Alternatives to zombieRecords.net ?

strett

Question

So wingsofoblivion posted a video exposing Sithbas as a cheat. 

Sithbas is the founder of www.zombierecords.net.

So are there any alternatives to zombierecords.

Wings of oblivion is a cheat also and I wouldn't have seen this until I saw other people comment on his video. 

• Answers 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

This may be slightly irrelevant,

But since I haven't seen any other parts about this yet,

Can I just point out, why the hell would he even their a grenade in a situation like that anyway? I mean, if he's pro, then he probably knew that repeating grenades shows you down, holding you from sprinting. Basically it'd be counter productive.

Anyways, yeah, are there any other alternatives cause I definitely can't trust this anymore.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk

Thread unlocked.

Please note that we always had a leaderboard thread for high rounds which was not being updated for some reason. Regardless of the fact that Sithbas glitched or not, that site has several other records which were considered legit. But, in any case we can resume our leaderboards thread here if we need to track high round records.

Time permit I will create a new thread or we can update the existing leaderboards thread with new records. Keep in mind that it is quite laborious task and requires a lot of effort.

I think the idea should be pitched to Hells Warrior, Strwrs Bob and the rest of the staff to creat a new "page" on the front page at say callofdutyzombies.com/records which can function to allow people to submit and view records.

Filling this new vacuum could do us well as a site.

Although I support NOT doing this in the forum format via threads. It could look more "official" to have it as a unique page seperate from the forum.

• Administrators

Not a problem at all. Each score would be manually reviewed by staff before they are entered into the Leaderboards. Proof would need to be submitted, preferably by some short video clip or image link. I can definitely implement it.

In the meantime, if anyone has scores to send in now, please message me with the following information:

Gamterag/PSN/Steam ID:

Map:
Round:

Proof:

I will tell you personally that this will draw in members to the site.

Back in the day, I had a Kino Der Toten Solo Leaderboard that had people signing up on the site literally just to submit their score. That was of course back when BO was still relevant, but the point remains.

I'm sure it'd be alot easier to keep the records up to date now too. It was a daunting task keeping that thread updated and formatted correctly in the past, to say the very least.

Thanks for the link Infest. I never realized we had those leaderboards to be honest. Are they only accessible through the front page? If we do decide to implement the leaderboards more, we should definitely create a link or drop down menu or something at the top of the page so people can easily find and access them.

I'd really love to see this take off.

Don't forget to add Solo and Co-Op areas. And whether you want Co-Op to just be Co-Op or seperated into 2p, 3p and 4p.

Something seems fishy about this whole thing. I watched most of the video. I don't know if you'd consider that proof or not, as I'm not an expert in that sorta stuff. Seems like Wings is pointing out the truth, but I honestly can't stand Wings. And also, I'm pretty sure he said he threw away his dongle hacker thingy, and yet he still has it to prove a point.

Whatever the outcome, I wonder how this affect people's perception on high rounds and records?

• Administrators

Infest+Warrior, don't underestimate the amount of work that is needed to own and operate a high round leaderboard. In order to prove the legitamacy of the record the user will have to provide full game play which will need reviewed (Most use the Twitch archive feature for this). This would be a huge undertaking requiring hours and hours of work on your behalf. It would also be to your benefit to learn the ins and out of game mods/glitches. Just a fair warning.

Infest+Warrior, don't underestimate the amount of work that is needed to own and operate a high round leaderboard. In order to prove the legitamacy of the record the user will have to provide full game play which will need reviewed (Most use the Twitch archive feature for this). This would be a huge undertaking requiring hours and hours of work on your behalf. It would also be to your benefit to learn the ins and out of game mods/glitches. Just a fair warning.

This^

It seems almost impossible to keep a clean leaderboard when the proof needed would be entire gameplay videos, which last for hours. Even if someone posted a video of the last two hours of their game, they could have easily sat in a glitch to speed past the first rounds so they can easily take shots at higher rounds in more games. And now that the game never gets looked at by Treyarch, mods and glitchers get more and more freedom with the game. 

I suggested this the other day and someone asked about it yesterday. You should make Challenge Leaderboards. Organize a nice simple challenge which consists of games that probably only last about three hours. Run it like a tournament for three weeks where people submit their scores. Then you only need to watch the top four in theater mode to check the score. Then you make a winners chart where those four top scorers get their names listed with the challange and are awarded a forum award emblem of some sort, and can even be given points for an overall challenge leaderboard. That way you can have a growing list of fun challenges, a list of people who won those challenges with their top rounds, so people have a goal to try and hit just for fun, and a nice friendly competitive leaderboard for the overall challenges, like the Hangman game. All in one spot. 

This would add new reasons and gameplay aspects to keep people playing while things are down and allow for a clean leaderboard since you really only need to check the top 4 scorers. And 4 gameplay videos for a challenge that last for maybe three hours, every three weeks, is a lot easier to check than 10+ hour games for high rounds on any map. 

I agree with most of what you guys said regarding legitimacy and proof. This is why live streaming games is an only Sure way of proving someones high rounds are legit and valid. Not everyone has the hardware (or internet upload speed) to stream, so you can't blame what they post or upload as proof. This is the reason I mentioned the task of maintaining the leader boards is laborious and painful. I used to be staff at that site when BO2 was still hot and trust me the process of verification was not easy. There were so many people that cheated and uploaded first room records and high rounds that were later removed.

I really hope treyarch adds some sort of anti-cheat system in their game that actually works. Something like theater mode but more reliable.

I would be against having them on here.

