Stuhlinger and Russman (Broken Arrow Connection)

Hey guys! So, I have followed this forum for quite sometime but only recently created an account and this is my first post. So before I get into my discovery today, just as a refresher, here is the Die Rise TV quote pertaining to "Broken Arrow": "Saber 10: "Recon 5, this is Saber 10. Our sweep failed to find evidence of any survivors on site. Broken Arrow is not viable for new FOV." ... "That's a negative sir, records appear to have been destroyed in a fire prior to the facility being overrun." ... "Sir, we believe staff may have been trying to destroy evidence implicating them in the outbreak." ... "Understood sir, confirmed drop in T-5. Retreating to safe distance."

Here is where it gets interesting. I found a YouTube video on the Activision forums which contains a quote from Russman (while PaP'ing) that goes like this: "Broken Arrow seems like a long time ago. Stu was just a baby faced brat!"

This started getting my brain working so I figured I would share here to see what everyone else thinks. Great forum by the way. Thanks for lending me your ears and eyes, let me know what you think in the comments below! Oh yea, and here is the link to the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xefX2riuOE4

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome to CoDz!

I would like to point out that, Broken arrow is used in the armed forces as a way of saying that the location they are attacking has been over run by the enemys, then its renamed to Broken Arrow until its recaptured...

However, this is zombies, and connections like that do happen quite often in zombies... we'll have to wait until future DLC ;)

From Wikipedia:

Broken Arrow

Pinnacle - Broken Arrow refers to an accidental event that involves nuclear weapons, warheads or components, but which does not create the risk of nuclear war. These include:

Accidental or unexplained nuclear detonation.

Non-nuclear detonation or burning of a nuclear weapon.

Radioactive contamination.

Loss in transit of nuclear asset with or without its carrying vehicle.

Jettisoning of a nuclear weapon or nuclear component.

Public hazard, actual or implied.

Examples of Broken Arrow events are:

1950 British Columbia B-36 crash

1956 B-47 disappearance

1958 Mars Bluff, South Carolina, when an unloaded Mark 6 bomb was accidentally dropped from a US Air Force B-47 Stratojet (the bomb's fissile core was stored in a containment area on the plane, but the bomb still contained 7600 pounds of chemical explosive trigger).

1958 Tybee Island mid-air collision

1961 Yuba City B-52 crash

1965. LTJG Douglas M. Webster, a United States Navy aviator, was the sole victim of a 1965 Broken Arrow in the Pacific Ocean that went unacknowledged by the Pentagon until 1981. His A-4 Skyhawk was lost over the side of the USS Ticonderoga (CVA-14) on 5 December 1965 while the attack jet, armed with a B43 nuclear bomb, was being rolled from a hangar bay onto an elevator during a training exercise off the coast of Japan. Webster, the A-4E Skyhawk, BuNo 151022, of Attack Squadron VA-56, and the nuclear weapon were lost when the jet rolled off an elevator,[4] of the aircraft carrier in 16,000 feet of water in the Pacific Ocean, 80 miles from Okinawa.[5][6] The Skyhawk was being rolled from the number 2 hangar bay to the number 2 elevator when it was lost.[7] Airframe, pilot, and the bomb were never found.[8] No public mention was made of the incident at the time and it would not come to light until a 1981 Pentagon report revealed that a one-megaton bomb had been lost.[9] Japan then asked for details of the incident.[10]

1966 Palomares B-52 crash[11]

1968 Thule Air Base B-52 crash

• Administrators

Good discovery on the Broken Arrow reference, friendo! Could we for a second guesstimate how old Stuhlinger might be? I would suspect somewhere in his 40's, but that is alone by appearance and how he acts/speaks. Broken Arrow does allude to some kind of event that occurs some fourty years back if we are to assume Stuhlinger is indeed in his 40's. That means if we are currently somewhere in 2025 (or within that time proximity), something occurred in the 1980s. I can't fathom what might have happened.

Some things that I found within that pre-suggested time:

Date: October 3, 1986

A Soviet "Yankee I"-class nuclear-powered ballistic missile submarine suffered an explosion and fire in one of its missile tubes 480 miles east of Bermuda. The submarine sank while under tow on October 6 in 18,000 feet of water. Two nuclear reactors and approximately 34 nuclear weapons were on board.

Date: April 7, 1989

About 300 miles north of the Norwegian coast, the Komsomolets, a Soviet nuclear-powered attack submarine, caught fire and sank. The vessel's nuclear reactor, two nuclear-armed torpedoes, and 42 of the 69 crew members were lost.

Date: August 10, 1985

While at the Chazhma Bay repair facility, about 35 miles from Vladivostok, an "Echo"-class Soviet nuclear-powered submarine suffered a reactor explosion. The explosion released a cloud of radioactivity toward Vladivostok but did not reach the city. Ten officers were killed in the explosion.

It's hard to think that someone like Russman would even speak of an incident remotely similar to these.

Isn't broken arrow called when there is so much enemies that all available air forces will do bomb run to prevent friendlies getting over run by the enemy.

Yes, it is. The term "Broken Arrow" has two different meanings. FOB also has multiple meanings, although there's no doubt FOB is of course Foward Operating Base.

Ill be back later to discuss this more. This radio is one of the most intriguing radios we have to date.

Good discovery on the Broken Arrow reference, friendo! Could we for a second guesstimate how old Stuhlinger might be? I would suspect somewhere in his 40's, but that is alone by appearance and how he acts/speaks. Broken Arrow does allude to some kind of event that occurs some fourty years back if we are to assume Stuhlinger is indeed in his 40's. That means if we are currently somewhere in 2025 (or within that time proximity), something occurred in the 1980s. I can't fathom what might have happened.

A Soviet "Yankee I"-class nuclear-powered ballistic missile submarine suffered an explosion and fire in one of its missile tubes 480 miles east of Bermuda. The submarine sank while under tow on October 6 in 18,000 feet of water. Two nuclear reactors and approximately 34 nuclear weapons were on board.

About 300 miles north of the Norwegian coast, the Komsomolets, a Soviet nuclear-powered attack submarine, caught fire and sank. The vessel's nuclear reactor, two nuclear-armed torpedoes, and 42 of the 69 crew members were lost.

While at the Chazhma Bay repair facility, about 35 miles from Vladivostok, an "Echo"-class Soviet nuclear-powered submarine suffered a reactor explosion. The explosion released a cloud of radioactivity toward Vladivostok but did not reach the city. Ten officers were killed in the explosion.

It's hard to think that someone like Russman would even speak of an incident remotely similar to these.

Or it might be in the 2000's if Maxis is right by saying this is "at least" 20 years in the future.

Russman referring to him as a Baby Faced brat doesn't necessarily mean he is referring to him AS a baby. baby-faced is a term used to describe someone who looks much younger than they actually are. I don't think we can draw any assumptions about a date range based on that...

• Administrators

Russman referring to him as a Baby Faced brat doesn't necessarily mean he is referring to him AS a baby. baby-faced is a term used to describe someone who looks much younger than they actually are. I don't think we can draw any assumptions about a date range based on that...

You are basically baby-faced for a whole decade. Of course, this is not static for everyone but it's the general range. I used the '80s for 2025-ish as an example, and we could even have the '60s for our current time region.

Good observation

As the quote from Russman in Die Rise goes "Broken Arrow was a long time ago , back when you were still a baby faced brat" I was misty when he said this near me . Russman's knowledgable of the Broken Arrow events, the context of which the word was used suggest a nuclear weapon lost , but in the context of russman's statement an Event so it is hard to tell. Really we must acknowledge both seeing how little we know ;)