"Not Ready To Die" is from Weasel's Perspective ~Theory~

I have put this off for too long. Its time...

Welcome. I am Naitrax, or Nai, and I am here to bring you a theory I have held on to for a while, waiting for a nice little lull in the Mob of the Dead Theories. What is this theory, you ask (actually its sort of in the subject but shush)?

Well, I believe the Hidden Easter Egg Song from Call of the Dead, Not Ready to Die, is from the perspective of Albert Arlington, a.k.a "Weasel", one of the 4 playable characters in Mob of the Dead. The first thing I need to do is give you a way to listen to the music while reading this, so here that is:

Link if it somehow breaks

Okay! Now we have that established, It is time to move on to the real dissection:

Gone, cast away in time!

Evil yours, now evil mine.

So I robbed you blind...

The voices in my head suggest a less than peaceful side...

This first line refers to our mobsters being cast away in time. They have been set apart form time, forced to re-live that eventful New Years Eve, over and over.

The second line is talking about passing on some type of evil to someone (or something) else.I believe this to be about Weasel passing on his evil to the other mobsters.

The third line is quite clear: Weasel would rob you blind. Take everything you have.

The fourth line, I believe, is confirming the fact that Weasel hears the voices.

The endless possibilities,

Controlling 935.

These lines explain themselves: there are too many possibilities to who was REALLY controlling Group 935. But if this was not the case, I have a more humorous theory:

Where are We Going is played by entering the numbers 9, 3 & 5 into the Terminal in the Citadel Tunnels. This means that there are endless possibilities as to who is activating the song.

You can't break me!

Crush the fears of yesterday!

You can't save me!

Barriers of trust will fade...

The first & third lines are in a deep, demonic voice. It seems like this may be the voice of either Brutus, or our mysterious controller. The voice is trying to tell us that he cannot be broken, or saved.

The second line, I believe, is Al yelling words of false encouragement to the other mobsters.

The fourth line however, is from a sense that the trust between the characters will fade, leaving them with nothing but hate for each other, leading to the death of Weasel.

I've stood in the dark,

Been waiting all this time...

While we damn the dead I'm trying to survive...

I'm not ready to die!

The first line talks about the fact that Weasel has not been informed of the plan to bring about his demise. He has been "left in the dark".

The second line is referring to the fact that he has been waiting all this time, then, before the Cycle repeats itself again, it changes. The zombies attack.

The third line is probably one of the most important lines in the whole song. It has really no importance now, but pay attention to the "we"

Fourth line. Weasel finally has a chance to change his fate. He's not ready to die!

Damned, watch the masses fall!

Burn it down, control 'em all!

Make em crawl!

To daddy's little girl I'll read the writings on the wall...

The first line is just simply talking about the large amount of zombies slaughtered.

Line two is still a mystery to me. It has really no relevance, but if you have an idea make sure to tell me!

Line three is the same as line two. A mystery.

Line four is quite intriguing. "Daddy's little girl" would logically be Samantha, but why would she need to be read the writings of Alcatraz?

While cast into the nothingness,

Their final curtain call...

The nothingness is what I believe to be the place after death. It seems logical that that would be the mobsters final curtain call.

Now right here I am going to skip some lines, as they are the same as mentioned before. But I believe this to be the end of the first Cycle, the beginning of the second.

Through the madness we find,

Loyalty is no match for power!

Say goodbye to your life,

Left to rot in your darkest hour!

Prayers won't help you now,

As long as you're mine!

I believe these lines to be from the perspective of the Voice. He is talking to Weasel as he lays in the pool of his own blood on the Roof, reflecting on the life he had.

Once again a repeat, signifying a new Cycle.

I'll control the world!

One person at a time!

As I damn the dead I'm trying to survive

I'm not ready to die!

Here it is folks! The "we" has changed to I, signifying the grand finale on the Bridge. Weasel screaming these things at the other three as he alone fights for his survival! I AM ALBERT ARLINGTON AND I AM NOT READY TO DIE!

So that is that. The Cycle either breaks or continues at this point. Weasel lives or dies.

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my theory, and I would really appreciate some feedback on it! I spent a long time writing this, and I am glad to finally get it to you. I hope you spread the word!

~Nai

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great analysis.

The part about Al saying how he will rule the world and damning the dead, looks interesting

Just had this crazy theory that perhaps Al is Richtofen. Actually that probably can't be true, but ill throw it out there anyway.

Don't know why no one else has commented :?

• 2 weeks later...

Actually, the idea of Richtofen being Weasel is not such a bad theory. Because the purgratory part of Alcatraz seemingly happens in the afterlife or in another dimension or whatever it may be (the perks being haywire). So maybe in another life, Richofy was born at a later time and was a mobster. Maybe. Maybe not. Just MotD better be mentioned in Buried in some fashion. We have too many questions unanswered.

• 1 month later...

Update:

Changed name of thread.

Richtofen being Weasel.... That certainly is interesting! I dont really see how it could ahppen though...

I cant really remember where I got that idea from. But I suppose it is plausible, in a weird sort of way. I mean MOTD was set in 1933, and I would guess weasel is about 27-35 years old in that (even though I'm terrible with ages), so if he then breaks the cycle and is allowed to leave purgatory then by 1945( The timing-ish for Shi No Numa(Thanks Tac for your thread)) he would be about 40-47, which is about the ageing of Richtofen, and even if you were to say he's older, the timing of Shi No Numa is not confirmed and could be anytime from 1945 onwards according to Tacs thread.

