Who's Who and Jumping Jack mist!

Scoldon

Look at the Ray gun. A beautiful weapon. Look more closely. See the blue thingy (Pic: I am led to assume that it is Liquid 115 that is in there. Look at the Jumping Jacks. Ugly, horrible b*tches. Look closely at their hands.(Pic: Now I am guessing that these "things" were made by puting dead bodies into pods filled with liquid 115. In result, they adapted to a submerged habitat. After the missiles exploded, they broke free. The same with Who's Who. It's clean, liquid 115 mixed with other prunes and chemicals, so it gives you a "second life", a bit like the zombies are reanimated.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

I honestly believe that the crawler things are mutated denizens. Just based off 2 of misty quotes saying is this a high school reunion and she mentions some mutations.

Jumping Jacks are mutations of Phaser Zombies which are mutations of Nova 6 Crawlers which are mutations of ???. We could say that ??? are the Vril-ya, as they are quite similar to the zombies found in Shangri-la.

@Scoldon: So you are relating the 115 inside the Ray Gun to the Jumping Jacks which may be similar to what's in Who's Who? Hm, quite a different perspective of things. Nice observation, friendo!

We can't determine the workings exactly of Who's Who, and we can't fully determine if 115 is truly involved in the mutation of Jumping Jacks. Something else caused them to mutate. Evolution? A new element/catalyst? The liquid in the Sliquifier looks more similar to the mist when Jumping Jacks move from place to place. Something else is involved in the process.

I honestly believe that the crawler things are mutated denizens. Just based off 2 of misty quotes saying is this a high school reunion and she mentions some mutations.

Jumping Jacks are mutations of Phaser Zombies which are mutations of Nova 6 Crawlers which are mutations of ???. We could say that ??? are the Vril-ya, as they are quite similar to the zombies found in Shangri-la.

@Scoldon: So you are relating the 115 inside the Ray Gun to the Jumping Jacks which may be similar to what's in Who's Who? Hm, quite a different perspective of things. Nice observation, friendo!

We can't determine the workings exactly of Who's Who, and we can't fully determine if 115 is truly involved in the mutation of Jumping Jacks. Something else caused them to mutate. Evolution? A new element/catalyst? The liquid in the Sliquifier looks more similar to the mist when Jumping Jacks move from place to place. Something else is involved in the process.

Man became Zombie.

Zombie became Gas Zombie.

Gas Zombie became Phasing Zombie.

Phasing Zombie became Jumping Jack.

• Administrators

Man became Zombie.

Zombie became Gas Zombie.

Gas Zombie became Phasing Zombie.

Phasing Zombie became Jumping Jack.

I assumed that there was a division between zombie and Gas Zombie though? I could've sworn that something other object or person was directly involved in the mutation. I may be 200% wrong, but I could've sworn there was a theory regarding it.

Thank you for clarifying!

I still say they are mutations of the denizens.

If they're mutations of anything its pretty obvious that it is that of a nova crawler, they're identical save for the webbing in between its fingers, the only difference is one blows up and the other can teleport short distances and are apparently black belts in karate. A possible explanation to the evolution could simply be the methods in which they were initially created here in China (which we don't know yet), the Nova Gas came from Russia did it not?

These Advanced Nova Crawlers seem to discharge electricity when they teleport and when they're killed, in the previous map we have The Avogadro, a being that appears to be made up completely of whatever that energy is that the crawlers give off.

I don't really think the Denizens are related to the crawlers because for starters they have big bulbous eyes and no sharp teeth and just bear no resemblance to the crawlers aside from their body size, also if they originally evolved from the Nova Crawlers into the Denizens before becoming the Advanced Nova Crawlers we see in Die Rise that just seems weird that their appearance would take on such a drastic change only to revert again. Although it would make a lot more sense if the Denizens were the first step in the evolutionary chain.

Well what if each map the "mutants" are the result of that specific map faction's research.

WaW=Fluffy based on Maxis' experiment with teleporters gone wrong. They appear on every map with a traditional teleporter plus Shi No Numa.

