Maxis: The Man In Charge

A few days ago I posed a question to the CoDz Community: Is there someone behind the scenes that is controlling everything that we do not know? And if there is, what are their intentions? Today, I will lay out evidence indicating that this mystery man is none other than Dr. Maxis himself.

Dr. Maxis is a very shady figure that no one knows a lot about. His intentions seem to be better than Richtofen's but we cannot be sure of that until the time comes. But there are many things that stand out to show that Maxis is not an innocent scientist who is trying "to save mankind" as he states in a message. With this post, I suggest that Dr. Maxis is a very evil man with malicious intentions that we can't even dream of understanding at this point.

As you all know, this is the Nacht Der Untoten loading screen. This mystery man, whoever it is, has been around since the beginning. Of the characters that we know, Maxis fits that description. He was there when the zombies were made. He's been involved in their development and trying to create a massive, controllable undead army.

Maxis has been around all the maps, working his ways and making sure what he wants done is complete. He did not just randomly appear in the Moon machines. He's been here this whole time. In this loading screen, we see him working on a project and also in a portal of sorts. And as we go throughout the next maps, he is still overseeing everything, as see in the Call of the Dead and Shangri-La loading screens.

But loading screen theories aren't the reason that I came up with this very interesting theory, but in-game evidence suggests this also.

This dark picture is the tower in TranZit after completing the Maxis side. As you can see, the orangish-red light shoots up the tower. This says that the color representing Maxis is an orangish-red color, the complete opposite of Richtofen's blue. Now why is this significant? I've begun to notice that red is appearing everywhere in the story, starting at Shangri-la. In Shangri-la, we had the first appearance of a red perk as monkeys would steal our power ups and run away with them.

Red power ups also appear in Moon, but for the life of me I can't find a picture.

We also had a red insta-kill that appears in TranZit. Maxis sends help to the heroes through red power ups.

But FatedTitan! In Shangri-la and Moon, the red power ups hurt you and definitely aren't helpful! Why is the red insta kill helpful then? Great question! Let's answer it.

In Black Ops, we are our original group of four going to help Richtofen complete his master plan. Maxis knows what Richtofen is trying to do and uses red power ups to be a detriment to the players. He doesn't want Samantha to not be in control of the zombies. As we turn to Black Ops 2 zombies, Samantha is no longer in control. Maxis uses his red power ups/perks to help the player because his goal is still the same...to stop Dr. Richtofen. He uses the new group to help him complete his plan to stop Richtofen. That is why he helps in Black Ops 2, but hurts in Black Ops.

But FatedTitan! I get what you're saying, but there's an issue. Maxis is dead! He's only in electronics! He can't give out power ups or perks. He doesn't have that type of control! Another great question. Let's explore it.

First, Maxis was shot in front of the MPD on Moon. The pyramid is powered by souls, meaning that Maxis' soul was absorbed into the device. Now where do these souls go? These souls are absorbed by the person in the device. That means that Maxis' soul was absorbed by Samantha. Samantha, being his daughter, gave him some power as well. Think of it as a split soul body. The best example of this that I can give is something like in Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood, where Ling partners with Greed to share his body for power. So Samantha does still have control of the zombies, but Maxis is behind the scenes, telling his daughter what to do. This is why he can give out power ups and such. He has some control, but not all control.

But there's more. When filling the containers during the Big Bang Theory Easter Egg, Samantha shouts many interesting quotes, such as

-"You will never succeed in this, Edward!"

-"The blackness will swallow your pride! Something far more terrible than you lies here!"

-"Edward! You will tremble in fear! I'll slice you apart and expose your rotten innards so you will be judged for what you have become!"

-"The earth's destruction will lie in your hands, Edward! Your fault!"

http://callofduty.wikia.com/wiki/Richto ... Transcript

So what can we gather from these quotes?

1. Samantha knows Maxis' plans to destroy the earth if she loses power.

2. Something far more evil than Samantha lies there. Maxis is far more evil than Samantha and she would know this because of the time she has spent with him in her body.

3. Also, Samantha calls him Edward over and over again. What child calls an adult by their first name? It's extremely rare. But Dr. Maxis has always called him Edward. Maxis could be influencing her into what she says as well.

As Richtofen gained control, he was still in Samantha's body. So there is a struggle for control within the body. Richtofen obviously has the most control, since as the souls switched bodies, he became the dominant soul, but Maxis is still present. This is why he can still communicate and give power ups to players.