Not only for reasons that others have mentioned, but mainly down to some of the people who would then be visiting here and putting complaining threads all over the forum.

Someone I know is in the process of setting up a site for this. They have a big enough channel that they can make it work and I will be somewhat involved so can assure all out there that there will be a new community site up soon, with what you guys want.

• Administrators

I definitely understand where you are coming from with the complaints ect. It's pretty much the other side of the community cod-wise and I don't think that is the audience CoDZ needs to targeting at the moment. However, a small CoDZ leaderboard could be good fun for our regular members and be more reasonably manged. I would steer clear of representing it as the standard for the entire zombies community.

I definitely understand where you are coming from with the complaints ect. It's pretty much the other side of the community cod-wise and I don't think that is the audience CoDZ needs to targeting at the moment. However, a small CoDZ leaderboard could be good fun for our regular members and be more reasonably manged. I would steer clear of representing it as the standard for the entire zombies community.

Yes I think that would be great.  A leaderboard that requires an active membership to this forum to be on would be brilliant.

Just not publicised if you know what I mean.  We really imo do not want to be dealing with some of the dregs and complete arseholes that populate youtube :)

I think yes it'd bring complainers, but it also has the potential to be contributers.

Regardless it will increase traffic.

Yes the process is laborious, but so what?

Appoint a handful of members to verification positions, or take applications from the general public.

You don't need to pile it on the existing forum staff.

Ideally the only thing that should connect our record board with our discussion board should be the url.

You shouldn't have to even touch the discussion boards if you are only interested in the leader boards and visa versa.

And Chopper, I'm sure a LOT of people will be trying to fill this vacuum. Not just your friend.

I personally believe we would be a fool to not even attempt to move into this new market.

I mean consider this:

After some painful advertising and getting the word out there, after appointing enough people to be able to handle the time demands, and after finally have viewers, you could attach ads to that page. Generate a minor income to help offset the cost of hosting and still honor carbon's stance on never having ads on the forum.

Is this guaranteed? No of course not. It's still worth the effort.

Are we REALLY splitting up an already tiny market even smaller? "The OTHER side of the zombies community"?

No no. It is one market. Don't route the people through the forum at all. If they want to join that's their perrogative. There should be nothing making them join the forum, and nothing making them even touch or look at the forum.

• Administrators

Are we REALLY splitting up an already tiny market even smaller? "The OTHER side of the zombies community"?

Yes, you must not be familiar with that end. CoDZ is basically a utopia compared to the competitive forums. Do you remember bluntman? Imagine a forum with 500 of him. Constantly spamming and messaging to get their point across or to call someone out for some minor flaw in their game (typically with some racial slurs mixed in there). It's not the people making the records it's more the folks who follow them around.

• Administrators

Again relates back to my point: No forum connections to the leader boards.

There doesn't need to be one. Just an area where leader board staff post the approved records, and an area where the public (or users if you make them sign up) submits their claim and proof.

What benifit would this have for the forum?

Income for the site benefits us all assuming we put ads on it.

Minorly it can add a bit of fame back to the callofdutyzombie.com name, even if it is only really directed at callofdutyzombies.com/records.

It can serve as a free location to advertise the forum IF we so decide.

It keeps competition from sprouting up.

Income if we put ads on it, is the largest thing.

It would cost more in the short to long term, against the chance of making a little income sometime in the future.

As someone who was involved in zombie records, and someone who understands the sites finances as is, I'm still against it.

It's up to the staff tbh, but that is my opinion.

• Administrators

I like the idea of the Leaderboards being centralized towards our faithful members. I can honestly say that I have good faith in our own kin for their round claims so long as they submit some kind of proof. Does an image or short video justify a world record? No, because (as said before) a livestream via Twitch is the only acceptable candidate that record holders and the record community has put their faith into. They are very much welcome to join the community and post their records onto our leaderboards (with the necessary proof of course). But as far as making us the "better Zombies leaderboard", it's really hard to justify that when good points - from Mega, Chopper, Boom - have arisen that could somewhat hurt us. 

As much as income would benefit us, we've been maintaining the "no ad" policy for a good reason. To initiate advertisements on the frontpage is to go against that ideal. Not really my choice, or yours, or anyone else's but the request of the owner of CoDz - that is, carbonfibah. The only way I can see income in this kind of deal is by introducing Chopper's Challenge System where you pay a small one-time fee to enter a competition that includes specific match challenges (i.e. first room, no powers, no perks, etc.). There is a possibility that a world record could be made - or broken - in that scenario. Based on how many competitors enter, prizes can be given and any excess would be profit to help sustain not only future competitions but CoDz itself.

(Kinda strayed off course on this point, but the focus is that we can't allow ads on CoDz because that is the "divine rule" set by carbon. That being said, others means related to Leaderboards in some way has to be made.)

Nevertheless, the Leaderboards we have, if fully maximized, can gain serious attention beyond our own reach of the entire Zombies community. It would take a great deal of work if we pursued it seriously. Even if we restricted it to our own members with good intentions (no world records being transferred into ours unless made by one of our own), we could create smaller divisions of the Leaderboards as Cheesegrater suggested. That way, you're giving more options to potential record holders in given challenges.

Der Riese - No Power Challenge
Name Round Console Image/Video
ikillzombies420errday 43 Xbox 360 twitchsocialicon_64px_by_flyingbandicoot

Very rough, but something to that effect. In the Leaderboards page, there would be separate, smaller leaderboard blocks containing the stats for the challenges. For example, you have the main Leaderboard table for the highest round in Der Riese. Below that table are two smaller tables - one for First Room Challenge, and one for No Power.