Music has GOT to kick it up a level!

We're all big fans of the music from WAW and Blops 1, eligna was the BEST! But... We need her back.. FAST!

However this isn't a likely possibility, as the only way to have an eligna Sigman song is to have SAMANTHIA's thoughts present, meaning we would need to see the return of Sam! But this isn't likely due to the fact she, Nikolai, Tank, and Takeo haven't been heard of sense moon...

For those who don't know all eligna's Songs reflect samanthia's feelings to some extent.. Now that samanthia is missing, so is Sigman! The only other character to have a musical group counterpart is Richtofen! His thoughts and feelings are reflected by avenged sevenfold's music... Which is why it came as a shock to me that AX7's "Carry on" was not the song for tranzit...

Now tranzit's song was pretty grand, considering that it's ORIGINAL plan was to have Skrillex's "ima try it ouuuuttt" dubstep nonsense, in as the song... It had an excuse for being short and slightly disappointing... But we're past that now...

In DIE RISE I was disappointed to not find more AX7 music... You'd think that sense richtofen is in samanthia's place there would be more ax7 songs... But there's not! There's just more Kevin...

Kevin is great, but his best work comes from working with other people IMO! He worked with eligna as well, and without him it wouldn't have been as grand either...

I mean compare "115" and "paridolia" to "carrion" and "fall down" and there's just no comparison, hands down!

So, In short, we REALLY need to get either AX7 fold back, Sigman back, or some other artice to help Kevin, who is doing a phenomenal job as is, but would really kill it with help!

One idea I had a while back was to have a duet between ax7 and Sigman singing skillet's "hero"... I imagined playing that song while on the final zombie map where both Samanthia and richtofen team up to take down a third, truely evil, force...

Anyway, the reason I created THIS thread is for anyone to purpose their ideas of songs they would like to kill zombies to... Here's mine!:

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed. Die Rise's "We All Fall Down" is a weak entry for Kevin and Clark Nova.

But keep in my mind that the EE songs in Nacht, Verruckt, and Shi No Numa are actually not in Samantha's perspective, as Samantha wasn't even in the Aether until or after the events of the O4 in Der Riese.

Lullaby for a Dead Man - Marines perspective

The One - Zombies perspective

Beauty of Annihilation - Tank, Nikolai, Richtofen, and Takeo's perspective

More A7X would be nice, along with some Disturbed, Metallica, or even Devildriver.

-Whiskey

• Administrators

Ever consider Five Finger Death Punch? Especially if you take some of their tracks from the War is the Answer or Five Finger Death Punch album.

KFAl53FOG2w

Mo1JExiw2f8

8EdEV0WXKLs

gROfnYCSBhw

Still, I think Clark & Kevin are doing a pretty great job right now. Of course, Elena is a favorite amongst us all because...well, it's Elena Siegman! I have a feeling that the more songs Clark delivers to us, the better they'll be.

Dude, I like this new guy and I think their songs go perfect with the maps, Elena was awesome but I think its really cool how they're keeping with the story and changing the singer with the announcer. To be honest I didn't really like Paradolia or Coming Home though, but I would love seeing Avenged or another great band appear to do a song or two for a map, it would be really cool if they started putting like 3 or more songs in a map, 1 for the story, one for the fans, and one for the devs

Dude, I like this new guy and I think their songs go perfect with the maps, Elena was awesome but I think its really cool how they're keeping with the story and changing the singer with the announcer. To be honest I didn't really like Paradolia or Coming Home though, but I would love seeing Avenged or another great band appear to do a song or two for a map, it would be really cool if they started putting like 3 or more songs in a map, 1 for the story, one for the fans, and one for the devs

That's the thing, there not sticking to the anouncer, the anouncer is richtofen, then they should be putting in ax7...

Also Kevin isn't new, he's worked with eligna for a LONG time... And one song is fine, it just has to be the RIGHT song...

I agree, coming home was terrible, but I don't see why you don't like paridolia... It was very peicefull at the end...

