ATTN Treyarch - sledgehammer and the fly

Yep, someone did 115 on PS3 today. It's above the galva area, all zombies spawn to one window. It looks even quicker than the galva one did.

Although there are still some other spots that are very safe, but slow. Hole in the upside down room, an area just of the Buddha room. It's madness. They would have been better to patch the gun by only letting it kill X number of zombies tbh, although that would have sucked still. What they did makes no sense in relation to the issues that game had and community were complaining about.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been thinking about the Sliquifier and I came back to this thread to post a possible solution to the weapon.

One of the main reasons the Sliquifier is so good for people who abuse spawn exploits and safe spots on top of slopes is that it allows power-ups to drop. Back in the day, the old wonder weapons like the Wunderwaffe and the Thundergun would not allow power-ups to spawn, meaning you had to kill the zombies with other weapons or recycle them in the Mystery Box to continue usage.

If the Sliquifier was patched back to the way it originally was (with infinite damage, no small extra slime pools) but it was no longer allowed to drop power-ups, I think that a lot of the issues of people abusing it would be gone, but the good players would be able to enjoy it once again. Since it would no longer drop power-ups, those who simply wanted to abuse it would have a certain limit to how long they could do that - until their ammo ran out. They'd have to start using other weapons (and most likely running trains) and the Mystery Box. Which would largely solve the issue of the Sliquifier being so abusable.

I honestly think that if Treyarch did this, this would do so much towards fixing Die Rise and its issues.

If you guys agree with me, please bump, make a new thread, a poll, just something. So that maybe Treyarch will consider doing this.

I've been thinking about the Sliquifier and I came back to this thread to post a possible solution to the weapon.

One of the main reasons the Sliquifier is so good for people who abuse spawn exploits and safe spots on top of slopes is that it allows power-ups to drop. Back in the day, the old wonder weapons like the Wunderwaffe and the Thundergun would not allow power-ups to spawn, meaning you had to kill the zombies with other weapons or recycle them in the Mystery Box to continue usage.

If the Sliquifier was patched back to the way it originally was (with infinite damage, no small extra slime pools) but it was no longer allowed to drop power-ups, I think that a lot of the issues of people abusing it would be gone, but the good players would be able to enjoy it once again. Since it would no longer drop power-ups, those who simply wanted to abuse it would have a certain limit to how long they could do that - until their ammo ran out. They'd have to start using other weapons (and most likely running trains) and the Mystery Box. Which would largely solve the issue of the Sliquifier being so abusable.

I honestly think that if Treyarch did this, this would do so much towards fixing Die Rise and its issues.

If you guys agree with me, please bump, make a new thread, a poll, just something. So that maybe Treyarch will consider doing this.

How do you roll the box mid round up in the diner area or by isolated elevator?

and people could go for rounds anyways without max ammo up to at least the 70s anyways.

and people could go for rounds anyways without max ammo up to at least the 70s anyways.

You'd have to run a big circle, hit the box fast, and move. The point would be that it'd be hard to do, unlike where you can get max ammos easily. And I think I can safely say that if the Sliquifier didn't drop max ammos, you'd have to use other weapons than it. After about round 30. Source? From when I tested sitting in the GK room a while back.

You'd have to run a big circle, hit the box fast, and move. The point would be that it'd be hard to do, unlike where you can get max ammos easily. And I think I can safely say that if the Sliquifier didn't drop max ammos, you'd have to use other weapons than it. After about round 30. Source? From when I tested sitting in the GK room a while back.

I just did rounds 60-65 with one max ammo. and then i found an even faster method where you can get chain reactions which saves money and makes it faster, but harder

I just did rounds 60-65 with one max ammo. and then i found an even faster method where you can get chain reactions which saves money and makes it faster, but harder

I probably did something wrong then, but in any case, without the Sliquifier dropping Max Ammos, I really doubt people would be able to get to 80+ sitting in one spot.

I had some discussions with a few more people regarding this new patch.

One of them made me look at it in a different light. It appears that Treyarch have purposely tried to change this gun from a running gun, into a camping gun.

Adding extra slime is a definite example of this.

I don't personally agree with this, but it does put somewhat of a different spin on it.

The problem with adding extra slime is that it does mean that camping in some particular spots actually favours it towards the glitchers.....you don't need to keep shooting to keep them sliding, as the new slime does this for you.

So it punishes the runners, does nothing to the glitchers. Don't know what to say anymore about this.

