More Powerful Pack a Punch?

brk3485

Rumors are circulating on XBL that if you use the battery from the power station (the one used to build the zombie electric trap) on the Pack a Punch in town that it creates more powerful weapons when used.

1) I have checked the batteries and as far as I can tell they are identical in appearance both the labels and serial numbers are the same.

2) The person who told me this said the difference is not noticeable until the later rounds and that it is not noticeable on certain weapons, specifically wall weapons and ray gun.

If this is true why are the batteries identical, maybe one has more charge left in it or is newer?

Has anyone heard or noticed anything about this?

Thoughts, ideas, criticisms, conspiricies?

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I find this to be a little far fetched. There honestly isn't much of a way to prove it unless you had side-by-side videos of the same upgraded guns, same perks, same locations, but with the separate batteries. This rumor could be a matter of seeing what you want to see. Back in BO1, my friends and I used to dolphin dive on top of each other in the corner, downing ourselves because there was a rumor you got more drops that way :lol:

Though there is a possibility of this being true, it could be just one person's experience of an easier high rounds in a match.

yeah its just a theory, maybe the battery near the power station has more life in it even if its the same battery, maybe the power turning on juices it? who knows, but this is definently circulating through different groups on live. Two seperate people who I met on matchmaking have said it plus several of my friends. It is definently weird that its not locked to the power station though, maybe a space saving tactic by haveing single object codes? seems a little 8-bit to me for that to be true

• 5 weeks later...

You'd have to dig back in the threads a ways from Black Ops 1. There was a guy who translated the code and laid out exactly how zombie damage/health, perk drop formulas, and a few other very interesting logistics worked. One of the old school guys around here could probably point you in the right direction. That being said I do believe he proved that there was no trigger for limiting max ammos other than the calculation of percentages from one perk vs another being dropped as the rounds went up. The only limit to max ammos I've actually seen is in Shangri la but that wasn't due to limited max ammos (keeping in mind max ammo's become mathmatically less frequent as you reach higher rounds)rather than limited monkeys to carry the perks to turn into max ammos.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

find this to be a little far fetched. There honestly isn't much of a way to prove it unless you had side-by-side videos of the same upgraded guns, same perks, same locations, but with the separate batteries. This rumor could be a matter of seeing what you want to see. Back in BO1, my friends and I used to dolphin dive on top of each other in the corner, downing ourselves because there was a rumor you got more drops that way :lol:

lol me & my friend used to do that thing on kino! i doubt it actualy made a diffrence tho, i cant see how downing yourself gave you more pick ups tbh :/ lukin back was probaly a stupid thing to do lol

"in tranzit, get the creature also known as 'him' down to pap, it doesn't matter which battery you used to build it, both work the same, you need to have the creature zap the pap machine while your weapon is inside, just stand in front of pap, strafe to the side when he unleashes the force upon you, now you've got a op blue pap weapon :o "

is what im gonna put in the hoaxes thread :lol:

the 2 battery thing should go in there too :D

I doubt very much this would work, but hey if someone wants to try this,.... 8-)