There's More To Tranzit Than Meets The Eye

Hells Warrrior

• Tech Admin

I know, I know, no one can find anything - but seriously, do you think that the Maxis and Richtofen Tower of Babble is all that exists in Tranzit?

Lets look at it in a bullet point format.

• Signs indicating a 2nd bus route
  • Orbs after the tower of babble has been done
  • Nuketown you hear the bus
  • Nuketown you see a 2nd bus station
  • Numerous tweets and "possible" hints from Jimmy and others that more exists
  • The map is too huge for it to consist of the tower of babble only
  • The jet gun, it must have a use other than a wonder weapon
  • The church tower
  • The bowling alley and the room next to it

These are just some of the things that have bugged me about this map, there has to be more to it and we have to be missing something that is in plain sight. So what is it, what are we missing, are we missing something?

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think they planned there to be much more, but then ran out of time and had to drop some of their plans. As such we have all these weird leftovers. Coupled with Jimmy Z's need to troll us, we have our current situation.

I wouldn't be majorly surprised if there is something we are missing with TranZit, but, I higly doubt it is anything major, or important.

• Moderators

I think they planned there to be much more, but then ran out of time and had to drop some of their plans. As such we have all these weird leftovers. Coupled with Jimmy Z's need to troll us, we have our current situation.

I agree with this.

Especially with Jimmy just being a troll.  :P

Glad to see CoDZ is back up, and pretty too  :D

I'm with you Hells- but, it's an irritating, arduous task looking for things, and a year+ later...

I've been hard at it with some folks over @ Activision, mostly discussing and theorizing about the orbs, as they seem to be the only real, viable next step.

But, how does one deal with the orbs? How does one spawn them even? They are as random and rare as finding a decent public match (especially these days with the lack of players).

One thing in particular I've been trying to do, and have had only one real attempt at and failed, is to suck a box orb up with the jet gun, perhaps giving it the awesomeness that it deserves.

Another recent idea via the other forum and DBZ, was that perhaps a particular gun is needed to shoot at the orbs on the streetlights/pylon.

One that came to me after a bit of research was the KAP-40, when PaP'd is the Karmic Atom Perforator-4000.

If the orbs are elements, they should have atoms.

Either way, good to see folks keeping up with the hunt, and as curious as I.

Good luck!

If there is any kind of continuation on Tranzit, then the orbs are the key. There is 4 spots they can be seen outwith the box, and they are around or above the four morse code locations. Four orbs for 4 players could mean we need to complete 4 specific tasks in order to have them show up.

It is very strange that they show up AFTER the achievement is obtained. The morse code messages could be the key to solving them.

Still... the inconsistencies in getting the orbs to show up even after all this time is strange. If there was a specific task required to get them to show up, surely one or two of them would have been ironed out by now!?

• 3 weeks later...

I tried my best at figuring out the orbs, but when theyre THAT random, it make it hard to believe they are there for any sort of purpose.

I just feel like they had a vague idea of what they wanted their two storylines to be like, but either left some things unfinished, or purposely threw things in to add to the mystique of the new map after moon.

The Nav cards? We all know that wasnt well thought out.

The orb around the traffic light was the one i thought had potential.

• 1 month later...

Decided to try some things the other day, however host ended game on last step because he "was afraid of getting downs" as we made the rounds waiting for a Max Ammo.

I had this idea, probably been tried before but it can't hurt to try.

In some code i was reading the other day, there was a piece which read:

zmb_powerup_grabbed turbine_on ladder_attached catcher_attached hatch_attached flag distancequared isonbus _a534 _k534 player get_players players should_say_upgrade

Maybe, if we complete our ToB side, grab the powerup, then have everyone on the bus and place their turbines it would do something?

I have a maxed bank, and if no one has tried this by this weekend I shall be attempting this for both sides.

Couldn't manage to find a group.

Did some exploring in theatre mode. I kept getting CG Spawn errors when trying to escape the Power.

I found some interesting things. 

First of all, the power lines (such as the floppy line at Diner) do not appear at all in theatre (tested multiple times)

Second, a few seconds after the game begins, the Tower is struck by a buttload of lightning.

e53546663ea99378c74ac361cb8257cb.png

There is also a weird board above a window in the Town area.

da6f1ecf7d6583ba7d8ad48ee33c4f5d.png

I thought these were quite interesting.

zmb_powerup_grabbed turbine_on ladder_attached catcher_attached hatch_attached flag distancequared isonbus _a534 _k534 player get_players players should_say_upgrade

This line checks to see if players are nearby the bus and if they have the ladder or hatch, the driver will say something like "Upgrade now to first class!" essentially hinting at the possibility to upgrade the bus.

That or this makes sure that whoever you're playing as (Stu, Misty, Marlton, or Russ) says something when upgrading the bus with the ladder or hatch.

I understand that the zombies team likes to keep themselves shrouded in veils of secrecy, but at this point when we are 3+ years post Black Ops and 18 months post Black ops 2, I think it would go a long way with the community to just go ahead and confirm or debunk some of the myths surrounding the games and maps.  I'm all for keeping tight lipped while the game is still fresh and new stuff is coming out, giving people an adequate amount of time to discover on their own.  It would just be nice to just get a straight answer for once from Treyarch.  The cryptic talk and constant grasping at threads is getting pretty tiresome at this point

• 4 weeks later...