And now, let's look at Mob of the Dead.

Now we all know that Alcatraz Island is set way back in the early 1940s(from what we know at this time). So Maxis is not in Samantha's body yet. So why are the mystery box, zombies eyes, and this tomahawk power up all red? I point you back to the beginning.

As I stated at the beginning, Maxis has been in control the whole time. He was there when zombies were created. My guess is that Maxis was in control of the zombies before anyone was in a device. He was the one who trained them at Kino. He was the one who tried to create an undead army. It only makes sense that before anyone took control, he was in control. Now how he did this is beyond me. But this is what makes sense. He was in a position of power and continually was researching zombies.

So if Alcatraz Island is in the 40s, as we suspect, perhaps the red mystery box light, the red eyes, and the red perks all point toward Maxis being in control of the zombies.

But as all readers can guess right now, this is all a theory. No one can prove any of this without more information that would come out later in new maps. But let's stop here and take a new perspective on this.

Let's say that all of this is correct. So what are his intentions?

I think that without question, we can assume that Maxis' intentions are evil. In Moon, we hear Samantha scream, "The blackness will swallow your pride! Something far more terrible than you lies here!" He's is very evil, as this quote shows. But not only that, we can look at the TranZit quotes from the crazy man in the radio. He states:

"You think you're so smart, huh? You think you can manipulate everybody into doing what you want but we know the truth!...you're calculated works and your sniffzler agents. You mean to destroy this planet and kill us all! We're not gonna help! No way no how! So yea...keep talking. But no one's gonna hear you cuz we destroyed everything...everything electronic starting with evil radio box thing!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65MwZL-wt9w 2:43

Many have thought that this is talking about Richtofen, but Maxis is the one who communicates through electronics, not Richtofen! So according to this radio, this man believes that Maxis has plans to destroy the planet and kill everyone! This just goes to show his intentions are very evil. This man could even be more evil than Dr. Richtofen!

So if we want to find his intention, look in the previous quote. He wants to destroy the planet and kill everyone.

But FatedTitan! If this is true, didn't he already accomplish this? Great question! You would think that this is true. He destroyed the planet by sending the rockets to earth to destroy the world and stop Richtofen's control of the zombies. But this character is saying this quote after the rockets have hit earth. So the world, in this sense, has already been destroyed. So what does the man mean?

So this can't mean that he literally wants to destroy the world. Maxis must want something else. Maxis doesn't just want to destroy the world. He wants control of the zombies as well. He wants to be a god. And this goes back to an earlier point.

Maxis is still in Samantha's body, but not with her soul. That means that there is a struggle occurring for power. Maxis and Richtofen fighting for control of Samantha's body. And this could be what we're trying to do with this trichotomous system. Whichever side we choose could give control to them.

So in conclusion, Maxis is the man who is behind it all. He created the zombies and is the reason that we have the red glow in Mob of the Dead and the red power ups throughout maps. I didn't want to go into this too much, but perhaps the monkeys were sent by Maxis since they steal the power ups and they become red, but also explode in a red glow on Ascension. He's been here forever watching, making sure everything went according to his plans.

Thanks for reading this and I would love your comments.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

Ah, some support for Maxis being the evil being - I like! It was a terrific read, despite how long it is. Organized in a well-done manner, yet you support every claim you make. I wish I could bring back brains somehow so I could give you a nice, juicy junk.

Using the map loading screens as a backbone for explaining who exactly Maxis is outside our normal realm of presumption is great. I never thought that he could be the figure in Nacht der Untoten, or even Ascension.

The color connection seems very related the way you approach it. I think Maxis does indeed lie within that perspective of maintaining an orange "aura" with him, whereas Samantha could very well be red. Hence, why the orange carries over to situate certain events and actions as due from Maxis.

A fuse of Maxis/Samantha? Hm, very plausible. I still believe that his soul was sucked into the MPD, but somehow transmitted into the data mainframe of Griffin Station. From there, he has reception of radio ways to transmit into other electrical devices on Earth. But to assume that he actually has some kind of power within him not as a residential being, but almost in a controlling manner...well thought out! But once Richtofen switched bodies with Sam, does that mean it's not Maxis/Richtofen within the same body together?

I wouldn't necessarily agree with him being able to control them. Sure, he experimented on them and attempted to maintain some kind of rule over them. But if you take Subject 2-6 into consideration, he couldn't handle that experiment which proved to us that he did not have any power in controlling his test subjects. He did not create zombies for the first time; rather, he learned how they could be formed using 115, and deliberately tested on them to see if a superhuman army was even possible. He failed in doing so.

