Date of Mob of the Dead 1941-1963

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone else trying to figure out how the Wiki managed to get an exact date of February 26th 1932? I'm 99.9% sure it's wrong but there's the tiniest part of me that denies that.

It's in the pic directly above your post. Left page, near the top, in the middle. Apparently it's Johnny Cash's birthday. Not a 100% answer to the topic at hand, however.

hmmmmmmm well I haven't been back here for the past year and I think it's time I return :P anyways!! Alright so the timeline of this is a bit confusing...well A LOT confusing buttttt I have to agree with many on the fact that since they did make these actors younger in the map it must mean it is set back years but not 1930 ish, it's just not plausible enough due to the fact that THEY WEREN'T EVEN BORN YET :OOOOO also maybe it may be set in the 1940's-50's because I strongly feel that this could be the date of the map or maybe they could've made a movie but put on botox to make them younger... lol

but that's my thought on this stuff anyways

tl;dr I spelled timelime instead of timeline

Sup dudes, been a while. How's life? The wife? The kids? Job treating you well? That's great :).

So wanna drop some information.

1) Has like...time travel been COMPLETELY forgotten and dropped from zombies? Cuz I remember time travel....lots of it.

2) screw the actors being based on who play them in real life, have we seen a director/set/ even a camera making it look remotely like they were filming a movie? Don't buy it.

3) im kinda sad that if it is prohibition era, we didn't get gangsters like Floyd banner, Tommy the gun, babyface, machine gun Kelly. But hey that's just me

4) if the "wonderweapon" can essentially be used as a sort of judge of time then this "blundergat" I think it's called, can be used as a semi accurate time mark. I say semi accurate because blunderbuss was used around 1770-1816 and battling guns were 1870(?)- 1911. Those aren't exactly accurate but I wouldn't think we're going past tthe prohibition era using those still.

5) and now this point def has to be made,but if there's a purgatory, doesnt all our fuss about timing really go out the window at that point? Because like it or not science isn't normally too keen on things like heaven hell and purgatory, and if were now dealing with something so supernatural red eyes could mean it's the devil controlling em. I lol'd at that thought

Idk if any of you guys noticed this, but there's a date on the left page with the design for the plane which says "Feb 26th, 1932." It's in the top right corner of the page, someone take a look. If the map's taking place after the 1940's, why was the Instruction paper's created in 1932, if that is the date of creation.

1) up TIL now time travel has been one way only... Forward... Never back...

2) Purhaps the movie was already made and this entire map is just the movie scenes IRL....

3)Fake gangsters, points more to this being a "fake" map...

4)There is no four,

5)The devil... Or purhaps nothing at all... Of course, not DIRRECTLY... The eyes would be empty if they had no masters...

Take this scenario...

Richtofeners: You see maxis, a computer AI, may be becoming a threat... Where is the best place to tax him? He can't just throw him out, he would have done that LONG ago... We'd have to fight him on a digital level...

Now let's return to die rise and green run, we know it's past the 90s right? So the digital age yes? How about somewhere on earth there is a station helping maxis... And let's say we have some idiot like Samule in charge of taking it out... They use a disk they found... Just a normal disk... Burn on the virus, compleatly controled by richtofen, and downloads it to maxis...

UNBEKNOWN to the Samule representative and even purhaps maxis and richtofen, the disk was ACTUALLY a movie disk for a movie produced back before the nukes! When richtofen's servant burnt the disk, the virus was implanted in the form of a movie, held on alcatraz about fake mobsters in the prohibition era: Mob of the dead...

However this is maxis's domain so these viruses sort of take form into the characters, and maxis takes hold of the systems firewall aka zombies... Red eyes are maxis's programming... The box, the dogs, perks, and anything else that helps you, is richtofen interfearing... The traps are all maxis's programs turning on him...

Now this is a golden opertunitie for maxis as well... If he can keep richtofen out of his programming aka kill the characters, or trick them into improving his defenses in some way, he can use this against richtofen, where as if richtofen succeeds, he can use it against maxis...

Now here's a bit more, PURGATORY is actually just the viruses leaving their movie-character-fusion for a short while, but they can't last like this...

The perks are somewhat known to exist by both maxis and richtofen, even the new one!

And here's the BEST part! What maxis and richtofen don't realize is that their effects in this movie not only effect the movie, but effect how the movie was FILMED! So back before the fire and death, the Alcatraz of then was being filmed in and all of a sudden, the zombies seem a bit off, like if the actors are REALY zombies, same for the actors... And so, the actors end up constructing another tower... An invisible tower... And unaccounted for tower... One that was never ment to be linked... One controled by something far worce then maxis or richtofen... Ad one that's going to throw a MASSIVE wrench in BOTH plans... :shock:

Or atleast that's how I see things going.... :D :geek:

Alright, so, I was just browsing the forums, and some guys were discussing the easter egg. Somebody posted this image:

http://gyazo.com/8970eb2314ff5187df7e46a1e61b3200.png

I would have let it just be an image, but it went off the screen.

