*update* 4-28-14 New Black Ops 2 MP weapon camos - possible MP camo version of Mob of the Dead PAP camo!?

new BO2 personalization packs coming!  nearly 16 months after release! awesome news!

"

Also, for Call of Duty fans who continue to enjoy Black Ops II, here's some more good news: Four new Personalization Packs will be available on Tuesday for $1.99 each. Each set offers a weapon camo, three reticles, and an animated calling card. I don't have images of these yet, but I do have names and descriptions:

• Beast, which is "inspired by nature's most lethal predators";
  • Dead Man's Hand, influenced by Old West gunslingers and card players;
  • Octane, which aims to please racing fans; and
  • Weaponized 115, based on the Treyarch’s epic Zombies experience, Origins

"

via oneofswords.com our good friend Dan Amrich

http://www.oneofswords.com/community/1os/blog/2014/02/27/new-customization-items-coming-soon-for-cod-ghosts-and-black-ops-ii#.Uw-pE3d1Ajo

could it be the actual PaP camo from Origins?? if so i am beside myself with excitement, especially since i've been playing BO2 multiplayer again since ghosts has disappointed me overall

:edit: updated Topic title to better reflect the thread topic 3/4/14

*Update* 4-28-14

Treyarch seems to have been teasing new MP personalization packs via their twitter header again

here is today's:

3arctwit2_zpsd1e88e69.png

looks to me like a different color scheme take on the PAP camo from Mob of the Dead (much like the weaponized 115 camo was to the origins PaP camo)

thoughts??

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the 3 year development cycle for CoD allows the devs to make more DLC for their games now.

It was never a marketing decision to cut off DLC it always a decision made to put more time towards the development of the next game.

So while it's not very likely this is a good sign for some potential Zombies DLC I guess?

It certainly doesn't hurt the chances at all!

Weaponized 115? Damn. Looks green, in contrast to the blue. This just makes me even more confused lol

well, i think it's very similar to the Pack-a-punch personalization pack, that is very similar but slightly different from the WaW PaP camo, but with the gold trim.  So they want it to be an homage or a nod to the zombies camo, but a little different to place itself apart.   I think it is great, but more importantly, I think they've seen how much play BO2 is still getting and realize we still would be interested in new content!

SUPER stretch here but I have a dream scenario:

Treyarch releases a short video showing the camos off (which they have done with the previous camo set) and at the end of the video there is a split second where they show footage from a remastered zombie map!  Said map will be released later with another set of camos, and the process would be repeated 2-3 more times.

Again this is only what I WISH to happen.  I won't be surprised if this is the only set of dlc that they release,  but I like to think about it!

Nice!  Yeah, in fact I almost like the Green hue better because it kinda separates it from the zombies side of things while keeping the whole iridescent "glowing" type of look.  Does anyone have a screen shot of the scorpion with the Origins PaP skin to compare? Just curious to see a side by side comparison

Official Call of Duty®: Black Ops 2 Personalization Packs Trailer #4

Weaponized 115: The Weaponized 115 Personalization Pack brings the power of Zombies to any Multiplayer match. Pack your weapons with an all-new Call of Duty®: Black Ops II Origins-inspired camo, set of reticles, and undead animated calling card.

">

If there are any new maps coming out, which I highly doubt. I predict it will be called dead man's hand? Just something about how they zoomed in at the very end on that camo specifically.

Dead Mans Hand

What is considered the dead man's hand card combination of today gets its notoriety from a legend that it was the five-card draw hand held by James Butler Hickok (better known as "Wild Bill" Hickok) when he was shot in the back of the head by Jack McCall on August 2, 1876, in Nuttal & Mann's Saloon at Deadwood, Dakota Territory. Reportedly, Hickok's final hand included the aces and eights of both black suits.

deadmanshart.jpg

This just made me think if one if my all time favourite TV Shows; DEADWOOD!

Nice one BS!

• 1 month later...