It becomes evident that there is a struggle for power, just as you said. All we know is that he has a hidden agenda with only the purpose of using our new crew to submit more power in his favor. That is the goal for both entities, really. As said before, Maxis is pure evil in his action of decimating the entire Earth to prevent Richtofen from unleashing havoc with his new powers. It did set Richtofen back, but was it really necessary to destroy the world? Not really.

I am not saying that you are wrong. In fact, you make more logical points about Maxis' intentions and his hand in the control of zombies than I have ever come across. All these connections make a ton of sense, and I could not describe how well you explained it.

Kudos to you, friendo. :)

But once Richtofen switched bodies with Sam, does that mean it's not Maxis/Richtofen within the same body together?

Yes! Exactly! Which creates an even greater struggle between the two fighting for control of the body.

Of course some of what I say is would really appreciate more evidence, but I believe that this could be the case.

My dear old Maxis? Evil?! WHY I'VE NEVER!!!! :lol:

If Maxis really was in control leading up to Samantha's takeover, he put on one HELL of an act for the 2 years leading up to the transfer of power.

In my opinion, I have yet to see anything that points to Maxis having evil intentions to harm the human race. His behavior thus far can be explained. Whether you believe him is where the opinions on him split, but for me I understand his reasoning for all that he's done so far. It's also interesting to note that Maxis is not trying to gain control of power like Richtofen is during the Easter Eggs of Black Ops 2. He states his plans in TranZit to build "global polarization devices", in Die Rise he releases the broken souls of the zombies with a blood sacrifice and reincarnation. His plans are not to acquire the energy that Richtofen is after, but to somehow stop Richtofen from getting it.

Plus, would you rather work for that rat Edward and seal your own fate of eternal damnation. ;)

Regardless of my opinion on the matter, this is an extremely well written thread Fated. Some of the best theories I've read are ones in which the concepts are easy to follow and comprehend and the thread flows in a way which keeps you interested. This thread excels in all these things. Very well done my friend! :)

If Maxis really was in control leading up to Samantha's takeover, he put on one HELL of an act for the 2 years leading up to the transfer of power.

What better way to gain someones trust? Don't forget, we are dealing with a genius who has had pre-recorded messages set in place years in advanced. We obviously know he has the capability to pull something like this off.

• Administrators

What better way to gain someones trust? Don't forget, we are dealing with a genius who has had pre-recorded messages set in place years in advanced. We obviously know he has the capability to pull something like this off.

There are no pre-recorded messages, however. Everything is live, except for the radios.

That is if you believe they are pre-recorded.

And whoa! I got Shooter! Man I'm honored! Thanks, even if we do disagree!

Just wanted to bring up a relevant point I made a little while back:

Hmmm... Didnt think about Maxis. I'm assuming that in the way we kill a zombies provides a drop, that gives the "Kick" that produces the drop. An electrical discharge such as those from the spire would act in the same way. Residual 115 provides the form, and perhaps the aetherial link is provided just by richtofen's presence.

Anyway, good thread :D Never really trusted old Ludwig M. myself, you'd be amazed how many people forget he was a man trying to manufacture an undead army for the Nazi party...

Alright, just going to make one point here:

>Mob of the Dead takes place around the 1940's

>Nacht loading screen shows (what appears to be) a man stepping out of a portal at 1943

>Maxis' color is red theory

So, if what you're saying is correct, then Maxis is in control of the zombies in MotD.

Leaving all of this behind, I've always felt like Maxis was up to no good. I think Richtofen, while still not being a good guy, is far better than whatever Maxis is doing. Looking at this from the point of colors, blue has (almost) always been a "good" color, and red is "bad."

Obviously, the red theory could be proven wrong in a couple of days. We'll see though.

And you are correct, Maxis could not control the zombies very well by just the normal methods. He needed a stronger force. He wanted to control the zombies and take over the world with a zombie army. He didn't want everyone dead. He wanted to control real people by controlling the zombies. You can't be King of the World without anyone to rule over. By taking control, he would succeed in what he could not accomplish earlier, which would be controlling the zombies, leading to control over all humans.

Wow, awesome thread, you've backed up pretty much all your points with evidence and you seem to know the storyline really well. Personally I feel I don't know enough about the storyline at this point in time to be able to provide any credible theories.

