you want on your team?

Thanks for reading, enjoy your weekend.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree. That was a team game, even if you didn't rack up points, you chose to take that position and did your job as well as others did. Kudos all around for a game of randoms with 2 mics.

In conclusion, the best player is the one who pays me the most cash to say they are.

I would agree with the idea that there was no "Best player" in regrades to skill, you played as a team and everyone fulfilled their roles. The guy with the most kills would have got them because his role required it, Who's to say you would have done better or worse in his situation. The same applies to the role of leader, only one person had the chance to be leader so I couldn't say if he was the best at it.

But within in the team it sounds like D would be the best player in my eyes, if he was willing to give up his own points/downs ect. to help keep the team going he played a very important role that some find hard to accept. He may not be the best in term of skill but if he was able to remain happy with a few early downs and a selfless role he would be the best team player.

They all sound good, but forced to pick, I pick B. He was the leader, and one thing you need above all when fighting zombies, is a plan. Winging it is a ticket to death. When you also say he did well and sacrificed himself, that immediately says that he is the best. Sure, Jay, you may have only gotten one down, so that could be consideration. However, you were basically hiding, avoiding the action of the war. As such you got less kills, action, and death. You only went down once because when everyone involved in the war went down, they had to go find you to kill you, so to speak. There's nothing wrong with your actions. In fact, in many a plan one guy must swallow his pride and do the less glorious job. (Crawler watching anyone?) However that job does not let you show off your skill. A is a loner who could be good by himself; however he is not by himself. D is a support, a jack-of-all-trades if you will. Useful, but not the "best". So someone watching this game alone, would say that B is the best. 

• Administrators

Player B sounds like the right guy for the title, but it's hard to say. When everyone is contributing in some fashion, it's easier to say that they were all great players in their own line of duty. Calling out orders doesn't make you the superior slayer, but neither does sacrificing yourself every time to get a revive in. The best player is someone who is very efficient in a certain task and can do it successfully without screwing anyone else up in the process.

It's especially true considering that this is Multiplayer we're talking about.