Crazy Place survival/ training strategies?

Layarion

I was playing a 4 player game with people who were just gaining levels rather than easter egging, anyway I had to do alot of things in crazy place.

I was wondering what and if there is a way to rape train while the walls are active and moving? I've found that if I had to I can run tight circles directly in front of the ice portal and over the fire coals however their those strategies are risky and easy to get caught in a sticky situation especially when lagging about 100-200 milliseconds.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

All of the areas are tight and not really ideal for training. However there are certain paths that are never blocked in the Crazy Place. The safest strategy would be to hug the corners of the elemental areas; but you still run great risk of getting cut off. Ice and Wind are the best spots in my opinion as they are spacious and can easily be circled. People seem to flock towards the middle. I have no idea why it's a guaranteed death trap.

Could do with a map of the place.

I normally start by fire work my way round, I've found that if you wait for the walls to drop before moving through them you have a much easier time of things.

Using the outer edge isn't that bad especially if you have the wind or fire staff.

Monkey bombs are a good thing to have down there as it can be just enough to get you out of the corner.

If you never take a crystal the walls stay up anyway, so if you don't mind the loss of a staff as your weapon your good to go.

Get the shield, Maxis drone, QR, Jug, Stam, mule kick, Raygun II/I, Lmg, Boomhilda, Claymores & Semtex.

The only problem is boredom in the end.

Regards Alpha.

I know completing the EE removes the walls, and I know not picking up a shards removes the walls, and I've done it solo before.

I'll try running around the outer edge but it's not 100% safe, i'll take your advice about waiting for the walls to come down before moving through them. I've found that as long as other teammates are at least alive and not in Crazy Place it's drastically easier to run in CP. it's when they go down that problems show, and I like the ice area more than wind, I think it's bigger and more merciful. but you can still get cut off. I was just hoping that maybe I missed something useful

Wind and I think ice entrances ( portal areas ) have two ways to get in and out where fire and lighting only have one way in or out wind area works well stay close to the center rock seperating the two entrances to the portal area and dont go past where the crystal is the walls dont go down there and it gives u a lil bit more room to run its a big circlre high rounds in crazy place can be diff. With walls down aanyway u run it it is less than half the size of having um up

If you're not running with the walls up (pre/post-easter egg), you're better off not being there at all. It's a death trap.

Basically from my experience, it comes down to this: staffs or no staffs? If no staffs, less rounds but less setup. If you want the Crazy Place AND staffs, then do the whole easter egg. It's tedious but you get the whole spot with all staffs when it's complete.

Monkey bombs are a good thing to have down there as it can be just enough to get you out of the corner.

Yes i am a good thing to have down here,im a boss so ill keep yo alive,I could kite in aa cardboard box.#Braggingsomuch

:lol: jk.

Ive never been in the crazy place :oops:

Where is it?

yeah...

Imma go cry now.

:cry:

Okay...

at the bottom of each tunnel is a portal that takes you to the crazy place.

You must get the correct record (4 of these around map, as well as one for the center dig site).

You must get the gramophone from the dig site.

With the gramophone and the correct record, one of the portals will open.

• Administrators

If the walls are moving and you're toying around with a staff, I'd suggest grabbing the Staff of Ice+ and doing very, very small doughnuts in the middle platform. It works well if you know how far out of the middle you can extend from without being on the other side of the wall as it drops. A hotspot for getting hit, but rarely will you go down if you're charging your staff shots every so often.

The Ice entrance or the Wind Entrance is probably your best bet if you're looking to run larger trains. Otherwise, the Lightning entrance allows enough space for running with a wall weapon but you only have one pathway out as R102609 stated.

Run and scream.

Nuh uh you totally stole that method from JohnnyYouTuber. All the pro's do it.

:mrgreen:

On a more serious note, the crazy place is super easy after you've completed the EE. It's pretty much like a huge open area, 4 people can train at once - good times.

Up until then, it can be a little hectic. Infest hit the nail on the head when describing the places to train in there pre-EE.

Easy - don't build any staffs and you've got the easiest training spot in the history of zombies...no walls moving...hell no walls at all.

If ya run a RAY GUN, BLUE HAN SOLO and the wall gun that is down there (forget the name) you've got an easy 50+.

Won't get ya too far after that.

Not having to build the staffs also = 1 less pain in the bum.

Technically you're both right and wrong.

Yes the walls will fall even if you don't build a staff. It doesn't matter if you build the staves, what matters is whether you remove any of the crystals.

If you don't remove ANY crystals, the walls never fall. I just played a run with that yesterday because I didn't know about it and wanted to give it a test.

Touch any crystal, and the walls start to appear and move, only going away if you complete the entire EE.

Agreed though. It doesn't get you past fifty very easily. I'd recommend as heard, boomhilda, ray gun (mk 2 is best) and STG.

I think the spawns are actually a decent speed. I was clocking them around 20 seconds at round 20. I think. I'd have to go back and review the footage.

However without the staves, round 40 slows to a crawl, and after 50 you're probably having constant ammo troubles.

Overall though, if you haven't hit a 50 on Origins, it is a good place to make an attempt.

Agreed though. It doesn't get you past fifty very easily. I'd recommend as heard, boomhilda, ray gun (mk 2 is best) and STG.

I think the spawns are actually a decent speed. I was clocking them around 20 seconds at round 20. I think. I'd have to go back and review the footage.

However without the staves, round 40 slows to a crawl, and after 50 you're probably having constant ammo troubles.

Overall though, if you haven't hit a 50 on Origins, it is a good place to make an attempt.

Try building the Maxis Drone in Wind and use that. You'll fly through rounds. When it needs to recharge, give it a minute, train up the zombies and spray them with ammo before you teleport so that they despawn. I think I got my first 50 doing that, it's much faster than killing them yourself. Only problem is the Panzer. You'll need a Mark II or Boomhilda for when he appears. Claymores in the tunnel help too. I can guarantee that running in the middle of the Crazy Place with Maxis is probably the fastest non-staff strategy in Origins to get to 50.

Thank you Mega.

Semantics. You know what I was saying.

I'm much righter than he is wrong...or something.

And no. I did not know what you were saying, for what you were saying was incorrect. Mega specified what you meant, which was correct, but that is not what you said. Nevertheless, thank you for pointing it out. I need to try this sometime.

Running the front of farm with farm open or closed?

spacially I'd almost agree, although I'd say crazy place is still safer as they don't spawn where you can reach.

Speed wise, the crazy place is nice, but the front of farm with farm closed is crazy. Much faster. Or so I think I remember it being.

Open...need the DT and fridge, not to mention whatever part may be in the shed. I'd have to admit to never running it closed, that does sound intense. If they get around to putting the Wunderfizz on all maps I'll give it a go.

I guess I just love that feeling of having them come at you 360 degrees (which I know is technically incorrect) full tilt...find the gap, loop, arc, rinse and repeat.

And the PANZER is like an ultra aggressive version of the bus pulling up at FARM...a bit of a pain in the ass!

I've only run outside Farm with the door closed once. It was insane. Very hectic. Too much for me though. I swear round 30 blew by in just a few minutes. It was a long time ago, back before the Jet Gun was nerfed even further than it already is.

It is quite the trade off. DT2, fridge, claymores, and whatever the part may be, for I think, one of the fastest spawning areas in TranZit. The bus royally screws up that area though.