Multiple Side Quests

So we were told that there will be multiple side quests in mob of the dead. So what are they?

Well we have:

1. Build the plane

2. Obtain the hell's retriever

3. Obtain the golden spork

4. Get the 5 purgatory skulls

5. Upgrading Watch Tower

6. Activate the 2 (may be more that we haven't found???) hidden songs

7. Full Lockdown Achievement -> brutus.. must.. Destroy.... EVERYTHING!!!

8. Obtain the Hell's Redeemer

Are there any QUESTS that I'm missing? I don't consider killing the wiesel as a quest, but rather an easter egg mission.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Full Lockdown Achievement...elusive to me still. Power on all perks, then have Brutus follow you around the map and lock everything down, including the mystery box and the buildable tables. Seems simple enough, but it's actually proving quite difficult.

That does seem hard, would he have to destroy the mystery boxes, tables, plane? and traps?

He doesn't destroy them. He locks them, so you can't use them unless you pay to unlock it first. I think the unlock fee is 2000 points, might be more for other things, but I've only ever seen 2000. So, if you needed to get Speed Cola, but it was locked, it would cost you 5000 to have Speed Cola.

He also locks the mystery box, just the one, he doesn't do anything to the box spawns.

He does smash any barriers on windows too, but I'm not 100% if that counts towards the achievement, probably would be best to just not rebuild any windows before you try for that achievement. The difficult thing that I've run into while attempting it is that he won't lock down things easily, if you're close to him he ignores whatever perk you run by and just follows you instead, so you have to run far ahead of him, so he loses you but then sees the perk machine, table, and/or box and locks them down.

I think this is easier on Solo, so he doesn't get distracted and chase other players, but also takes a lot longer as you have less afterlifes and have to open all doors by yourself.

He doesn't destroy them. He locks them, so you can't use them unless you pay to unlock it first. I think the unlock fee is 2000 points, might be more for other things, but I've only ever seen 2000. So, if you needed to get Speed Cola, but it was locked, it would cost you 5000 to have Speed Cola.

He also locks the mystery box, just the one, he doesn't do anything to the box spawns.

He does smash any barriers on windows too, but I'm not 100% if that counts towards the achievement, probably would be best to just not rebuild any windows before you try for that achievement. The difficult thing that I've run into while attempting it is that he won't lock down things easily, if you're close to him he ignores whatever perk you run by and just follows you instead, so you have to run far ahead of him, so he loses you but then sees the perk machine, table, and/or box and locks them down.

I think this is easier on Solo, so he doesn't get distracted and chase other players, but also takes a lot longer as you have less afterlifes and have to open all doors by yourself.

Yea I knew it locked it, but destoryed sounds.. well.. better. but do you have to get the plane locked? and do you have to get the traps locked?

I actually have a strategy that incorporates him. you run the acid trap trap strategy. have him at the front of the group. let him turn off the trap after you activate it killing the whole horde. this will shave off like 10 seconds from waiting for it to turn off to go into cooldown mode. but i honestly think that it will make the map harder and isn't worth risk. but i also thought that running trains in the tunnel on tranzit would be hard, so im gonna have to try it at least once :D

I wouldn't consider ANY of those side quests but just things that you can do. Besides, "side quest" is an erroneous term. Side Mission is the correct term.

They literally mean the exact same thing.

So? Amalgamated means the same thing as United, yes the country is called the United States, not the Amalgamated States. -_-

I wouldn't consider ANY of those side quests but just things that you can do. Besides, "side quest" is an erroneous term. Side Mission is the correct term.

-_- you must annoy your friends a lot lol

No need to get offensive Applesauce, MMX was just trying to help the OP.

Although when watching a game back in theatre mode I noticed it said "quest item" beside one of the plane part when it was picked up so the main EE is a side quest, the smaller objectives may be side missions or just other things to do depending on what you want to call them.

Personally Getting the retriever and golden spork are the only main one i would consider "side missions" where as all others are just parts of the main quest or further steps in these side missions

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MR9cwfqaPtI

3:54

This time around, I feel like, it's been identified that there are these Side Missions that you are going to go out and try to accomplish.

There's one Side Mission, which is Breaking the Cycle. He was talking in the past tense, so the multiple Side Missions would be Activating the Spire, Tower of Babble, Richtofen's Grande Scheme, Eclipse, Original Characters Trapped, Casimir Mechanism, and Fly Trap.

Now those other things, like flying the plane, you can call those quests if you'd like.

This time around, I feel like, it's been identified that there are these Side Missions that you are going to go out and try to accomplish.

There's one Side Mission, which is Breaking the Cycle. He was talking in the past tense, so the multiple Side Missions would be Activating the Spire, Tower of Babble, Richtofen's Grande Scheme, Eclipse, Original Characters Trapped, Casimir Mechanism, and Fly Trap.

Now those other things, like flying the plane, you can call those quests if you'd like.

It does say Quest Items

It does say Quest Items

Thanks Naitrax. You've affirmed my point.