New Persistent Perk discussion ("Cash Back")

I tried to do this on Tranzit yesterday.

Started custom game,killed few zombies, bought QR and went prone next to it.

Did it about 15 times. Nothing happened.

Looking at video it seems like SGCBarbarian got it on 4th attempt. Will give it another try. Thanks everyone.

I'm starting to think it's more about the timing of going prone then how many times you try it. For instance, I notice if try to prone to early I get stuck in a crouch for a split second.

The one time I did achieve it it looked smoother than my previous attempts. Dunno though.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I tried to do this on Tranzit yesterday.

Started custom game,killed few zombies, bought QR and went prone next to it.

Did it about 15 times. Nothing happened.

Looking at video it seems like SGCBarbarian got it on 4th attempt. Will give it another try. Thanks everyone.

I'm starting to think it's more about the timing of going prone then how many times you try it. For instance, I notice if try to prone to early I get stuck in a crouch for a split second.

The one time I did achieve it it looked smoother than my previous attempts. Dunno though.

That could be a factor, I did get it when I had to run around a zombie to avoid being hit and getting to the perk machine which would cut down time.

so just spent another 30 mins with no persistent perk. I tried getting the p-perk and just laying down for 5+seconds, I tried buying all 4 perks on tranzit. I tried buying quick revive while prone, which you can't do because it makes you go to a crouch.

It looks like its something you get and just have to retain it and if you lose it you are pretty much screwed. I got it the first time with only 5-8 perks drank and now I got about 250 kills (spawned in get 10 kills get quick revive end game) so that equals about 20 perks drank and still didn't get it. It might be drink 100 each time but thats ridiculous just for 1k points.

And another thing is you lose it by not going prone after purchasing a perk. How would you do that with a moving elevator. This cash back perk seems really annoying.

went back and count: 23 perks drank total.

Wow... if only someone would have discovered this "new" persistent upgrade and posted proof of it a month ago...

viewtopic.php?f=139&t=28826&p=278012#p277913

Oh wait, I did.

Lots of people did. It's just now, we know exactly how to get it. Which is the most important part.

Megaton A is right. He did it first. And no one knows how to get it. All anyone is doing is guessing at the moment. Unfortunately it is not so easy to guess non-multiple-choice questions...

nobody cares about first, so annoying. -_-

I did this like 20 times on Tranzit and could not obtain the flash. So I gave up, went into Die Rise. First perk I consumed it worked! :D

Yea I still haven't gotten my green flash to appear again and I have drank well over 35 perks so I have no clue what I'm doing wrong. Did you do it on a solo or custom game? and do you think you did anything differently?

It's sort of ridiculous how ppl argue about the simple stuff. If Megaton found this out a month ago, then he found it and give him credit, why would you argue with him about what he showed or didnt show in the video. how hard is it to say, "Credit to Megaton for discovering." cheese-n-grapes people! Mods are having to remove offensive material, I can't believe it! not that big of a deal.

Has anyone managed to get it twice????

Maybe you do need x perks drank before you can reactivate it. X could be a big number, wtf!

I do see one problem with this though. If it is say 100 perks to re-activate it once you lose it, then we all would have gotten it the first time on the first try.

But we didn't, it took multiple tries for me to get it the first time and I have a lot of perks drank.

What are some other possible triggers?

I was starting to believe it was impossible to get it again after losing it. I made somewhere around 10-20 attempts at it before I started looking up more theories on how many times it would take to get it. Most sources said 15 tries. So I decided to start again and to start counting. I counted 31 additional perk purchases for me to get it. That's 30 on top of a recent 10-20 as well as the fact that I had gone prone after every perk purchase for several games before that. I'm all for the theory that you actually have to purchase a certain number of perks before beginning the approx. 15 prones. I don't believe it is as high as 100, but it could possibly be 25 or maybe even 50.

I did this like 20 times on Tranzit and could not obtain the flash. So I gave up, went into Die Rise. First perk I consumed it worked! :D

Yea I still haven't gotten my green flash to appear again and I have drank well over 35 perks so I have no clue what I'm doing wrong. Did you do it on a solo or custom game? and do you think you did anything differently?

They were both solo games. I do not believe I did anything different beside killing a few zombies.

Recently lost it because I forgot to go prone at the last perk I drank :( I'm going to attempt to get it back today.

I just reobtained and relost the upgrade. I purchased 62 perks (63 if you count the one I lost it on) after losing it. I went prone on 59 of them (consecutively) My theory is that you need to purchase 50 additional perks after losing it and the go prone after buying them the randomly generated number of times (10-20?)

thx guys for the help. I think I finally figured it out. I just think this permanent-perk is just a p-perk just like steel baricades that just takes a lot of time to get. I'm making a video that I think is more in depth than most videos out there that I will be posting soon. I will be screenshotting some testimonies from this page for some more proof. I also was able to prove that you can get the permanent perk in die rise even if the elevator moves to the next floor.

When I first heard of this P-Perk I got it but didn't keep track of how many Perks I bought with going prone but I told my brother about it and he got it with 15 purchases.

I lost it at the end of the first Die Rise game with it. I had a fall and came back in whos who mode and a perk machine was right close so I bought it but forgot about the prone thing. I got the 1000 back and the music that indicates the end of a p-perk played.

One of the times that I bought a perk just as the elevator went down, I went prone anyway, it still worked when I bought the next perk.

I tried getting it back 10 transit starts so 30 perks bought and nothing so I stopped trying.