That's the thing, there not sticking to the anouncer, the anouncer is richtofen, then they should be putting in ax7...

Also Kevin isn't new, he's worked with eligna for a LONG time... And one song is fine, it just has to be the RIGHT song...

I agree, coming home was terrible, but I don't see why you don't like paridolia... It was very peicefull at the end...

I only liked "115" and the songs before it. The A7X on Moon was my favorite of the game.

But on to your statement.

True, Richtofen is the announcer, but why should we hear A7X? We heard it before he took over, so it doesn't really pertain to him. Call of the Dead to be exact, before we knew the true intentions of Richtofen's plans, we heard them with the actors.

This is also true, and I believe, as many others do, that an Elena song accompanied the O4, so that means we will only see Elena's return with the O4's return. I'm not going to say that they will return, but I'm hoping the last DLC sees the return of them.

Overall, Clark is doing a good job as I see it, and I hope to see at least one more song from him, which, if they keep the N4 going, and they have no reason to kill them off, we'll probably see more of Clark.

Wasn't A7X just in for for COTD though? I figured that was just something to do with the other characters, I'm well aware that Kevin has written most of the music for the other songs as well I was saying that I like Clark :P The first couple times I heard Carrion I was like "meh" but now he sounds kinda like the guy from Celldweller to me :P

I didn't really like those couple of songs because it felt like they were trying to put too much screamo in it and Elena is more of a melodic singer rather than a hardcore vocalist and it sounded forced, a lot of them weren't even clean sounding screams.

A still don't see why A7X should be Richtofin but maybe they are, maybe Clark is Maxis, Rissole had that awesome song analysis and it could be that Elena is Sam, Avenged are Richtofin, and Clark is Maxis

EDIT: forgot A7X was in Moon as well

I don't know about you guys but if "Hero" by Skillet or anyone else performing played it I would automatically run to revive anyone that goes down on the map lol. Best record was from powerhouse to tunnel, stamina-up, claymores out and shot him with the kraus knife before he could die out (once in a lifetime shot from across the tunnel)

I do agree though they have been slacking big time on any of the musical background. I had to get another headset just because I needed an aux line in to hook my comp up since playing music through xbox lags the game with an already crappy connection.

Honestly though, there are so many great undiscovered bands out there that there is absolutely no reason for the lack of decent music. Hell they could even do a competition, everyone sends in there material or they even pick a song for everyone to play and then submit it. You would get some awesome versions of already great songs and they could do it with a bare minimum of funds, not only that but Kevin would have more people to play with in his bored hours.

I'm aware that the music has never been that extensive in any of the maps besides the Teddy Bears and that but I don't believe it would downplay any of the songs that are hidden if they had a solid soundtrack of decent music playing during the game, hell it might even get the lobby song out of my head at some point.

The 28 Days theme song is great. Very much captures the feeling of a growing amount of struggle and despair.

Here's my favorite zombie theme song...

OxwDHpBW2Ew

It's from Lucio Fulci's 1979 film Zombi 2 (aka Zombie, Zombies, Zombie Island, Zombie Flesh-Eaters and Woodoo). This is one of my favorite zombie movies ever made. The zombies in this film look amazing!

If I were a zombie, I would totally march to this.

- Mix

Wasn't A7X just in for for COTD though? I figured that was just something to do with the other characters, I'm well aware that Kevin has written most of the music for the other songs as well I was saying that I like Clark :P The first couple times I heard Carrion I was like "meh" but now he sounds kinda like the guy from Celldweller to me :P

I didn't really like those couple of songs because it felt like they were trying to put too much screamo in it and Elena is more of a melodic singer rather than a hardcore vocalist and it sounded forced, a lot of them weren't even clean sounding screams.

A still don't see why A7X should be Richtofin but maybe they are, maybe Clark is Maxis, Rissole had that awesome song analysis and it could be that Elena is Sam, Avenged are Richtofin, and Clark is Maxis

EDIT: forgot A7X was in Moon as well

Or Clark is Samule.. Or something else...