Of course there is the issue with his facial structure/hair. From what I remember, Weasel is bald in MOTD, however Richtofen has a thin layer of hair. However what if the weasel is just shaved, because as a mobster he might think that looks better or because he was told to by his boss. And then when he left for Germany he started growing it again. Then because he's a doctor with a perchance for murder and experimentation, perhaps he experimented with facial augmentation, on himself.

Then his accent, perhaps it was self inflicted, because he wanted to join 935 and its unlikely they would hire anyone who isn't German. Or it came from years of him living there.

That's quite a crazy theory though

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

This being from Weasels perspective makes alot of sense. But I still firmly believe its from Richtofens Point of View. Awesome theory though, makes you think if all of this was planned for a long time.

I think everything we've seen so far (except Origins) has been planned for years. I think the only reason Origins was added was because of the damn community WHINING about not having the O4. Treyarch decided to go out on a limb and hope they'd get more "long-time fans" by adding Origins to keep the masses happy.

• 3 months later...

Great post, it's all really interesting. But I wanna say a few things... First off, those vocals during the " you can't break me" part are not "demonic". They're just screams. And idk how much a fan of avenged sevenfold you are, or of heavy metal in general, but the band used to feature a lot of screaming in their previous albums(as countless metal bands do) so that voice I doubt would be Brutus or even meant as anyone other than m shadows( song vocalist)

Treyarch actually called then up and asked them to write a song about the storyline for them and let then use it in the map. So they did(the vocalist is a fan of the game). And that song was written about the storyline. It references "power and control" a lot in the song. Which is also seen in chalk writing in walls in many maps like der Riese and kino. "Power will reunite you". And if you'd ask me, the song really relates mostly to call of the dead itself. After all the four main characters trapped behind the door have been "cast away in time". It is unknown when exactly CotD takes place unless you go by the real life celebrities ages and whatnot.

And in another note, Treyarch themselves said that MotD was not intended to be part of the original storyline to begin with. Although Treyarch might be lying. And there is a lot of things in the MotD that seem familiar to the other maps. So who knows really.

However, if the song was intended to be in a character's perspective. Then Instead of weasel, think about Samuel Stuhlinger while listening to this. "Voices in my head" sound familiar?

Great theory though man! I don't think it's fair to say anything has been proven or disproven so I respect your theory. Keep up the good thinking.

Great post, it's all really interesting. But I wanna say a few things... First off, those vocals during the " you can't break me" part are not "demonic". They're just screams. And idk how much a fan of avenged sevenfold you are, or of heavy metal in general, but the band used to feature a lot of screaming in their previous albums(as countless metal bands do) so that voice I doubt would be Brutus or even meant as anyone other than m shadows( song vocalist)

Definition of demonic is debatable. Anything scary, terrifying, or generally sounding like it comes from the depths of Hell could be considered demonic. You can sing from someone's point of view, you don't always have to be yourself when vocalizing.

Treyarch actually called then up and asked them to write a song about the storyline for them and let then use it in the map. So they did(the vocalist is a fan of the game). And that song was written about the storyline. It references "power and control" a lot in the song. Which is also seen in chalk writing in walls in many maps like der Riese and kino. "Power will reunite you". And if you'd ask me, the song really relates mostly to call of the dead itself. After all the four main characters trapped behind the door have been "cast away in time". It is unknown when exactly CotD takes place unless you go by the real life celebrities ages and whatnot.

And in another note, Treyarch themselves said that MotD was not intended to be part of the original storyline to begin with. Although Treyarch might be lying. And there is a lot of things in the MotD that seem familiar to the other maps. So who knows really.

However, if the song was intended to be in a character's perspective. Then Instead of weasel, think about Samuel Stuhlinger while listening to this. "Voices in my head" sound familiar?

Please cite a source for Treyarch saying that. I have never heard of this before, nor do I believe they would tell anyone in the middle of the storyline.

Great theory though man! I don't think it's fair to say anything has been proven or disproven so I respect your theory. Keep up the good thinking.

Edited by Delta

@

I understand that, like i said this theory may be legitimate, but I just don't believe it is so(although it's a good one) but I just don't agree with the screams being "scary or seeming like they came from hell" or something like that. It's just standard metal vocals.

And I know I heard that m shadows SAID he got the call from Treyarch. And he's generally not a liar. And I believe him tbh, after all, we see the band perform at the end of the campaign on bo2. And another one if their songs is hidden in Origins. So Treyarch obviously likes the band. But I will search to see if anyone from Treyarch has confirmed calling shadows.

@

Bro you still didn't say which one. xD

But if you mean MotD not being in the official storyline, then check youtube for the reveal trailer for Uprising.

I still haven't found proof of Treyarch calling shadows. So idk what to tell ya on that one. I believe it though. Because the song is obviously written about zombies, "935" is directly said in the song, along with other less obvious lines. And the end credit performance of "Carry On" at the end if the campaign. And the same song used to be one of the hidden songs on Tranzit before the update. And their song "Shepherd of Fire" in the intro scene of Origins along with in game Easter egg song. So like I said, Treyarch seems to like the band and vice versa. And Treyarchc whether they called then or not, agreed to put "Not Ready To Die" in CotD.

Ya i saw people mentioning that above, Not Ready to Die is quite obviously Richtofen. Cotd was the beggining of the set up for richtofens grand scheme to become immortal. So obviously the song relates to that, its in the title. Mob of the dead was not even a ghost of an idea during the creation of call of the dead, i hate to break it to you but it seems like you are grabbing at straws here. NrtD is Richtofens personal lament to himself basically saying: "I'm to smart and important to die, fuck you samantha, fuck you maxis, the world will bow to me for eternity." at least in my mind... 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...