The problem is that people can still get to 100 running, but it actually becomes easier and more laborious.

If you only kill 24 zombies per shot, you won't have any ammo issues at all until at least round 65, when it takes 16 shots to finish a round. I don't want to type up the maths here but the gun has 40 + 10, and guaranteed ammo after every 3 or 4 zombie rounds.

Up to round 80, the gun will potentially need to be recycled once between the boss rounds, if no other ammos are received.

From 81 and up, in theory, if you are playing ultra safe you would have to recycle it every round.

However, from round 75 the gun goes back to how it used to be before....no extra slime, chains are back on. I don't know if this is purposeful or not, but it just means that to get to 100 now you simply play in a boring way until 75, and then play as before. Not fun in my opinion.

• Administrators

@Chopper: You said that the Sliquifier actually chains as it used to before after a particular round...? If that's the case, then it's either a minor bug or some reimbursement from Treyarch for nerfing it to an extent. I haven't gotten as far as 33 on Die Rise, but I'll have to see about this.

I haven't noticed the different slime puddles yet. Maybe that's because I tend to hold out near the NavCard table area and shoot maybe once per round (until past 20) while my other teammates unload on the zombies. Is it supposed to increase the duration of which they slip, or just expand the puddle size-wise?

Camping is a brilliant coop strategy. Speed cola and Double Tap are infinitely more important than Jugg, Ammo management is key and you can't get far if you can't play well in a team, or hit them in the heads. Headshots btw are between 4 and 4.5 times more damaging than a chest shot.

Glitching is camping in a spot where you can't get hit. Hence, if you are somewhere where the zombies are unable to get to you, you are glitching. The liquid gun by it's definition can create this circumstance.

It's why I keep saying glitching.

The new patch has made the slime patches last longer on the floor, which is probably the worse thing about it. The new slime patches coming from zombies moving away from the original shot location are much smaller, and manageable, but the longer lasting effect messes everything up.

Glitching is camping in a spot where you can't get hit. Hence, if you are somewhere where the zombies are unable to get to you, you are glitching, and should be beat with a sack of nickles.

FTFY :lol:

I do like camping a lot, especially in die rise. It's great for getting enough points to be setup and once it gets too bad you go to your "spots". That is what we tend to do. thedoubleglock showed my friends the "remington room" which is a great spot to camp with a good team you can go to round 30ish in there.

once you are that high you should be setup and be able to go to your respective spots.

I have some new thoughts on the patch once again.

My initial responses to it were down to the fact that I had had so much fun using it, and felt it had been taken away.

Well, today I rediscovered the fun in it.

Yesterday I played to 49 in the upside down room, and was bored as hell. It took me at least 2 1/2 hours, I had no downs and no real risk.

It had seemed that running in the China Room entirely to 100, was now impossible.

A rather large youtuber had somewhat goaded me into at least giving it another go, so I did today. First things first, I got to 49 today with no downs, in just over 2 hours. This is nearly 40 minutes slower than I had done but I had spent a lot longer getting setup - going for Galvas, ensuring who's who spawned in the right place, and then getting monkeys.

These things cost me at least 20 minutes, so it's not that far behind.

Now there is a somewhat safe way of running in there, but it was kinda boring the first time I tried it. The problem was my mindset was that it was too difficult.

Another friend made me look at it in a different light....it's not impossible but it's kinda close. Anyone who gets to even 70 in there now has gotten a real accomplishment. Whilst it wasn't easy beforehand, it wasn't *that* difficult. Not many people had managed it but still people were saying it was too easy.

I see this as a new challenge now. The first 30 are pretty easy, then it gets really crazy. I was still managing to get some pretty big chains, although I was having to cut a lot of them short early. But it was fun again, as it's now pretty insane and I need that adrenaline going to really play well. It's why I never have bothered going for high rounds before, it always seemed like a war of attrition, grinding through the rounds.

And the thing is, if you get to round 75, it goes back to who it was before. I'm not going to post any footage of what I have done until I manage to complete it. It's kind of a new strategy, that I haven't seen anywhere before.

I suspect Riley/Froogle/5and5 may have done the same thing, but he hasn't shown it in any video and I suspect his reasoning may be the same as mine. He doesn't want anyone to see it before he has done it, so it's not copied.

I'm very glad that I got to play for 3 weeks post patch, but the patch has actually now given me a new purpose again.