However, with that I thank you once again for an awesome thread. I'm looking forward to seeing some more of your work once we (the community) are able to further decipher the zombies storyline.

Right first of all great , well thought out thread here. Good work

Alright, just going to make one point here:

>Mob of the Dead takes place around the 1940's

>Nacht loading screen shows (what appears to be) a man stepping out of a portal at 1943

>Maxis' color is red theory

So, if what you're saying is correct, then Maxis is in control of the zombies in MotD.

Leaving all of this behind, I've always felt like Maxis was up to no good. I think Richtofen, while still not being a good guy, is far better than whatever Maxis is doing. Looking at this from the point of colors, blue has (almost) always been a "good" color, and red is "bad."

Secondly in my opinion this can't be true because the voice actors are differant( One being Fred Tatasciore and one being Craig Houston) so unless the actor is changed then maxis isn't in charge . Thanks ---- Briggzy

While I see you did your research and worked hard on this, I would not argee with you. Maxis isnt nessicary an evil person. If there one thing he is then it is being blinded by revenege. He never wanted to create the undead for an army, but that was the Reichstang High Command. I am not saying maxis's intentions are better then richtofens, just saying he is so obsessed with richtofen's demise to a point where he will wipe out the human race. Of course i hope he realizes soon what he is doing.

Richtofen is similar to maxis in the fact they didnt want to do this. Richtofen has been a pawn of someone of someone something far more awful then anything else(whenever it be the vril-ya,the voices,illumati,hell even aliens and satan). When sam said that something far more terrible lied beyond the mpd she wasnt referring to maxis. She loves her daddy too much to believe he would control the zombies and rule the world. Both arent as bad as they appear. No matter if we side with maxis or richtofen, both sides will be shadowed by the greater threat in the end.

We're boned :cry:

P.S The mystery man in nacht could be anyone. Me, i think its the pentagon thief trying to get zombies in order to brainwash them The mystery man in anscenion could be yuri,gersc,or an illumati agent.

While I see you did your research and worked hard on this, I would not argee with you. Maxis isnt nessicary an evil person. If there one thing he is then it is being blinded by revenege. He never wanted to create the undead for an army, but that was the Reichstang High Command. I am not saying maxis's intentions are better then richtofens, just saying he is so obsessed with richtofen's demise to a point where he will wipe out the human race. Of course i hope he realizes soon what he is doing.

Richtofen is similar to maxis in the fact they didnt want to do this. Richtofen has been a pawn of someone of someone something far more awful then anything else(whenever it be the vril-ya,the voices,illumati,hell even aliens and satan). When sam said that something far more terrible lied beyond the mpd she wasnt referring to maxis. She loves her daddy too much to believe he would control the zombies and rule the world. Both arent as bad as they appear. No matter if we side with maxis or richtofen, both sides will be shadowed by the greater threat in the end.

We're boned :cry:

P.S The mystery man in nacht could be anyone. Me, i think its the pentagon thief trying to get zombies in order to brainwash them The mystery man in anscenion could be yuri,gersc,or an illumati agent.

You make good points, but then who do you believe is the evil far greater that lies here? And revenge can be a very motivating factor.

Also, I didn't include it above, but don't forget the extremely evil laugh that Maxis gives right after we blow up the earth. That's not the laugh of an innocent man.

You make good points, but then who do you believe is the evil far greater that lies here? And revenge can be a very motivating factor.

Also, I didn't include it above, but don't forget the extremely evil laugh that Maxis gives right after we blow up the earth. That's not the laugh of an innocent man.

I believe that the more evil factor is most likely the vril-ya. They wanted to colonize the surface and wipe out humanity. Why use armies when you can have one of the emeny and brainwash him to obey you? Helping richtofen almost ensures the vril-ya's control over earth,while if we help maxis we may make the situation of earth worse. Will we humans get out of this alive? most likely not,but as long as theres a human male and female,we can begin a new era.

Maxis has no reason to control the zombies if he can kill richtofen without them. I have a feeling the 03 and sam will figure a way to kill him. Maxis hates richtofen so much to a extent where he will destory humankind just to wipe out richtofen. I do argee maxis's laugh was not an innocent one. Anything that gets richtofen closer to his doom makes maxis happy. And the sad thing is maxis never realized richtofen was under control of the vril ya. Maxis just wants him dead,maxis basically is completely blind to what he is doing.

I sided with maxis in hope he will realize the destruction he is causing.

• 1 year later...