And I agree on Elena, Luliby for a dead man had no screaming in it and it was beutifull...

And ax7 was in COTD, moon, and the trailer for blops 2 zombies (as well as the end of campaign but we don't care about that) All places where richtofen was not a playable character at some point:

He was in a vault in COTD

In moon he BECAME an overlord being...

And in the trailer he was in the ather...

We know ax7 responds to him, and Elena is Samanthia, we arnt 100% sure who the last guy was last time I checked...

Oh and Emenem... he was at "five"... But we're almost 100% certain that he was put in there for time reasons...

The 28 Days theme song is great. Very much captures the feeling of a growing amount of struggle and despair.

Here's my favorite zombie theme song...

OxwDHpBW2Ew

It's from Lucio Fulci's 1979 film Zombi 2 (aka Zombie, Zombies, Zombie Island, Zombie Flesh-Eaters and Woodoo). This is one of my favorite zombie movies ever made. The zombies in this film look amazing!

If I were a zombie, I would totally march to this.

- Mix

+1

Excellent choice. I love that film.

-Whiskey

We know ax7 responds to him, and Elena is Samantha, we arnt 100% sure who the last guy was last time I checked...

Refer to my post above, Elena is Not Samantha in the WaW EE songs, her voice wasn't considered Samantha's until Kino Der Toten, well after she was in the Aether.

-Whiskey

I'm almost positive that waw songs were from samanthia's perspective: for example...

Lulliby for a deadman: Life is still spinning, in my beginning... I know when your sleep-ing! I know the things your dream-ing and I know you will never give up and DIE!

That doesn't represent the solders at all... It references samanthia who is trying to kill the soldiers, but not anything towards the solders themselves...

The one: "Ive been waiting for someone, to find me, and kill me, and set me freeeeeee..." I've been waiting for the ONE!

This was presumed to be samanthia talking to richtofen, but we now that's rediculous, as she wants anything but that she asks for... Purhaps it's samanthia talking to another crew member... Or purhaps she's referring to Samule?

Beauty of Annialation:

All my atrocities

Come by way of reciprocity

I'm chewing the bones of my own reprieve

Death be my dignity

Execute hemlock philosophy

Poison fills the cup of the carpenter

Each of these lines reference one of the four unsavory heros: Nikolai the Carpender, the philosophic takeo, the dignified tank, and then richtofen who is chewing his own bones...

If these lyrics are cannon, then they are sung by one person, who can't be all richtofen, Dempsky, Nikolai, and takeo, they'd have to be a being observing them, like samanthia...

I can see them everywhere

They're all around me

They're waiting for me

Likewise, this isn't referring to the O4 either... Samanthia is the frightened girl in the ather, the others are just killing freak bags.

So I feel VERY confident in my previous statement about the songs in WAW being from Sam's point of view...

So I feel VERY confident in my previous statement about the songs in WAW being from Sam's point of view...

Sorry to burst your little bubble, but it's not possible for it to be Samantha's point of view. You can choose to think otherwise, but it's true.

Samantha couldn't have been the perspective in anything before Der Riese. She was NOT in the Aether yet. The mystery boxes in both Nacht and Verruckt are not considered canon. Same goes for the perk machines and teddy bears in Verruckt.

Der Riese it is possible for her perspective, but it wouldn't make any sense if the songs in Verruckt or Shi No Numa were her perspective.

Lullaby for a Dead Man

"Father, why have you forsaken me?"

"My life is gone..."

"Life is still spinning

Your end, my beginning

And everything I hope for has been strangely set aside

Breathing for living

My mind is forgiving

And destiny is proving to be absent from my life"

Applies to the Marines because they are wondering why God or whatever higher power they believe in has forsaken them. Samantha is not in the Aether yet.

Destiny is absent because they know they cannot survive.