Notice the very right edges of that. "Wall Street in Panic" "As stocks crash!" I think they're separate posts due to the coloring on the fonts, but I think that gives us a fairly good date. We're around the depression! Whenever that was, because my memory doesn't hold out too well and I'm too lazy to look it up.

Oh, the guy above me posted the same picture.

Darn.

yes, this thread is making me SO excited to start digging in once the DLC comes out. I'm so excited that we're going to get a map PACKED with mystery, clues, and symbols relative to our story at hand... rather than seemingly tip toeing around it.

The Water Tower on Alcatraz Island was built in 1941. It's not the 1930's.

That mean's nothing. Treyarch are well known for not doing their homework properly in games.

Anyway, it is all but confirmed it IS in the 30's, as they have made an escape plan up, and it is dated, as seen in the top right hand corner of the left page, here...

http://gyazo.com/8970eb2314ff5187df7e46a1e61b3200

Firstly, please read the previous comments before making a post on something that's already been said. You literally just repeated what the guy above you wrote.

A historical landmark means nothing? Where have you been the last 2 years. Geographical landmarks ae one of the best ways in determining the date and location of a specific map. While I might be inclined to agree some geographical stuff has been off in the past, I'd like to know what you're referring. You seem like you have experience with this as you said Treyarch messes these things up. So please enlightenment on what you're referring to.

Onto this date on the note:

In the last day, this new date has been brought to light. February 26, 1932. A few things to keep in mind with this date:

1. This does not give us a date of the map, but merely the date when the plans were made. It's impossible to tell when the date was written on this piece of paper, or how old the plans themselves are. I don't know about you, but I imagine making up such detailed plans to escape a prison takes lots of time, maybe even years. Those doesn't make up for the 1941 date that correlates with the Water Tower, but still. My point is the date on the piece of paper is subjective.

But most importantly...

2. Alcatraz was NOT a federal penitentiary in 1932. it wasn't until 1934 that it was opened as a penitentary. So how could an inmate make these blueprints in 1932 if the prison wasn't even opened until 1934. Before 34, it was a military prison, but we know these mobsters we play as wouldn't be in there for military crimes. The dates don't add up.

Either Treyarch royally screwed up these dates, or there's something yet to be found that will make things make sense.

• Administrators

It's kind of stretch, but the date on the paper may just be something to have us begin with. The paper is behind the plan sheets, so that means - according to how Treyarch maps out their images regarding dates - it could have very well been some more years after that particular date. Like Shooter said, 1934 is another cutoff since Alcatraz was not formally opened up to criminals such as these mobsters. I would half-heartedly assume that it would take a few years to come up with such a plan as deeply detailed as this.

Now, I'm kind of going out on a limb here, but let's assume that the zombie we saw at the start is indeed the former warden.

This friendly looking fellow

Now, I've looked it up, and only found one person related to the warden's position that remotely looks like this zombie. The person I found? E. J. Miller.

He's the dashing man in the middle.

Now, let's read his excerpt from Wikipedia:

He was the second Associate Warden of Alcatraz Federal Penitentiary under James A. Johnston in the late 1930s and 1940s, both men known for their strict discipline. Miller arrived on Alcatraz on June 23, 1934 as a Correctional officer, and by the end of the decade had been promoted to Associate Warden. Miller was Associate Warden during numerous escape attempts at Alcatraz. He was once challenged by Henri Young who complained to Miller that the Alcatraz rules which he and Johnston insisted upon were violations of Bureau of Prisons guidelines. Miller responded, “You don't run Alcatraz. I run Alcatraz", and later angrily refused Young a bible when he was in solitary confinement in D-Block. He departed Alcatraz in 1947

So, let's list some main facts about E.J. (not you, Electric Jesus).

1. He arrived in 1934.
    2. He left in 1947.
    3. He was an Associate Warden.
    3. He was present for many of the escape attempts. Something that our new crew was trying to do.

Thus, if this man is indeed the zombie we see here, then we have a possible time frame of 1934 - 1947.

The Warden was shown in the newest trailer. Here's the only screen I could find.

As you can see, he's heavily armored, and much taller. The man you see is just a guard. Perhaps the first zombie they see?

Maybe as they escape, they kill him, then he gets up?

Firstly, please read the previous comments before making a post on something that's already been said. You literally just repeated what the guy above you wrote.

Apologies... I saw your comment, and hit the quote button without going through the rest of the thread. It happens mate.

