Your role for the game

Normally when I log on, I scan through the topics for guys I know who always leave good posts. After spending some time on these forums you develop a good idea who is readable, who to avoid, and who are really good. We all have tendencies, with enough sample size you could form characteristics on these individuals you share the forums with.

Believe it or not, you have some gaming tendencies too. In a team environment, certain guys are built for certain roles and others capable of anything, depending on the situation. Regardless of roles and situations, you work together to get the job done. No matter how good you are individually, playing as a team gets you further and faster.

I have been in many games where everyone wants a certain way, or no one takes charge of the situations. Both could work or be disastrous. Some guys run away with points and kills but from only because of the others. Sometimes the little guy camping inside the PAP is the reason why everyone is still alive.

Playing this game long enough, you realize that often the guy who alertly flips the switches while everyone cashing in on the fire sale is the unsung hero. The guy who purposely give up the easiest camping spots for others never gets credit. The guy who throws the monkey at the right moment, the guy's support fire barely saves you from a down, or the guy who never gets in your way. Those guys never get any love, yet crucial to your success.

Who type or role do you prefer? Or are you capable of any pending your team?

I enjoy being that guy that no-one pays attention too, yet makes enough big plays quietly and efficiently. If necessary, I could call on my inner Way and take all the kills. Either way, I watch what my team does and do what they need on support.

What is your role? What role do you prefer to be at your best?

Thanks for reading, enjoy your Thursday.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like reviving people and keeping the game going, while I also like being the scumbag to get the wonder weapon first as I presume (usually correctly) that I am the only person who knows how to use it. I constantly take the sliquifier in Die Rise so I can keep the game going should my teammates go down. Also, I enjoy being the player with the most headshots, I can't stand missing my headshots past round 5.

Like you said, I try to be quiet most of the time and contribute to the team silently and make big plays when needed. I have like a bit of an alarm system when I play zombies, when 1 player goes down I have an orange flag, ok, calm down with the kills, help the others who are reviving, perhaps the closest one to them, but if you have spent enough time in the game, you can tell what are their chances of reviving at Round 22 on five with 2 ppl in war room (outside pack  punch), me in speed cola and one in basement. When 2 goes down I often try and communicate with the remaining player that something needs to be done either on his end or mine, and I personally try and do the dirty work of grouping the zombies while they get the revive. This way, if needed I can clutch the game. yes, I like to be the Last man standing, and when I am in the trolling mood, I kill all the zombies but one and blow myself with a grenade.

When I play with friends that I know are good, it is mostly like a social gathering, Instead I like to be aggressive, steal them kills, get the most headshots or simply stay calm and collected if you know that your team is going to count on you.

I tend to lead the majority of the time.

My friends and I always plan our various strategies carefully, but when shit goes wrong you need one voice 'advising'. I'm a pretty loud and chatty person as everyone who has ever played with me will confirm so it tends to make sense.

In the few random lobbies I play, it all depends on how the others are. If they want to play as a team generally I will have the most knowledge and will be forthright with it. I only take control if it goes really wonky and someone is on the verge of leaving.

I tend to lead the majority of the time.

My friends and I always plan our various strategies carefully, but when shit goes wrong you need one voice 'advising'. I'm a pretty loud and chatty person as everyone who has ever played with me will confirm so it tends to make sense.

In the few random lobbies I play, it all depends on how the others are. If they want to play as a team generally I will have the most knowledge and will be forthright with it. I only take control if it goes really wonky and someone is on the verge of leaving.

This, except that I don't do randoms anymore.

Almost every job that I've had, I've been quickly made manager/foreman. Also, by weird coincidence, almost every boss has called me 'Slick'.

When i did play randoms, i tried to let others call the shots (unless they want to camp Der Riese catwalk, hate that stragedy), but usually they realized in the long run that i knew what i was doing and turned to me for answers.

At op, i disagree on this point: one should get way further solo than in a group. Maybe not you, but solo usually gets much further for those I've talked to. (shrug). Unless i misinterpreted your statement.

Main attributes: 

-Organisation,

-Easter eggs, 

-Reviving, 

-Keeping the team well-oiled and alive. 

Main downfalls: 

-Poor planing can leave me without amo… but only rarely...

-Overestimating my knife's ability

-L-A-G

-Quiet (due to headset)

-getting caught on that ONE stupid entity. 

-Poor tolerance of annoyance: This includes but is not limited to squeekers, "ugg you suck why did you let me go down", "Hey you know if you hold a grenade in your hand for 5 seconds and jump in front of the tank you'll glitch through the map and see samantha", "Yeah I enjoyed the storyline of origins" 

-(that last one was a joke FYI) 

I believe myself able to take on the role that is necessary for the team. I often take the lead, crafting the plan for the team. Sometimes I'll be the mediator and try to come up with solutions to everyone's benefit. Many a time I'll be the medic with the Ballistic Knife. Often I'll try to be the powerhouse with everything (or through others' deaths, the title comes to me). And more often than not, I'm the sacrifice who went down trying to save someone.

I think that when a team truly has the optimal amount of teamwork possible, there will be no possible way to say anyone could've been left out. If you can say, "Well, we could've done with without player X", then there's a problem. But if you try removing one person, no matter who it is, and the team no longer makes it, THAT is great teamwork.

Among my friends IRL, they acknowledge me as the most skilled player among them, so they listen to what I say. That doesn't necessarily mean leading the charge though. I prefer to be in the rear with the gear if you know what I mean. I instruct them in such a way that they will end up armed to the teeth with wonder weapons and LMGs like they want, and I'll hang back with my Afterburner and Mustang and Sally. So I take charge in a manner of speaking (Telling them the best times to open doors, who should be where, who should get what weapon) but I do it so that everyone ends up how / where they want to be. It's more like orchestrating than commanding.

Being the team's leader isn't nearly as fun as being the team's master of puppets.

edit: gameplay-wise, I end up playing medic, in a manner of speaking. Let's use an example.

4 man game of origins, I'm near the church, Player X is at generator 4, Player Y is at generator 2, and Z goes down in fire tunnel. Everyone panics because they've got their own zombies to deal with. I tell X to hop along the tank path and catch Z's zombies, and lead them around to the tank station. While he's doing that I tell Y to cut through the bunker past generator 3 and snag the revive. meanwhile I remain the lifeline, there to clutch in case every one goes down (since I'm the most capable.) So I don't always do the dirty work, but I end up orchestrating medic operations quite a lot.