The One

"My lust for you it cannot wait

Your skin it tastes like chocolate

Staring blankly at the sun

Waiting for my time to come

Your happy life it makes me sick"

Applies to the Zombies, because Samantha was not in the Aether yet, and Richtofen and Stuhlinger are the only ones we know of that eat flesh, and Richtofen is playable, and Stuhlinger didn't exist yet, so it has to be the Zombies perspective.

-Whiskey

Samanthia isn't in the ather yet? Yes she is... Samanthia was in the ather possibly before verrućt and DEFIANTLY before shi no Numa... We know this because we know richtofen went streight from shi no, to der reise, to kino, we also know he was present shortly after the MPD insident with samanthia, and sense he can't be in two places at once, we KNOW the MPD event happened before shi no, and therefore she was in the ather at the time if shi no Numa! Checkmate!

Purhaps verrućt may not be from her, but shi no and der reise had her in the MPD! I am 100% POSSITIVE on that!

I'm not going to argue with someone who has a lack of understanding of the story.

I've spent hours listening to ALL the songs, and even more time researching the backstory, and if you think you're right; well pin a rose on your nose. I think you're wrong.

If you realized how dumb it is to say Samantha existed in the Aether before Der Riese, you wouldn't have even replied to me the first time. The maps are in order for a reson. And Der Riese is when she gets teleported to Griffin Station, alas when she enters the Aether.

-Whiskey

I'm not going to argue with someone who has a lack of understanding of the story.

I've spent hours listening to ALL the songs, and even more time researching the backstory, and if you think you're right; well pin a rose on your nose. I think you're wrong.

I'm done with this thread. If you realized how dumb it is to say Samantha existed in the Aether before Der Riese, you wouldn't have even replied to me the first time. The maps are in order for a reson. And Der Riese is when she gets teleported to Griffin Station, alas when she enters the Aether.

-Whiskey

Im not going to point out the statistics of Time spent on theorizing...

The radio recording of samanthia is found in der reise, but that's not when the recording happens, otherwise there would be zombies inside maxis's test facility... Here's a timeline:

Richtofen teleports to moon and shangri-la --->

He returns and maxis builds his OWN teleporters--->

Samanthia teleported in the der reise incident--->

Samanthia enters the MPD ---->

Richtofen observes samanthia in the MPD---->

Richtofen returns to shi-no-Numa----> (Sometime before this veruct took place)

Richtofen teleports to der reise--->

Beauty of annihilation! --->

So-on and so forth...

I'm done with this thread. If you realized how dumb it is to say Samantha existed in the Aether before Der Riese, you wouldn't have even replied to me the first time. The maps are in order for a reson. And Der Riese is when she gets teleported to Griffin Station, alas when she enters the Aether.

-Whiskey

Im not going to point out the statistics of Time spent on theorizing...

The radio recording of samanthia is found in der reise, but that's not when the recording happens, otherwise there would be zombies inside maxis's test facility... Here's a timeline:

Richtofen teleports to moon and shangri-la --->

He returns and maxis builds his OWN teleporters--->

Samanthia teleported in the der reise incident--->

Samanthia enters the MPD ---->

Richtofen observes samanthia in the MPD---->

Richtofen returns to shi-no-Numa----> (Sometime before this veruct took place)

Richtofen teleports to der reise--->

Beauty of annihilation! --->

So-on and so forth...

Buddy that timeline isn't correct, I'm sorry. Also if you're going to post on the songs in someone's POV, at least spell that character's name right, yeah? Her name is SAMANTHA. There's no, and there never has been/ will be, an "I" in her name. Also, definitely. Not defiantly. There's a major difference here.

I'd like to pause for a second and thank everyone who's keeping this thread on task... You're a HUGE help...

As for you, don't lecture me about grammar Mr *reson, and jumbled sentences....

At this point, I KNOW I'm being trolled... I'm not stupid.. And if I'm not being trolled, you are compleatly tenacious about your origional idea, which happens to be one of the few things we can ACTUALLY prove wrong about this storyline! Good day to you sir, if you require any additional quarel, please see the radios from der reise and Moon! That should prove enough....