Well, in regards to the historical references... it depends on how long you have been playing CoD games. I have been playing since the first one on PC, then the second, and then the transition over to consoles.

There was things on the original (very first CoD), like weapons being used that were not in production at that time.

In Black Op 1, we use the M16 in 1961, even though it was not used by the armed forces till 1967.

The AK74 was also seen in 1964 (campaign again), yet was not made till well into the 70's.

Fortunate Son by Creedence Clearwater Revival - Played in 1968, incorrect as the song was not released till 1969

L96A1 Sniper Rifle incorrectly place in this game, officially introduced to the British Army in 1982, designed in 1980 by Accuracy International.

There is plenty of others, but my point is that they probably just didn't do their homework on the island, if it IS set in the 30's.

Either way, we will not know until it is released, so until then all we can do is speculate anyway. :)

• Administrators

Weapons should never be used for historical references. That is the law of Zombies.

But Shooter has a point, DBZ; Treyarch generally never makes a mistake with landmarks. They know that we critically examine those kind of aspects within Zombies because it helps us determine more than just a timeframe to go by. If you look all throughout Zombies history, you'll see that particular structures and landmarks help us identify the location, date, and whether a particular event in reality occurred yet or not.

The difference between the Golden Gate Bridge being completed, in progress, or not built makes a huge impact to us.

The paper itself could signify a few things. What we do know now is that we can't go before 1932 whatsoever. Shooter mentioned that it also couldn't be past 1934 due to the prison not being official for criminals outside of military, so we gain another two years. For what we know, it is highly possible that it took just a few more years to even create a plausible scenario with our soon-to-be-favorite mobsters.

Weapons should never be used for historical references. That is the law of Zombies.

But Shooter has a point, DBZ; Treyarch generally never makes a mistake with landmarks. They know that we critically examine those kind of aspects within Zombies because it helps us determine more than just a timeframe to go by. If you look all throughout Zombies history, you'll see that particular structures and landmarks help us identify the location, date, and whether a particular event in reality occurred yet or not.

The difference between the Golden Gate Bridge being completed, in progress, or not built makes a huge impact to us.

The paper itself could signify a few things. What we do know now is that we can't go before 1932 whatsoever. Shooter mentioned that it also couldn't be past 1934 due to the prison not being official for criminals outside of military, so we gain another two years. For what we know, it is highly possible that it took just a few more years to even create a plausible scenario with our soon-to-be-favorite mobsters.

Yes, all the date tells us is that it is definitely set AFTER 1932. You guys are right, there is every chance it could be years after then.

My historical issues are not just weapon related, and all were outside of zombies. They have made lots of mistakes with guns, during campaign modes.

There is building inaccuracies throughout the CoD series too. CoD2 Had some, as did CoD4 and MW2.

If they can slip up on weapon maufacturing dates for the campaign modes, or inaccuracies with building structures or errection dates for some landmarks, again in campaigns, then it does not necessarily mean it can't happen in zombies.

Still, I was just pointing out the date on the page showing an escape plane in progress, and I would be surprised if the characters we play did not create that.

So, as you pointed out, if it did not become a federal prison till 1934, then how did they get in there before then, and then start creating an escape plan...

Which they dated 1932?

• Administrators

So, as you pointed out, if it did not become a federal prison till 1934, then how did they get in there before then, and then start creating an escape plan...

Which they dated 1932?

An event could have happened in 1932 that we do not know about. As much as I hate to say it, just because we are directly given a date as simple as that does not officiate our time for this map.

This an interesting postcard that I found which was taken/created in 1932. We can see the past Alcatraz, but it doesn't mean that it was open by that time like it's known be in 1934...strange.

Which they dated 1932?

An event could have happened in 1932 that we do not know about. As much as I hate to say it, just because we are directly given a date as simple as that does not officiate our time for this map.

This an interesting postcard that I found which was taken/created in 1932. We can see the past Alcatraz, but it doesn't mean that it was open by that time like it's known be in 1934...strange.

Hmm... I might look into seeing what the island was original used for, prior to it housing a prison.

Yeah, I agree that nothing means anything until we get a chance to play it, so it is all speculation until then.

I just found it strange as to why they had, what appears to be plans to escape, dating back as far as 1932, when, as Scooter pointed out (I also pointed this same thing out yesterday on the Activision Forums), when it was not used for federal purposes, until 1934.

This was where my original comment on them maybe not taking the history of the island into proper account came from.

Either way, historically accurate, or not... I am extremely excited by the prospects of what it will add to the zombie storyline.

The red eyes are the main question I would like answered from first play.

Who is in control? Who will be the narrative? If the events precede the Group935 115 experiments, how did the outbreak occur?

Sooooooooo many questions... :D