Kino/Five=Nova crawlers based on Russian/German research (captured by Americans as well)

Moon=Phasing crawlers based on 935's work based primarily on the Russian/German one from above.

Tranzit=Denizen's based on American Hanford site personnel's independent work, thats why they're so weird looking.

Die Rise=Chinese research based primarily on the Russian/German version from Blops.

^^^ This more along the lines of where I'd go with the theory.

The Jumping Jacks always seem to roundhouse kick me like Chuck Norris, it enfuriates me, but I digress.

Since the Chinese/Japanese/Asian heritage has always been associated with Martial Arts, suppose there were Nova 6 crawlers from Russia (Given its proximity to Asia) that were trained by martial artists. They developed longer limbs as a result of their training. The teleportation could also be reminiscent of how Ninjas practice invisibility and are fabled to disappear into thin air. However, Ninjas are Japanese. Shao-lin monks (kung fu) are Chinese. So maybe, they just meditate to teleport. Or maybe Treyarch just doesn't care about being geographically correct.

Getting back on topic...

I think MurderMachine's "Evolution of the Zombie" is most accurate. However, I think the Denizens are included in there somewhere- I think they may have branched off of the Gas Zombie family and evolved in a separate family. Either that, or Treyarch pretty much disregarded the story when conceiving those sons of bitches and simply added them for maximum rage.

Man, this most be some quick evolution..from what they teach in schools evolution takes like a bazillion years... :lol:

But I agree with murders views on the progression of man-zombie

except for the jump from Biped zombie to quadrupeds (crawlers) If this transformation happened I can just as easily believe that Crawlers came from denizens. In the biped zombie case we go to walking on two legs to crawling, loose eyes, gain a huge freaking mouth, and fart (explode-teleport-know karate). From denizens, they just loose their huge eyes and grew some.

I fear we are missing a link some where, just like those macro evolutionists are missing their "TRUE" link.

anybody notice that strange mark/ symbol thing on the left zombie?

This is my take on the new "Jumping Jack" crawlers and where they come from.

As we all know, when Samantha was in control of the zombies she would send in the hell hounds every could of rounds, and when we were at Kino we saw both hell hounds and nova 6 crawlers. I think that Richtofen since taking over control of the zombies has somehow managed to combined the two, giving the crawlers the ability to teleport in and increased agility.

I don't think that the new crawlers are an evolution as that would have taken too long to happen, these creatures have been engineered to be this way, but by who? To me Richtofen would be the prime candidate, and since he can now control "magical" objects (mystery box, and drops) whats to say he can't use magic to engineer new zombies.

Whatever is in those pods.. they came from Shangri La. They are also in Kino but that is set further in the future compared to when we play SL so i assume they were brought to Kino from SL by nazis. There is a large collection of them on a mine cart that has come from deep in the earth. My thoughts are that they have to be the Vrill-ya: An entrance to inner earth lies deep within the level Shangri la, Vrill-ya are said to reside in inner earth, Vrill-ya are said to be a species of human, not like us, but similar, hence why they look human but still a bit odd looking(look at them in the tanks). Lastly the Vrill-ya are supposed to be very tall, taller than humans, so what better way to package and transport them than the 31-79JGb215 shrink-ray gun, found exclusively on Shangri La.

There seems to be a general consensus that these original black crawlers came from the pods and i would generally agree as one has tipped over in Kino with blood emerging from it and it is the first time we see the black crawlers. Although I'm still not convinced as in the moon loading screen the 'nova 6 tank' image doesn't really look like these pods to me. But at the moment I'm assuming that they are mutated Vrill-ya.

The denizens of the forest in Tranzit are the result of biological mutations that have escaped from the Dulce Labs experiments. I believe the underground parts of Tranzit reference the conspiracy theories that say that there are numerous hidden underground military bases that stretch all over the US and even have an underground high speed train that connect them. I believe the town part of tranzit is actually in New Mexico and is suppose to be a part of the Dulce labs(hence all the cages), and that in Tranzit we are travelling through a much larger area of the US than first thought. When we are on bus and driver references all these places, he's not just name-chacking conspiracy theory topics, we are actually travelling past them. This is why in the die rise loading screen we are transported from around New Mexico.